• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Friendly reminder" to avoid Furvilla at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nyro46

Welp.

So I found out that Furvilla has a rather, for lack of a better word, toxic community. I had quit using the site some time ago, but recently found a blog (through searching up my name while I was bored. Yes, I do this. Don't judge me) where people from Furvilla apparently post as anons stupid drama shit. And I found a bunch of posts shitting on me because of an opinion I had about certain "art styles". (Which was more just people copying bad feral anatomy).

furvillaconfessions.tumblr.com: Furvilla Confessions (and these are probably not even all the posts, but at least the ones tagged with "thax").

The ones in particular that hurt me was the person telling others to boycott my contest and the other person saying my art looks like generic Sonic shit. (Which I've always been sensitive about).

Reading back on the post I made that's screenshotted there, I can admit my post was probably too harsh and jagged, especially for a site full of 15 year olds, I should have worded it better (or just not said anything at all). Keep in mind earlier this year and last year I was all over the map, and in a very shitty state of mind, and kinda tended to say more than I should have. But I feel that what these people are doing is just so wrong. Literally telling others to boycott the contest I had (now I get why I had barely anyone enter it) and even when I joined the Artfight server they had on that site this year, I felt pretty much dead ignored by every user in it, now I know why. And that post was from November 2018! I had the contest in freaking March until June or something!

What I wish is that people actually up front tell me when I'm being a dick instead of posting derogatory comments on another site and getting everyone to hate on me. Going behind my back and being an anonymous coward and telling people how shitty of a person I am because of one small tangent I had is fucking disgusting. Grow up.

Also.

My art STILL looks like Sonic?
I want to hope the person that said my art looked like "shitty Sonic fanart" was either a. knew I was insecure about my art looking like Sonic and wanted to piss me off or b. looked at my Toyhouse art while I had uploaded a shit ton of my ancient 2013 art (which actually does look like shitty Sonic fanart) but probably not.
My art probably does still look like Sonic fanart.
Fucking hell. Why do I even bother anymore.
Maybe I really should just leave the internet, again, like I was thinking of doing, since I'm being fucking stalked by a psychopath anyway.

TBH if anyone wants to go ahead and criticize my art like an intelligent human being and not throwing petty insults at me, go for it. I could probably use it. My FA is THAX-39 . . .
And if it looks like Sonic, maybe suggest (once again) how I can fix that . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 82554

There's is always drama in the furry fandom, Ferzu is but another platform for it.

N

Nyro46

There's is always drama in the furry fandom, Ferzu is but another platform for it.
Looked it up quickly. I supposed you could say, Furvilla is like the Ferzu but full of minors instead.

N

Nyro46

For what it's worth, only your old art gallery seems inspired by/literal fan art of Sonic. I don't see any similarity in your newer works.
Yeah, I can definitely see that. Back in, say, 2016 and earlier I had a stronger Sonic influence in my art. Probably a bit in 2017 too. But at one point in 2017, I tried out this weird realistic art style for a little bit, and while it didn't go over very well, when I kinda bounced back to my old style, I used elements that I learned and implemented from the experimental style into my old art style which I think helped get rid of most of the Sonic-y look. It made me wonder if these people happened to only see my older artwork in order to compare it strongly to Sonic. But I can't see how multiple people would be that dumb to only see my old art? And think that was up to date?

On another note, I wanted to mention that I edited my old thread post:
unknown.png

(This version has a couple typos that I've since fixed, but I don't feel like finding the post again to re-screenshot it).

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
Like I've said in that discord server with you.
Anonymous users don't deserve a say, as odds are if you are purposely being anonymous you're obviously trying to hide yourself which only makes you appear more of a coward, or often just trolling and it's more painfully obvious.
If I ever recieve "Anonymous" comments I immediately disregard them into the trash, if you can't say shit to my face, you're not worth my time.

Mind you, this is being anonymous with context of this...

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I see no resemblance.

N

Nyro46

Anonymous users don't deserve a say, as odds are if you are purposely being anonymous you're obviously trying to hide yourself which only makes you appear more of a coward, or often just trolling and it's more painfully obvious.
If I ever recieve "Anonymous" comments I immediately disregard them into the trash, if you can't say shit to my face, you're not worth my time.

Yeah, I agree strongly. I guess I just don't understand why people would do something like this instead of straight up telling me, "hey, you might want overlook your thread post, it was a bit harsh." and if they thought my art was that bad, maybe give me friendly pointers or something. I don't know. Would have been better than being left in the dark, but I always am left in the dark by a lot of people. But they underestimate my ability to find shit out.

Though, what do you mean by this being anonymous? Like are you saying I'm being anonymous about something? Or did you mean yourself? xP

Tenné

Purveyor of cookies
But I can't see how multiple people would be that dumb to only see my old art? And think that was up to date?
They're anonymous. It could just be someone who posted multiple times. Or someone who just wants drama.

You probably don't want to antagonise that community in your apology if you wish to stay there, by the way. Calling them toxic won't win you friends, even if you think it's true.

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
Yeah, I agree strongly. I guess I just don't understand why people would do something like this instead of straight up telling me, "hey, you might want overlook your thread post, it was a bit harsh." and if they thought my art was that bad, maybe give me friendly pointers or something. I don't know. Would have been better than being left in the dark, but I always am left in the dark by a lot of people. But they underestimate my ability to find shit out.

Though, what do you mean by this being anonymous? Like are you saying I'm being anonymous about something? Or did you mean yourself? xP
Like the anonymous comments trying to boycott you. That shit petty.

But in other cases like say reporting an admin to the owner or reporting another user you might wanna be anonymous for obvious reasons. :p
Then again, should still say somethin'.

N

Nyro46

They're anonymous. It could just be someone who posted multiple times. Or someone who just wants drama.

You probably don't want to antagonise that community in your apology if you wish to stay there, by the way. Calling them toxic won't win you friends, even if you think it's true.
I don't plan on staying there, I kinda faded out long ago. The only reason I even made that design contest they were complaining about, was to get rid of extra "Fur Dollars" (a currency on the site) that I had. I don't mean to say the entire community is "toxic" (tbh I don't even really like using that word because it is overused, but idk what other word would work) I just mean that apart of it clearly is, if they are making a drama tumblr where anons are allowed to submit posts not only complaining about users openly, but also telling others to boycott them. I think anyone with common sense will understand that I am talking about the anonymous bullies in particular, because there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Occasionally I would only go back to use the forums for trying to sell unused character designs, or finding people on ArtFight. That was the Discord I joined in the summer, it was an ArtFight Discord made by some people on Furvilla. (ArtFight is a summer event where people draw other people's characters). But for the most part when I was on the server, I felt very ignored by the members. And it wasn't even a very big server. I was being friendly and complimenting people's art and whatnot, but I could tell something was off. Considering ArtFight also seems closely associated with Furvilla, though, I will probably consider leaving it as well. (Some AF admins were in the Furvilla AF server).

Like the anonymous comments trying to boycott you. That shit petty.

But in other cases like say reporting an admin to the owner or reporting another user you might wanna be anonymous for obvious reasons. :p
Then again, should still say somethin'.

OH okay. Yeah, that makes sense. Some things you gotta stay anonymous for, for your own safety. But being anonymous for bullying, is just abuse of power.

Tyno

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam
You should care mostly about not disappointing your friends not random people you meet online imo.

N

Nyro46

You should care mostly about not disappointing your friends not random people you meet online imo.
I wouldn't leave my friends, I'd still share my art within my circles.
I don't think I will stop posting to FA, but I may take a break for a little bit to figure out what I'm doing next.
I just personally believe removing myself somewhat from some of these online interactions, might do my mental health some good. Especially after a recent kind of traumatic experience I've had (aside from this Furvilla nonsense). Staying away from sites that consist more of immature and "sensitive" people. AKA Toyhouse, DeviantArt, probably Twitter too. I'm honestly considering trying out traditional painting. I had been testing digital painting recently, but I feel that traditional painting would let me achieve the look I'm more going for . . . and to broaden my art more.
Also, I probably wouldn't leave FAF, I like the people here for the most part xP

S

Stuff

I've never heard of Furvilla. Is it like FurAffinity with all of the Art and stuff but also an extremely Toxic-Community?

N

Nyro46

I've never heard of Furvilla. Is it like FurAffinity with all of the Art and stuff but also an extremely Toxic-Community?
Furvilla is a pet site that was kind of targeted a furries, since you have these villagers that are anthropomorphic animals, and you can customize them to where you upload your own skins and can make them resemble your OCs. It also has an active on-site forum.
However the site instead seemed to gather a lot of minors and very sensitive people. And as you can imagine, a lot of drama and hostility. Like, I’m not trying to be mean or make fun of anyone by saying this, but they are the kind of people that have long lists of “triggers” where most of them are random franchises like Homestuck.

Groggy

Hm!
Hey, don't let it go to your head, your art is superb.
Also, as they say: "If you're making enemies then you're on the right path."
Seeing as this is about internet anons on a random website who don't even bother creating an account before trashtalking (so they're not responsible for their own words) then I'd call it a double win.

S

Stuff

Furvilla is a pet site that was kind of targeted a furries, since you have these villagers that are anthropomorphic animals, and you can customize them to where you upload your own skins and can make them resemble your OCs. It also has an active on-site forum.
However the site instead seemed to gather a lot of minors and very sensitive people. And as you can imagine, a lot of drama and hostility. Like, I’m not trying to be mean or make fun of anyone by saying this, but they are the kind of people that have long lists of “triggers” where most of them are random franchises like Homestuck.
Right, I see now. So it's essentially a Role-Playing Game like Furcadia? As for the Minors, I think I can see why. Games like AnimalJam(Or whatever the hell it's called, I can't even remember), have Animals in them. And kids love Animals. So, maybe that's where all of the Minors came from. But, that's just one big part of my Conspiracy-Theory. Yet, I haven't seen a single Advertisement for the Game in my entire lifetime so I don't know how kids could have discovered this Game. Most likely, they discovered it via YouTube as that's what a lot of kids are on. As for Hostility, Toxicity and Drama, Kids essentially play a big role on this online. They don't really know what they're engaging in nor' do they know what's going on or who they're talking to. Next thing you know, a Kid says a stupid thing and then the Drama begins.

As for Sensitive-People, I don't have a clue on where they came from. But, they are also a major cause of online Drama and Toxicity. They'll usually respond very harshly when somebody mentions something(E.g. Usr1: Oh, something is wrong with your Art. Usr: HOW DARE YOU. I PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THIS!!!). That's my interpretation of how they act anyway. It's close(I think).

N

Nyro46

Hey, don't let it go to your head, your art is superb.
Also, as they say: "If you're making enemies then you're on the right path."
Seeing as this is about internet anons on a random website who don't even bother creating an account before trashtalking (so they're not responsible for their own words) then I'd call it a double win.
Hey, well thank you . . . over my years being online I have made quite a few enemies. Not what I ever intended or wanted, mind you. But I just kept crossing paths with the wrong people, apparently.

Right, I see now. So it's essentially a Role-Playing Game like Furcadia? As for the Minors, I think I can see why. Games like AnimalJam(Or whatever the hell it's called, I can't even remember), have Animals in them. And kids love Animals. So, maybe that's where all of the Minors came from. But, that's just one big part of my Conspiracy-Theory. Yet, I haven't seen a single Advertisement for the Game in my entire lifetime so I don't know how kids could have discovered this Game. Most likely, they discovered it via YouTube as that's what a lot of kids are on. As for Hostility, Toxicity and Drama, Kids essentially play a big role on this online. They don't really know what they're engaging in nor' do they know what's going on or who they're talking to. Next thing you know, a Kid says a stupid thing and then the Drama begins.

As for Sensitive-People, I don't have a clue on where they came from. But, they are also a major cause of online Drama and Toxicity. They'll usually respond very harshly when somebody mentions something(E.g. Usr1: Oh, something is wrong with your Art. Usr: HOW DARE YOU. I PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THIS!!!). That's my interpretation of how they act anyway. It's close(I think).
Sort of, kind of like a mix of that and Neopets.
I bet the minors would have found it through Youtube, because you're right. Furvilla has had next to nothing in terms of advertising. Almost none of the people I saw or met on there seemed like the group I'd refer to as "FurAffinity Furries". More like "Furry Amino Furries". (If you don't know Furry Amino - it is a haven for edgy minors, art theft and drama). I recall I only knew about Furvilla because of a user on Youtube called Zabuu the Sergal making a video on it years ago. The game was really hyped up, but once it came out, people lost interest very quickly.
I've basically learned that, the best course of action is to just avoid younger people on the internet as best as I can. Being in my early twenties, I honestly don't really have much a reason to be hanging around a lot of young teens. I have always preferred the "FurAffinity Furry" side of the furry fanbase, over the young, "DeviantArt/Amino/Toyhouse Furry" side of the fanbase. (Which is basically how I have categorized the furry fandom, lol).

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I adore your art style, especially the pixel art. It doesn't remind me of sonic personally speaking though it does have an Aesthetically Pleasing "gameboy" appeal that you should 100% be proud of.

Besides even if it did look like Sonic, there's a reason those designs became popular and even one-upped nintendo in the past. They're good at presenting a recognizable character, and with just a glance you can tell what they're about. Who wouldn't want to be complimented in that way?

Second, I don't think Anonymous people deserve an edit, or an apology. The post was clearly during a rough time in life and honestly who wants a fifteen year old's money anyway? I say screw em. You have an audience and a damn good one.

S

Stuff

I bet the minors would have found it through Youtube, because you're right. Furvilla has had next to nothing in terms of advertising.
Yeah, YouTube is the only way Minors would have found the Game. Some older people(Around Teens/Young-Adults) may have also found it through YouTube but also other Social-Medias like Twitter and Facebook. But what I wonder is how the Minors stumbled upon the Game. Maybe they could've been watching Videos related to Animal-Games such as AnimalJam, Club Penguin and NeoPets and all of a sudden, a FurVille video is on the recommended. That's really the only way I think minors would have found out about the Site.

More like "Furry Amino Furries". (If you don't know Furry Amino - it is a haven for edgy minors, art theft and drama).
Oh don't worry. I know what Amino is. I haven't been a member in any Aminos nor' have I been in the Furry Amino. And I probably won't anytime soon. I am not aware of what goes on in the Furry Amino but knowing the internet nowadays, it seems like the Furry Amino is kind of like DeviantArt and the FurVilla Forum combined. Art-Theft and Drama/Toxicity....Mmmmm....My favourite!

I've basically learned that, the best course of action is to just avoid younger people on the internet as best as I can.
Yeah, that's probably for the best. Minors can be unpredictable sometimes. As I said, a Minor all of a sudden says something that they shouldn't have said and then an entire Discussion/Thread becomes a war. Let's all just say bad-words to each other, tell others that their art is terrible and just roast the hell out of everyone until they turn into roasted-chicken.

N

Nyro46

I adore your art style, especially the pixel art. It doesn't remind me of sonic personally speaking though it does have an Aesthetically Pleasing "gameboy" appeal that you should 100% be proud of.

Besides even if it did look like Sonic, there's a reason those designs became popular and even one-upped nintendo in the past. They're good at presenting a recognizable character, and with just a glance you can tell what they're about. Who wouldn't want to be complimented in that way?

Second, I don't think Anonymous people deserve an edit, or an apology. The post was clearly during a rough time in life and honestly who wants a fifteen year old's money anyway? I say screw em. You have an audience and a damn good one.
Aw, well thank you, it really means a lot . . .
And for art being recognizable, is something I've wanted to strive for in my art, so when it is put down as appearing "generic", it is very demotivating. This isn't even the first time people have called my art generic - a couple years ago I drew a picture of Nick Wilde in my art style (though my art style was a bit different back then and a lot more toony) and it was reposted on Reddit, where a couple people made fun of it saying it looked like "generic furry art". So because of this, I had already gone through a long phase where I was trying to change my art style in hopes that it wouldn't come across that way.

You might be right, but I was more worried about the few aspiring artist kids that weren't being mean, that I may have hurt or unintentionally demotivated, because of my post. The initial anons making fun of my art and telling others to boycott me, I have absolutely no respect for. Too bad I don't know who they are, so I could block them. There are a couple people in the notes on some of those posts that are people I do recognize as having watched me on FA and DA - and the fact that they never spoke to me about this situation speaks millions. I am highly considering blocking them.

Another furry platform riddled by drama and petty bickering? I’m shocked I say, shocked.
IKR?
Though I find it tends to be platforms with a higher user-base of minors or generally overly-sensitive people.

P

Purplefuzz

OP said the site is full of 15 year olds?, I guess he forgotten there cancerous if you dare disagree with them. Since they love thinking they know everything when they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.