• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Suits? Who, what, where, why?

Deosil Fox

WoW Fanatic ^^
Alright, I apologize if this is a topic similar to one posted in the past but, I was just curious about Fur Suits. Now of course I have not been in the FA community for very long but I see a lot of Fur Suit things.

So I was just wondering, Do you have a fur suit? And if so where and or why do you use it? I am not sure people would simply look over someone walking into a store or anywhere with a huge fur suit on. Just curious.

quayza

Alright, I apologize if this is a topic similar to one posted in the past but, I was just curious about Fur Suits. Now of course I have not been in the FA community for very long but I see a lot of Fur Suit things.

So I was just wondering, Do you have a fur suit? And if so where and or why do you use it? I am not sure people would simply look over someone walking into a store or anywhere with a huge fur suit on. Just curious.

Some do walk around with those things on. I dont have one but i want to get one.

I don't have one, don't want to get one, don't see one, don't think it's cool but there are some expectations.
1.The fursuit must be cool, not so big, not so bulky, not so rough, basically perfect.
2. I loved the one Zrcalo showed me.
3. That is basically it.
4. It might be not Zrcalo if my mermory is backing at me.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I have one and I make them along with my best friend Zeke.

To answer the question of why? It's more for the fun and entertainment factor. I like to suit up because I get to make people smile and laugh. It's nice to brighten someone's day. When I go to cons I can interact with people and show off my contribution to the whole anthropmorphic animal thing. When I go volunteering in suit it's good fun and good PR...and it often helps the place out where ever it is (such as when I suit up for the Farmer's Market). When the local furry meet organizes those few fur-suit friendly meets (such as the one this past Sat which was at a bowling alley) it's so much fun to see the looks on people's faces. They tend to really get a kick out of it.

But you know, suiting is the closet you can get to making anthro animals real. It's a really neat thing to me, to figure out how to take a 2-d character and bring it to life into the real world. When I work with my friend to bring them to life, it's just as fun as wearing the costumes.

Tara

1st ever con, Dragon*Con 2k10!
I don't have one, but I do plan on purchasing a partial suit in the next year or two. (Hopefully from Beastcub Creations.) Not a big fan of the full suits, they're usually pretty bulky and shapeless, plus I'm into my fursona wearing clothes. Also some fur suits honestly look like crap, and I would never be caught dead wearing one of such poor quality. It has to be perfect, like ArrLeashen said. As to where I would wear it to, conventions/furry meet-ups, where fur suits are expected, never on an outing to Target..

Lilfurbal

Cuddly Kitty Cat
I have a suit and where it to cons and furmeets, and also events out in public such as going to restaurants, bowling, a train museum... and I fursuit because it's really fun and it makes other people happy and everyone all around can be having fun. Kids get really excited and run up to you and give hugs and pose for pictures. Run around you and play games... fursuiting is awesome and is the only way to actually experience what it could be like to see real anthropomorphic animal creatures walking about.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
I'm almost done with mine, as for me people at my church WANT to see it, so I guess I'll wear it there. A art professor at my college helped me make it as long as she gets to see it when it's done, so I'll wear it there too. I might wear it to the mall, the guys at the video game place know me so do the guys at the bookstore. I'm trying to start up a furmeet, I've found three furries so far in my town, if I find more I'll wear it at the furmeets.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
i wore mine around halloween time.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I attend artwalks and concerts in mine... also I wear it as a partial when I go to parties or play with my band at concerts.

I also wear it to school to scare people.

rcdragon

Roller Coaster Dragon
I don't have one...yet. I hope I'll be able to get one in the next couple years, but I need to get a job first and save up money. I could buy one with the money I have now, but at the moment I would rather use that money for other things, and I do not think I would be able to make one. I would much rather wait and get a good one a few years down the road than make my own below-average quality one right now.

Where would I wear it? Probably mostly at home and/or at conventions. It would take a lot of persuasion to convince me to walk around outside with one on (except during halloween) unless I actually was part of a group. Even then, I don't know if I'd do it.

Dahguns

The nonsensical drama furry.
Well a really nice fursuit is like, 1600+, which is almost as much as an FN SCAR; a rifle I would love to have... I think I'd rather buy a SCAR then a fursuit...
For $1600? Heck id buy a Bushmaster, mod it, then spend the rest on mags and ammo.