• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Frost Dragon WIP

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Completed!
Complete Album, includes almost 100 pictures and several WIPs that weren't posted here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.657909477673187.1073741835.100003624213812&type=1&l=730946614f

I'm going to try and make a full body of this guy by Memorial Day weekend. For inspiration I'm going to keep progress here so I don't get lazy.

Update one:
15534523@400-1421841147.jpg

Here is the basic foam structure with some fleece lining.

Update two:
15788262@400-1424250571.jpg

Added teeth, stitched and installed ears, and made the start of the tongue.

Update three:
15851514@400-1424862696.jpg

Cut out fur and pinned. Muzzle fully sewn.

Update four:
15876323@400-1425102190.jpg

All frontal markings are stitched with only some still needing to be double stitched. Ordered nose and horns and gave the face a much needed shave.

Last edited:

CobaltTheDragon

Fluffy Dragon
Better then I've got so far, I'm working on my own Dragon, only issue is that I have some foam & white fabric in my closet and that's it. Waiting for my buckram to come in, but I like the head so far :)

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Updates~

Left foot single stitched along with both legs. Just being a tad lazy on the right foot.

16166852@400-1427937967.jpg

LTWi3qa.jpg

I9HUGGp.jpg

Sorry for bad lighting.

Better then I've got so far, I'm working on my own Dragon, only issue is that I have some foam & white fabric in my closet and that's it. Waiting for my buckram to come in, but I like the head so far :)
Thankies. :3 Wow I've been lazy. I had the feet pinned since the fourth but only sewed one of them last Sunday. XP

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I'm soooooo bad about updating. ^^;

Head almost done and paws done:
16501685@400-1431148171.jpg

Tail done:
16501652@400-1431147903.jpg

The head just needs its whiskers and then I can glue down the muzzle fur and nose (just pinned for now). He also still needs his tongue.

The tail is almost four feet long and has a beautiful sway.

The hand paws are pretty much done as I'm thinking of adding some more fur for the wrist.

@Birdkisses- A tad late, but thankies. :3

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Thanks. :D I plan to have him all finished up by the end of next week.

I just have the upper back, butt, arms, neck, and zipper to do for the body suit and one more footpaw so I'm getting reeeeaaally close~

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
That looks very good! Can't wait to see you wear it when it's done, be sure to post pics!!

Misomie

Lazy Artist
That looks very good! Can't wait to see you wear it when it's done, be sure to post pics!!

Two weeks from now, I'm bringing him to Fanime and the week after I'll be bringing him to a Ren Faire. I'll be sure to have tons of pics taken. X3

Birdkisses

Yay! Love the progress :3 coming along great.
Can I ask if that tail drags on the floor? I have a dragon tail to make soon..wondering how I want to style it!

Crunchy_Bat

Incoherent Babble Master
Two weeks from now, I'm bringing him to Fanime and the week after I'll be bringing him to a Ren Faire. I'll be sure to have tons of pics taken. X3

If I see that dragon at fanime, you can expect a surprise hug from me!

Misomie

Lazy Artist
@Berton- Thanks. :3

@Birdkisses- The tip sometimes drags on the floor but it depends on how I walk. It's attached to a belt via elastic and will be permasewn to the body. I'll take pics when I get around to this.

@Crunchy_Bat- I'll be attending Friday and Saturday but leaving sometime Sunday. I'll probably wear him late Friday and day Saturday. Not 100% sure. I get lots of hugs while in suit so I don't tend to remember individuals. : P

Crunchy_Bat

Incoherent Babble Master
I get lots of hugs while in suit so I don't tend to remember individuals. : P

Would It help If I were to say I would be cross dressing in a slutty man whore kimono? I will try to spot you :3

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Body suit is allllmost done. Just needs the zipper sewn. :3

To do list:
Add fleece whiskers (wire is in place)
Add tongue
Add nose
Do right foot (in ready to be furred state)
Add extra fur to handpaws if time allows
Add extra grey fur to bodysuit's neck if needed

Soooooo close. X3

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Doing a mini photoshoot on Thursday to check poses for pics. Until then, no more photos so it will be a surprise when he's all finished. :D

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Here they are~ Pics are kinda lacking in quality as Facebook is stupid. Anyways, I was running out of daylight ( so I forgot to smooth the face fur and such) but I needed the test poses before con tomorrow.

1432265682.misomie_11303466_471548593000381_238073392_n.jpg

1432265323.misomie_11328876_471548549667052_783249881_n.jpg

1432264703.misomie_11301327_471548609667046_2002781486_n.jpg

Also, he is wearing a Naruto headband for fun.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
I'm aghast, that is amazing.

Did you have a ref photo drawn of this guy somewhere or did you just wing it with the pattern and go by what's in your head?

Also gosh...I'd love to see more of these finished WIP threads, would be cool if there was to be a stickied thread linking to threads like these.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
@nastacula and Birdkisses- Thanks. :3 He's actually amazingly easy to wear as well~

@WolfNight- I like to doodle them out first. I can't remember if the doodle came before the base, but here is the original concept doodle: http://i.imgur.com/MyKbhNm.png

The body design didn't come until after I decided that I'd make a full body: http://i.imgur.com/fecVG4c.jpg

I added more markings and changed around colors to make the design work. I did change a few things for the better as I was sewing though.

I always like to at least sketch out my concept to make sure the colors and markings work well together.

GamingGal

Your suit looks beautiful! All the pictures in your gallery are amazing and really show it off very well :3 Thank you so much for taking us all on this ride with you. I quite enjoyed watching your progress! Do you plan on continuing with fursuit-making/taking commissions?