• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Funniest/Strangest Scenarios Explaining Furries

~OrionOtter~

I am pretty sure that all furries have some moment where their furriness is exposed either on purpose (Why?) or by accident in some way or another whether it be someone finding something they shouldn't have or just letting something slip. Here I am asking for those stories and how they were handled.

Mine was approximately 5 years ago when I went by the name of "LonelyFox" here on the forums. At the time, I had written some stories (Non-furry related) I had posted on the internet, and my father wanted to read them. He could not find them and instead of asking me (Parents are divorced so I didn't see him often) he decided to google my e-mail at the time. Top listing was the Furaffinity Forums. He then proceeded to make an account and browse the entire forum for a few /days/ before messaging me. He actually thought it was pretty interesting and it has become an inside joke since. Some people wouldn't be so fortunate, though! You cannot imagine how cold my blood ran when I saw a PRIVATE MESSAGE on the FA Forums from my father! :confused:

Have any of you had to explain what the heck a furry is on the fly? If so, how did it go down?

Last edited:

PurpleFloyd

PurpleFloyd
I had a friend who was reading through some of my texts this last thursday actually! And one of those texts had to do with furries and furry stuff (both clean and leaning towards not), since a couple of my friends know I am part of the fandom. And so the friend that was reading my texts got confused and said "Hey dude can you explain what this stuff is?". I looked at the text, panicked for a split second and just blurted out "Oh that's just part of an inside joke I have with some other friends!" then acted casual and took the phone back casually.

Dunno why I panicked :p

~OrionOtter~

Your friends are morons then.

Well, when you consider yourself furry, have many friends who also consider themselves furry, and are a furry for many years, you have many, many opportunities to somehow let something slip whether you intend to or not. Like furs who started out young in their teens texting someone about something furry and their parents finding the texts, or accidentally leaving an FA page up. Or, perhaps someone just overhears you talking on skype? Being a "moron" may increase your chances, but being found out does not equate you to being a moron.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
When I accidently wore my 'I <3 Dog Dick' shirt to work. That was a little embarrassing. :V

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I havent yet, and i plan on never having to. I dont have friends to explain to and i keep my furry stuff and everything else on the internet serpately...mostly...from probably linking a couple of places and searching tonnes of pages you might be able to link something.

But you already know too much... *Loads shotgun*

Mikhal18

Best. Custom User Title. Ever.
Furries are vile creatures that keep coming out as something they truly are not.
I mean, c'mon! I'm the only Tiger trapped in a human body! The other people who claim to be animal souls trapped in human bodies are liars! :V

Sithon

Only one. I cant remember why, but I was showing a (non-furry) friend an image of fursuiters at anthrocon. Another friend then asked "Why are you looking at furries?"... Then someone else asked "What's a furry?" The second friend then explained that all furries are people who like to fuck animals while dressed as one. When I explained that he was wrong, he asked me if I was a furry, I said yes, and boom, the Zoophile jokes never end.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
when i fucked my neighbors chihuahua in the middle of the street

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
My furryness is sort of constantly exposed. My Tumblr is 85% clean anthropomorphic stuff, my room is filled with animal paraphernalia, Most of the shows I watch involve anthros. If I meet anyone who knows what furries are they can usually peg me as one.

One of my friends called me out on this a few months ago. He basically said "I'm cool with it either way, but are you a furry?" I told him I was and he took it well. He's pretty knowledgeable so he knows not all furries are completely insane.
Little does he know I'm one of the insane ones!!1!11? :V

--Kyba--

These aren't really panicking stories, but they are related. So I was on my iPod and a friend of mine looked and saw a picture of the gay furry logo (the one with the wolf or dog head with rainbows around it) and asked what it was. I kind of just shrugged it off and said "I don't know" or something like that. Him and another one of my friends proceeded to call it the "Gay Wolf picture". The other time, which was actually pretty much the same as the first time, the same friend saw mw drawing a phipaw and decided that it was the symbol of a rock band I am apparently in called the "Fiery Ferrets". I'm not even in a band -.-

Tyranny

Accidently: Was telling my mom about a class joke how to say ''shit pirate'' in french, which I believe is niff corsair, I accidently said yiff corsair, luckly she has no idea what that means, and thank god because around the time I first became a furry I was listening to the TV she was watching in the other room, she was watching TMZ, and they mentioned furries, gave her a bad education on the matter, that and I'm sure she saw that CSI episode years ago, I vaugley remember it and I'm sure she completly forgot about it. But she doesn't know, and I intend to keep it that way. Now on purpose, at school I wear a renard queenston shirt time to time, before I got it I showed my friend spacedragonstyle raggamissile, it drove him nuts and he couldn't even listen to it all the way through, he had it stuck in his head for a short while, which amuses the shit out of me, I also occaisionally print pics off my computer, or make drawings, and show them to my friends. Like sue-chan and phenix from extinctioners, rain silves and mayhem from lapfox, which I accidently printed two so I gave the extra to my friend, he likes it...but he's not in the know. So far no one at my school has said anything to me when I wear that shirt, and I mean some have gotta know and maybe they just don't say anything. But yeah, amusing.

sparkle master

Banned
Banned
Accidently: Was telling my mom about a class joke how to say ''shit pirate'' in french, which I believe is niff corsair, I accidently said yiff corsair, luckly she has no idea what that means, and thank god because around the time I first became a furry I was listening to the TV she was watching in the other room, she was watching TMZ, and they mentioned furries, gave her a bad education on the matter, that and I'm sure she saw that CSI episode years ago, I vaugley remember it and I'm sure she completly forgot about it. But she doesn't know, and I intend to keep it that way. Now on purpose, at school I wear a renard queenston shirt time to time, before I got it I showed my friend spacedragonstyle raggamissile, it drove him nuts and he couldn't even listen to it all the way through, he had it stuck in his head for a short while, which amuses the shit out of me, I also occaisionally print pics off my computer, or make drawings, and show them to my friends. Like sue-chan and phenix from extinctioners, rain silves and mayhem from lapfox, which I accidently printed two so I gave the extra to my friend, he likes it...but he's not in the know. So far no one at my school has said anything to me when I wear that shirt, and I mean some have gotta know and maybe they just don't say anything. But yeah, amusing.

I went through your FA profile and saw the nutshot before/after pic, and I thought, thats a lot what tyranny is. It's like "stop hitting my nuts". Well how long are we going to let everyone else hit us in the nuts? When's my chance to win the lottery and hit everyone else in the nuts? Shouldn't this be the question we should be asking as Americunts? I demand answers! Tell the president I want answers now, and I will not take anything else for an answer.

T

TheMetalVelocity

I just show my family the furry pictures constantly, the really NSFW ones too. It's about time I stop hiding them ain't it? I show my mom, my brothers, my cousins, my dad, and pretty much anyone I feel safe to show them too. I literally just say "here look at this picture". I am debating whether I should show the the foot fetish ones, since I've hid that all my life, except from my cousin and my friend. Sometimes I think and say to myself "what the fuck am I doing?".

Sly_fursome

Lunch with two friends. They bring up the local con they went to, and we talk about it. They're good friends so we're comfortable with saying pretty much anything, but I know they would think the usual stereotypes about furries. I wanted to know if there were furries at the con though, because I would go to the next one if there were. So I stratgically ask what was it like? what kind of people were there, was there anybody dressed up as warhammer characters? Any cosplayers? They kept almost listing everyone, but never said furries. I finally asked if there were furries there, and they said yeah, shit was weird! Then they talked about their costumes. I just listened, feeling the judgement. They said the usual stereotypes. Honestly I got kind of defensive, I said something like whats so wrong about dressing up like a mascot? They both just turned and looked at me for a second. I said WHAT? They said you dont think its weird? I said yeah its weird but so is everything else at a con, its all different than normal. Then it got awkward. I had to explain that they were just people with a hobby, its not that bad, quit making a big deal of it. I finally said I would even try it. It never came up again, and we're all still friends so I guess they didnt care much or forgot. Close call I guess? I wonder what would have happened if I'd said straight up that I was furry

Distorted

My mother went into my closet to get some old pictures one day. When moving things around my raccoon tail dropped on her head and she freaked out for a couple of minutes thinking there was an animal in my closet. Her screaming brought my whole family in my room where I explained to them that I had gotten a few tails as a gift from.......a friend. They didn't question me any further (thank goodness) and I tried to play it off by laughing.

My brother got the worst of it though. I was surfing FA one night and checking out the NSFW stuff when my brother snuck up on me. It went as such...

"What the hell are you looking at?"
"......pictures"
"That's some wierd sh*t man..."
"You're wierd"
"Whatever furfag. You got some batteries?"
"Drawer on the left. Please go away"

Ever since then he makes jokes about me banging animals and I lock my door every night. Gotta love family.