• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Affinity beta test thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Apart from the connectivity issues, Fur Affinity is up and running on a different domain name, and needs to be thoroughly beta tested before it can be put back online.
Due to the fact that php4 is being discontinued from further development and support, as of January next year, we had to switch to php5. That already have created a number of coding issues we took care of, but there may be more.

Anyone willing to help please visit http://www.ferroxart.net and just `use` the site and it's features to see if there are any malfunctions. Then login to your account and try the same.

Report anything you find on this thread, and it will be taken care of immediately.

As soon as i am satisfied with the site's stability, and those connectivity issues are resolved, FA will be brought back online on it's primary domain.

PS
----
The site runs on live data and live database, so anything you do will b preserved on the server after it goes back online again. In other words, if you delete something, you will delete something.

Also keep in mind that FA is not a fully operational yet, and does not perform very well under load. Any attempts to abuse the site in it's current state will be frowned upon.

marymouse

Big Ears Long Tail
Logged on, did things as usual, browsed through the art and all that good stuff. Notes are working, looks like Journals are okay too... I personally didn't see any problems. Logged out since once word of this gets out the sites gonna' get crazy. :)

I'm sure this was a lot of work. Thanks, yak. :)

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
WolfoxOkamichan said:
Hmm... so wait, previously saved messages/submission notifications won't be cleared?
This `is` FA, only on a different domain.

karoug

Are people supposed to be able to see adult submissions without logging on? I logged on, logged off, and did a browse of adult categories and I can see it all.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like some things just aren't marked mature even though they are in adult categories. My Bad, or the submitters bad :-/

imnohbody

FWIW, things seem to be working okay for me. Browsed submissions and journals, left a comment here and there, skimmed the recent submissions, all no problem. Firefox 2.whatever, XP SP2.

*thumbs up* No problems here!

karoug

A couple of minor things:

Delete and save options when viewing a private message have no icons.
Deleting or saving a message in my outbox does not seem to have any effect although the options work fine on the inbox.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
karoug said:
A couple of minor things:

Delete and save options when viewing a private message have no icons.
Deleting or saving a message in my outbox does not seem to have any effect although the options work fine on the inbox.

Ah, that's legacy bugs right here.
They'll be taken care off later, when this stupid hectic situation with server migration settles down.

Infinity

Everything looks good, smells good, but like hell I'm not tasting it.

Is it me or do the images load at a better quality than what they have before? It seemed on the old FA it suffered from JPEGness despite the source image being .PNG.

*shrugs* no complaints.

Edit: Oh I found something.

When you click on "My Journal" it goes to http://www.furaffinity.net/controls/journal/, but just adding controls/journal/ to the beta url works fine.

Meliz

gets it stuck between things
eet r workingz.

if there's someone trying to abuse the site and they're anywhere close to me (geographically) i'll bust their head wide open and offer them the tribute to the marble idol. lolz.

Mazz

THE BLEACH, IT DOES NOTHING!!!
no issues here. It's running a lot faster as well.
Lets hope it keeps it up when switched to the normal domain.
Many users from the site don't use the forums so won't see this and so the amount of use will jump when switched back.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Mazz said:
no issues here. It's running a lot faster as well.
Lets hope it keeps it up when switched to the normal domain.
Many users from the site don't use the forums so won't see this and so the amount of use will jump when switched back.
It will run even faster then that when the final component is added. And a gigabit link to the database server is not that final component, though it's the last thing require to launch FA back online.

Krennar

Smooth sailing and all that. Looks to be working great.

Busterdrag

Your standard Nerd
Works fine. No problems yet.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.