• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Affinity Forums: Video Game Awards

KingNow

This is a collaborative effort I'm hoping to pull off with the IGN forums, so bare with me.

Anyhow, what did you all think was the game of the year?

(I'll continue this thread after I get enough responses)

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Am I the only one who HATES this "game of the year" bullshit?
You and all the indie gamers out there :V

But usually, COD gets voted because IGN is the COD fanboy website.

But I'm going to go ahead and say Minecraft, version 1.0
:V

Schwimmwagen

You and all the indie gamers out there :V

But usually, COD gets voted because IGN is the COD fanboy website.

But I'm going to go ahead and say Minecraft, version 1.0
:V

It's not about being indie, its about appreciation of different games that do different things for different people, and advancement. Has everything I ever explained to you about my stance not sunk in? It's not possible to have an overall "best" game for the year, unless it's one that revolutionised fucking everything and changed the future for games, e.g. UT2004 and the availability of its extremely popular engine for modding and commercial purposes. If it were still 2004, I would have voted that for GOTY, despite the fact that the UT2004 game on its own is not my cup of tea.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I liked playing Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. It teaches me some lessons over and over again. And the value of teamwork. If I know a player is going to die very shortly in the middle of a firefight, I sometimes make it my duty to be close to him/her so I can revive them when they do. Because I am a good person. And it tops my list to induce my laughing fits when this happens: One noob misses his jump, and then the others always follow somehow. Then we all have to start over from the last checkpoint.

Kuzooma1

Understand It
Like many of us I played a lot games this year so my memory is very haze. Although, if I had to say what the game of the year is in mind I vote Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

Runner Up, in no give order, would be:
Pokemon Black & White
King Of Fighters XIII
Infamous 2
Sonic Generations
[h=1][/h]

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
Portal 2

ObsidianLaughter

HI GUYYYYYYYYYYYS
GotY with no question in my mind is Skyrim. Even with its one or two glitches, Skyrim is still one of the most solid and breathtaking titles released by any company this past year, though I will say Skyward Sword is a very close second.

Other close nominees were Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together, and Pokemon Black/White.

johnpm995

Probably Black/White for being the best Pokemon game in a LONG time and, IMO, giving the games actual depth, but I might change to Skyrim when I get around to playing that more.

Dead Island. First day glitchiness was up for by awesome gameplay, and a storyline I could care about.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Deus Ex Human Revolution, for being the only high-quality return to a single-player campaign and the only good sequel to a series

Alstor

And twice as shiny
inafter SkyrimSkyrimSkyrim

Portal 2 gets my vote. It has one of the greatest campaigns of all time.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Mega Man Legends 3

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
I'd have to say Skyrim comes in first for me, because of all the effort that went into it and the sheer amount of gameplay hours. Portal 2 comes a close second and Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Gears of War 3 and Crysis 2 are some of my other favourites for this year.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I dunno, maybe Skyrim.