• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fox headbase- ready for fur?

BC_Gracie

www.furaffinity.net: Lisa Arkticheskaya Headbase by BC_Gracie
This is my second attempt at a head, the first was a cougar that never got finished. Her name is Lisa, she's an arctic fox, and I eventually intend to do a fullsuit for her (I've been a seamstress for 15 years, sewing the suit doesn't scare me a bit). Any recommendations before I start patterning for the fur? I'm considering tapering the snout a bit more, though I want her to be slightly more heavily built, like a proper Russian woman. The ears could stand a bit more contouring too, now that I think of it, but overall I think she's close.

For some reason getting the hot glue to stick has been extremely difficult, I've basically had to put glue down, let it soak into the foam, then put more glue on top of it before it'll stick, and even then it's been very hit or miss.

Anyway, thanks for any advice you may give, and please be gentle, I'm still fairly new to working with foam.

Fursuitsandmore1022

A Sorta Experienced Fursuit Maker (•̀ᵜ•́)
I have made 2 suits, currently working on my third, but it sounds like your suit is going well! as for the hot glue not sticking, The reason is probably that your foam is low quality and cant withstand heat. It could also be your glue gun is too hot. I would say to try using spray adhesive or getting a low temp glue gun.