• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Free Art: Free 3D/VRChat models for practice and examples (CLOSED FOR NOW)

Fuetaric

Aspirant
Hello everyone. I put off making an account for a while because I felt like I didn't have anything artistically to contribute, but now I've practiced using Blender (a 3D modeling program), and am considering offering commissions. I'd like to make one or two 3D character models as practice and examples, so let me know if you'd like one. I can also export them as a VRChat avatar or for use in 3D printing, if that is something you are interested in.

Examples of what I've done for practice:

Quill, from the VR game Moss. Made for VRChat, and has lip syncing. First picture is a rendered image in Blender, while the second is me using the model as an avatar in VRChat's home lobby.
Quill model rendered in Blender
Quill model in VRChat

-=-=-

The Noita, from the game Noita. Also made for VRChat, and has eye movement. This image shows it in Blender, not fully rendered.
Noita in Blender

-=-=-

Raccoon render. This one was not made for VRChat, and so has some more complicated Blender-specific features, like more intricate materials and a fur system.
Raccoon rendered.

Rules/Notes:
1) I'm still pretty new to Blender, so I'll only pick one or two characters to model, and I hope to have them done in a week or two. Your end result may also vary from my examples.
2) Nothing NSFW please.
3) Please post as much reference material as you have available for your character. Ideally, give me an image of them straight on from the front and side in T-pose (arms straight out to the side, like in the Noita image), but that's not strictly necessary. Some features, like eyes, mouths, fur, and unusual body structures can be difficult to model, but I'll try to pick characters that I think will be interesting and fun to model.
4) Let me know what you want out of the model, be it a VR Chat avatar, the .blend file itself, or just rendered images. If you'd like a VRChat model, do note that takes more work and places some limitations on the end result. For VRChat, also let me know if you'd like lip syncing (the avatar moves its mouth when the game detects audio in your microphone), eye movement (the avatar's eyes will look at other avatars nearby), and/or dynamic bones (parts of the avatar that swing around as you move, such as long ears, tails, or capes), though these will make the model more difficult to make. Some models might not work very well with these features. For example, my Quill model doesn't have eye movement because the side-mounted eyes did not work with it.
5) If you'd like, give me more information about your character, like preferred poses, expressions, simple props/environment, or anything else you'd like realized in 3D.

Finally, if anyone is willing to offer an art trade for a model, I'd be interested in that because I'd like a profile picture and/or reference sheet for myself until I can figure out how to use Paypal without revealing my name, but don't feel like you have to offer a trade.

katalistik

Chocolate scientist
Hello! This seems like an interesting opportunity, since I've been needing my OC as a VR Chat avatar but I hadn't had the possibility.

As for the rules and notes:

- I'll be posting a ref of my character at the end of this post. It isn't t-posing, but it shows most details. For mouth and such, I guess the default red tongue and some teeth works.

- I would love it to be made as a VR chat avatar and it would be greatly appreciated if it had lip syncing and dynamic bones (the eye movement is good, too, if you can of course)

- For preferences for poses I'd like it to be either sitting down on his butt, looking around, or having a cheeky pose where he's doing a "fingergun" gesture. I suppose its mostly up to what you'd like to try! ;P

And here you go, some ref. Thanks a loooot for the opportunity! If you have questions, shoot them!

Attachments

• 1531914398.katalistik_refsheet.png
    1531914398.katalistik_refsheet.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 1535021341.katalistik_1535001550.thehoneybutter_rbrs-0045.jpg
    1535021341.katalistik_1535001550.thehoneybutter_rbrs-0045.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 11

MundeMohawk

Untitled53_20210718175847.png

Here's my beaver fursona, Kieron ref sheet. He's more of the punk/smug one. Eyes and Bones will be great.

E83ljB-XIAE4JH6.jpeg

Art by MouseDoll_Art (Twitter)

I would get the PC and Oculus Rift to play VRChat. I heard it's a fun game.

Last edited:

Fuetaric

Aspirant
Thanks for the responses. I'll see how many of these I can get through. Because people are interested in VRChat, please let me know if you plan to use this with a standalone Quest headset (IE: not plugged into a computer and run completely natively on the headset itself) or if you want it to be visible to those using a standalone Quest headset. If so, the avatar needs to be lower resolution and not have certain features, like dynamic bones. If you plan on playing either with a headset connected to a computer running VRChat, or just on desktop (no VR), then this doesn't matter.

I'd love a model for Vr chat of either my characters blue, vixye or Fang if you'd be willing to do one of them! (Preferably fang) i don't need lip sync but eyes and bones would ne nice. https://www.furaffinity.net/user/bluefiremarkii/
I looked through your gallery, and to be clear, you're asking for a VRChat avatar of a quadruped (AKA: feral) character? I haven't done non-humanoid VRChat avatars before, but I can give it a try. That is part of why I made this post: to practice and try new things. Making a non-humanoid avatar is more difficult because with humanoid avatars, VRChat will automatically give it a walk and idle animation, while with a non-humanoid one, I need to provide those myself, and they might end up being rather janky.

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Thanks for the responses. I'll see how many of these I can get through. Because people are interested in VRChat, please let me know if you plan to use this with a standalone Quest headset (IE: not plugged into a computer and run completely natively on the headset itself) or if you want it to be visible to those using a standalone Quest headset. If so, the avatar needs to be lower resolution and not have certain features, like dynamic bones. If you plan on playing either with a headset connected to a computer running VRChat, or just on desktop (no VR), then this doesn't matter.

I looked through your gallery, and to be clear, you're asking for a VRChat avatar of a quadruped (AKA: feral) character? I haven't done non-humanoid VRChat avatars before, but I can give it a try. That is part of why I made this post: to practice and try new things. Making a non-humanoid avatar is more difficult because with humanoid avatars, VRChat will automatically give it a walk and idle animation, while with a non-humanoid one, I need to provide those myself, and they might end up being rather janky.
Yes he is non humanoid, but that's why i gave options! Preferably I'd like him, but if its too much work or too hard you can do a different character, like vixye. I don't really mind who at the end of the day, anything is nice, but i have been wanting a vr model for fang so that would work out well. But again, if you feel its too much work, you may pick another. But if you are up for the challenge of a quadruped, then good luck ^^

Kubudele

Cute but deadly derg life ~⭐
Hello! Thank you so much for the opportunity. I would really love to utilize 3D models of any of my sonas to use as drawing references. The .blend files would be enough; I feel VR chat avatars may be too time consuming.

There are a few extra drawings in my small gallery at DA if you need them: https://www.deviantart.com/wizard-emeraldheart/gallery

julievee

Hello this sounds awesome!! I have actually started using flowscape a game on steam that lets you build 3d landscapes. I would love a modeled coyote / wolf character to use in my scenes if you'd be so kind. They are my spirit animal. They would be feral and I would need the .obj file to import them into the landscape builder.

Not sure if you do any animations but some idle tail wag or maybe a stalking hunting pose with a snarl would be so amazing!

Pelt: Golden Brown with black points
Eyes: Orangey gold
Tail tip: Black tip
Ears: Black tipped with white inner fluff
Inspiration: