• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Free Icons for Newbies!

estiniens

stargazer
CLOSED FOR NOW

Hi there! So I've noticed lots of newbies here on FA without any kind of icon! And that just makes me sad.
So here's what I want to do, seeing as I need more icon examples and more practice. Under the requirements you show me your FA, preferably you've joined within the last 2 months on either the forum or FA (or both!), and you don't have any kind of proper character avatar, I'll gladly do one for you!
I'm talking about art specifically intended to be an avatar, not a cropped piece of your character. So if you have a profile picture but it's not something like this, then you're free to comment as well!

You can see an example of an icon I can do right here, and you'll receive both the small and large versions!
23198392@400-1492092349.jpg

Since these are free, I need a ref of your character (if it's a written ref, give me a digital color palette to work with and be as detailed as possible) and I'll only be doing 3/4th view shots (like the one above).

I have 5 slots open for these. Once they're taken, I'm done until I open up more!
1. featherw0lf - done!
2. Dodikabr - done!
3. Belatucadros - done!
4. Old Fashioned - done!
5. Poly-the-Fluff - done!

Last edited:

featherw0lf

Lovable Dorky Werewolf
Not sure if I really fit the criteria but I'd like to give it a shot. While my account was made in October I didn't start using it until December, and I made an account on the forums here under a month ago. I tend to use cropped pictures as icons simply because I have no money and no talent and can't afford to commission or trade for one.

Here's my guy:
www.furaffinity.net: Alex Reference Sheet by featherw0lf

It would mean a lot if you'd be willing to accept me, I've been eyeing your art for a while and have always wanted some kind of unique icon I could use. I understand if not though! ^-^

estiniens

stargazer
Not sure if I really fit the criteria but I'd like to give it a shot. While my account was made in October I didn't start using it until December, and I made an account on the forums here under a month ago. I tend to use cropped pictures as icons simply because I have no money and no talent and can't afford to commission or trade for one.

Here's my guy:
www.furaffinity.net: Alex Reference Sheet by featherw0lf

It would mean a lot if you'd be willing to accept me, I've been eyeing your art for a while and have always wanted some kind of unique icon I could use. I understand if not though! ^-^

Aw I'm so glad you like my art! That means a lot, you've got no idea.
Sure thing, why not, you've got a cute woofer and I've been seein' you trying to get art for a bit now and I really feel for people with no money. I'm in that situation too. <3

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
Can I dm you about it?

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
never mind I don't fit the criteria

Belatucadros

Bitches love sticks
Late but I'll post my ref just for the heck of it! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 54

estiniens

stargazer
Late but I'll post my ref just for the heck of it! Thanks!

This guy might take me a little bit longer since I'm not used to avian/beaked characters too much, and I don't want to deliver anything half-assed/rushed, so if you don't mind a wait I'd be up for it!

never mind I don't fit the criteria

Throw me a ref anyways, I'm up for taking a look! This is primarily for practice for myself anyways, so I'm caving easy and making exceptions.

Old Fashioned

Sometimes Active Member
Well I don't really have either of those at this moment, but if you would be willing to wait I think I can get it to you pretty sharpish. It is based off this character from AWSW. Also What do you need for a digital color palette?

Attachments

• Sebastian (2).jpg
    Sebastian (2).jpg
    213 KB · Views: 90

estiniens

stargazer
Well I don't really have either of those at this moment, but if you would be willing to wait I think I can get it to you pretty sharpish. It is based off this character from AWSW. Also What do you need for a digital color palette?

Just something as simple as a list of color blobs with whatever they are next to them.
For example, if you tell me 'his muzzle is brown and his base color is white', you give me what shade of white it is, and then what shade of brown it is, and label them 'base coat' and 'muzzle (or dark brown markings, depending how many of the same color you have)'.

F

FluffyShutterbug

Could ya draw an icon of me, too? I kinda like your art style.

fearlesstiger

Nightmare Hunter
I've been active on here for about a few month now so I don't know if I still count as a noob. Well guess I'll just post a reference or two and find out. Both will be versions of the same character for mix and match purposes. The main way I can explain the second reference's uncanniness to Scar is because my fursona has minor shapeshifting abilities and is quite mischievous, so a quick trip to the Pride Lands and change of appearance later and he had Simba believing he had seen a ghost for a second.
feartiger.deviantart.com: Sitting Fear - Cub version but has his preferred accessories and general body structure
feartiger.deviantart.com: Fear is 'Prepared' - Grown-up version and much more accurate to his finalized marking pattern which I am still working on

Old Fashioned

Sometimes Active Member
Is this what you need? Or is this, Base coat: Hue:144 Sat:225 Lum:30 R:2 G:26 B:62 Secondary: H:5 S:64 L:67 R:90 G:57 B:52?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 60

Belatucadros

Bitches love sticks
This guy might take me a little bit longer since I'm not used to avian/beaked characters too much, and I don't want to deliver anything half-assed/rushed, so if you don't mind a wait I'd be up for it!

Throw me a ref anyways, I'm up for taking a look! This is primarily for practice for myself anyways, so I'm caving easy and making exceptions.
No rush my friend! It's just a request after all. Thank you! :)

estiniens

stargazer
I've been active on here for about a few month now so I don't know if I still count as a noob. Well guess I'll just post a reference or two and find out. Both will be versions of the same character for mix and match purposes. The main way I can explain the second reference's uncanniness to Scar is because my fursona has minor shapeshifting abilities and is quite mischievous, so a quick trip to the Pride Lands and change of appearance later and he had Simba believing he had seen a ghost for a second.
feartiger.deviantart.com: Sitting Fear - Cub version but has his preferred accessories and general body structure
feartiger.deviantart.com: Fear is 'Prepared' - Grown-up version and much more accurate to his finalized marking pattern which I am still working on

Ahh, considering you've got an icon and stuff I think I'll pass on you for now, but he's cute! Hopefully I'll see you again in another request thread if I make one down the line and get to draw for you :>