• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur-finding help needed!

Webcatie07

I am planning on making a fox fursuit. I have a dreamvisioncreations mask base and I have some of this fur from everafterfabrics on etsy: https://img1.etsystatic.com/001/0/5931415/il_570xN.357716301_s11t.jpg
The fur is 1 and 1/4 inch pile length, it is very thick, and isn't very soft.
My original plan was to make a normal fox, as I am a beginner, but at this point, I just want something that would work and is plausible for me to do, as I can't seem to find the colors I need in fur that matches with what I already have. So, if there is anyone out there that knows where I can find white or black faux fur that is similar to what I have (I will give more of a description of it if needed, I just don't know what to say), or if someone has an idea for something different that would work, please say so! Thank you! :grin:

Nordo Huskamute

I need coffee
Monterey Mills makes a nice quality realistic fox fur that is thick and "flowy" but not too soft. It comes in white, black, silver and rust. The latter two are somewhat hard to find but they're around. CRS Crafts is a good source as is Fursuitsupplies.com and Imstuffedfurs.com

Webcatie07

Thank you! The pile lengths on those furs were longer than the orange fur that I have. How different will they look when side by side in a fursuit?

Hutch

Keep Smiling :)
Monterey Mills makes a nice quality realistic fox fur that is thick and "flowy" but not too soft. It comes in white, black, silver and rust.

I love montery mills, the only downside to them is you have to buy the whole roll from them directly. 15 yards. However their stuff is great, if you need a lot of it.

Nordo Huskamute

I need coffee

Webcatie07

The pile height on these white furs are so much longer than my other fur, does anyone know if this will be a problem?

Hutch

Keep Smiling :)
Last edited:

Phoenixwildfire

Resident pervy rainbow unicorn
I am planning on making a fox fursuit. I have a dreamvisioncreations mask base and I have some of this fur from everafterfabrics on etsy: https://img1.etsystatic.com/001/0/5931415/il_570xN.357716301_s11t.jpg
The fur is 1 and 1/4 inch pile length, it is very thick, and isn't very soft.
My original plan was to make a normal fox, as I am a beginner, but at this point, I just want something that would work and is plausible for me to do, as I can't seem to find the colors I need in fur that matches with what I already have. So, if there is anyone out there that knows where I can find white or black faux fur that is similar to what I have (I will give more of a description of it if needed, I just don't know what to say), or if someone has an idea for something different that would work, please say so! Thank you! :grin:

I've actually used that fur before. It's EXTREMELY thick in nap but not very long- so it makes a very sturdy, long lasting fur. It's not very good for a more 'flowy' fur, but as far as a short furred- suit goes it would be amazing, especially for shaving. I personally used it in a stuffed animal, so I know it works very well for flawless invisible seams as long as you 'pluck' the fur out from the stitches. Can't even see where it was sewn. The only downside to it is that the tips are black, so if you do shave it, the fur will have a slightly lighter look to it than the rest of the fur on the head/body. However, if that's what you're going for it would do perfectly- makes a very good realistic head, I'd think.

As far as pile height on the white fur being different, I think that'd be fine if we're talking the tummy/torso and the tail, but I would shave it a bit on the head to make it look more uniform- otherwise it'll look 'scruffy' like he's growing a beard ;D

READ THIS: The fur in the link sent is EXTREMELY COARSE and VERY thinnely napped. I've used that fur as well. It makes for good tails, but would be TERRIBLE for a head. DO NOT USE IT on a head, otherwise if you shave it you'll have big bald spots where you can see the backing through the fur.

Last edited:

Webcatie07

READ THIS: The fur in the link sent is EXTREMELY COARSE and VERY thinnely napped. I've used that fur as well. It makes for good tails, but would be TERRIBLE for a head. DO NOT USE IT on a head, otherwise if you shave it you'll have big bald spots where you can see the backing through the fur.
Have you used, or heard of white fur that you think would work better?