• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fun to be "weird"

pinecones

I wasn't watching Game of Thrones when it was popular, but I still heard everyone talking about it while it was coming out. I wasn't interested, all those years, never saw so much as a clip of the show.

Fast forward to the final season, series finale is released, everybody hates the show now...and then I finally think to myself "huh, I should check this show out."

So I'm a little late to pop culture, but I kinda like doing "weird" things like that. Makes me feel like eh, I might never be on the Cutting Edge of Cool™ but at least I get to explore things on my own.

It made me think about all the little things. What kind of miscellaneous weird stuff do you guys do?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I can understand wanting to experience things for yourself. Every time I try and watch a show with someone online they talk over it most of the time anyway so I don't even get to enjoy it or keep myself immersed.

But I personally find most shows to be overhyped and can't even get past the first episode.

I don't really know of/remember any weird habits like that, but I some people find me weird for reading up on/learning new words... despite knowing my hobbies with world-building and character designs...

kittyfuzz

I'm very much like that... I tend to look down on popular things and dismiss those kind of shows as being shallow and not worth it. I am super picky on things I watch and have very specific tastes (wow that sounds terrible ^_^; )Vampire Diaries has been another one that people have tried getting me to watch.

zandelux

AKA Kardek
Always doing the latest thing is pretty boring, IMO. There's so many amazing books, games, movies, music, etc. from the past as well. I enjoy modern things too, but probably 50% of my entertainment is a decade old or more. I don't think it's very weird. At least it shouldn't be. :p

I guess the weirdest thing I like to do is urban exploration, which is sneaking around abandoned buildings and such. I'm not hugely into it, but I've got a friend who really likes it and I go with him sometimes.

pilgrimfromoblivion

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :sob:
Banned
I have never watched Forrest Gump for the same reason. I got tired of hearing everyone else talk about it, and the whole idea of the movie just didn't interest me, so I never bothered.
Who was talking to you about Forrest Gump? I have not heard a single thing about that movie in the last 5-6 years and the only thing about it that i remember is that i had to watch it in 2018

D

Deleted member 133545

I will tell you two sentences That might open eyes for some
Normal is just a social construct built by society to demand the censorship of behaviors they deemed as uncommon and triggering of negative emotions
Thus creating codes and standards, I believe that those change overtime, since centuries they had
So, be yourself, stay away from the "normal" mentality, cause that shit ain't real, noone on this planet is normal
EVERYBODY is weird, and the one who convinces himself of the opposite, is even weirder

D

Deleted member 134556

I'm guilty as charged of the very same thing
but my good old plush friend is already retired, and I have no ways of fixing him back to his glory days..
So, I only grab the pillow
Get a new one when you can.

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
i am not legally allowed to disclose the weird things i do but so many times i've avoided the courts.

you should probably avoid me in real life.

there's a thin line between self defence and excessive force and what really counts as provocation anyway?

PhyloSallas

I'm very much like that... I tend to look down on popular things and dismiss those kind of shows as being shallow and not worth it. I am super picky on things I watch and have very specific tastes (wow that sounds terrible ^_^; )Vampire Diaries has been another one that people have tried getting me to watch.
Wow...this is pretty much exactly me. XD I did that recently with Among Us, then turned around, played it, loved it and...proceeded to stop playing it after 2 sessions. XD
I hear this kind of thing referred to as being "contrary." Honestly, for me at least, I think it's more like a defense mechanism to make myself feel better for not participating in popular culture. :'3 I agree though, it sounds terrible. XD

kittyfuzz

Wow...this is pretty much exactly me. XD I did that recently with Among Us, then turned around, played it, loved it and...proceeded to stop playing it after 2 sessions. XD
I hear this kind of thing referred to as being "contrary." Honestly, for me at least, I think it's more like a defense mechanism to make myself feel better for not participating in popular culture. :'3 I agree though, it sounds terrible. XD
It's a little nice to know that I'm not the only one doing this. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a defensive mechanism. I got a lot of those XD

Lira Miraeta

Cat with the soul of a dragon
It's not that weird, but it seemed to me that this is a funny feature of my body.
I never have a hangover. In general, never in my life, all my peers suffer after parties, they cannot get up in the morning, they feel so bad. And I don't feel any difference at all with any other morning. I suppose that this is due to the fact that in my body alcohol is processed very quickly, intoxication occurs instantly, but sobriety also comes very quickly.
Silver never turns black on my body. Some of my friends periodically clean their jewelry as it turns black. I somehow colored the silver ring with a chemical reagent to make it completely black. After a week of contact with my skin, the ring began to shine.

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
It's not that weird, but it seemed to me that this is a funny feature of my body.
I never have a hangover. In general, never in my life, all my peers suffer after parties, they cannot get up in the morning, they feel so bad. And I don't feel any difference at all with any other morning. I suppose that this is due to the fact that in my body alcohol is processed very quickly, intoxication occurs instantly, but sobriety also comes very quickly.
Silver never turns black on my body. Some of my friends periodically clean their jewelry as it turns black. I somehow colored the silver ring with a chemical reagent to make it completely black. After a week of contact with my skin, the ring began to shine.
I'm a dwarf so i get drunk much easier than other people because i'm only 100 pounds.

Things i touch get cleaner for some reason and I smell like mint. No idea why. I have the same issue with making things un-rust.