• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furaffinity Journal Alert [Telegram/E-Mail]

DatDraggy

0x6e756c6c
famonitor.com

Many artists announce their commission openings via their journals.
Because I'm too lazy to check if there is a new journal on a rather popular artists page every 5 minutes I created famonitor.com / @famonitor_bot

The service is free to use for everyone and works via E-Mail and Telegram. Feel free to test it or even use it to monitor users.

The sign up is pretty simple. On Telegram, all you do is write /help for instructions or just /add and the username. That's really it. The next time the specified user posts a journal you will receive a message from the bot on Telegram.
On the website for E-Mail notifications, you have to enter:
  1. Your name (only used for personalization in the e-mails in a future version)
  2. The name of the user you want to monitor
  3. Your e-mail (verification required)
  4. Captcha

Screenshot:
b4c82da34e.png

I'm open to feature requests.

I thought I should share this on here, maybe somebody else has been looking for something similar to this.

PS: Furaffinity, PLEASE finally make a public API! famonitor.com relies on a heavyweight workaround to get around your Cloudflare "I'm under attack"-Mode which slows everything down...

I apologize if this is not the correct section. Feel free to move the thread.
1473064220.kieran_pixelderg.png

Last edited:
This is really nice!
I've been working on a similar thing, though my program downloads a user's gallery/scraps/favs in a database and doesn't update automatically.

Could you share the code you used for your bot? I've been using the cfscrape python module to work around cloudflare's block.
You can find my program here: github.com: MatteoCampinoti94/FALocalRepo Though it won't work with faves atm cause they changed the way the pages are handled and I have to change the way the program finds the next page.

DatDraggy

0x6e756c6c
This is really nice!
I've been working on a similar thing, though my program downloads a user's gallery/scraps/favs in a database and doesn't update automatically.

Could you share the code you used for your bot? I've been using the cfscrape python module to work around cloudflare's block.
You can find my program here: github.com: MatteoCampinoti94/FALocalRepo Though it won't work with faves atm cause they changed the way the pages are handled and I have to change the way the program finds the next page.
Hey!
Interesting project.
Also, thanks for showing interest.

It's written in php like the telegram bot but you can DM me on here or telegram if you still want to take a look at the journal checker code.

I used to use some nodejs thing to get through the CF UAM but it's not in use anymore because it didn't work that well after a while so now it just stops and tries again in a few minutes if the UAM is active.
I might give this KyranRana/cloudflare-bypass a try since it seems to be under rather active development.

Hey!
Interesting project.
Also, thanks for showing interest.

It's written in php like the telegram bot but you can DM me on here or telegram if you still want to take a look at the journal checker code.

I used to use some nodejs thing to get through the CF UAM but it's not in use anymore because it didn't work that well after a while so now it just stops and tries again in a few minutes if the UAM is active.
I might give this KyranRana/cloudflare-bypass a try since it seems to be under rather active development.
Thanks! And thanks for the star on the project ^^

Ah damn, I know nothing of PHP DX

For python there is this wonderful module github.com: Anorov/cloudflare-scrape , it works every time. It uses nodejs to simulate a real browser so that cloudflare will let it through.

DatDraggy

0x6e756c6c
Thanks! And thanks for the star on the project ^^

Ah damn, I know nothing of PHP DX

For python there is this wonderful module github.com: Anorov/cloudflare-scrape , it works every time. It uses nodejs to simulate a real browser so that cloudflare will let it through.
Ahh okay. Dang. It's just a cronjob executing the checking script every 5-10 minutes so nothing special or fancy live monitoring.

Really sucks that FA doesn't have an API like any other decent site. They even announced they are or will be working on one in a post quite some time ago... Sadly can't find it anymore because you can't search for "api" on the forums :rolleyes:
But hey, they don't even force SSL on the login page of the forum and the fact that FA got pwned twice already says enough about the administrators.

Last edited:

Boured

A Caring Dusk Lycanroc
It's nice that people make stuff like this out of laziness. Good job with this.