• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furaffinity new future ! ( uploading videos )

Do you want this future ?

• Yes , because I use updated version of windows and ios !

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • no , i dont need that , i can use flash !

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
M

Mobirnuarts

Im here and I mde this account to tell Furaffinity about uploading videos , ( furaffinity is my favorite site after instagram )
seriously , new windows and mac don't support flash animations , and another users and me can't watch flash videos in furaffinity , I know furaffinity is a great web sites for furries but we dont have that much furry animations in that website because 1. some computers and platforms don't support flash any more 2. we have file limitation which means , we have lots of artists and they really like to upload their good animations but , they can not upload longer videos , and it's just gif or flash , in my opinion : furaffinity should add video uploading future , then artists can upload 10 or 5 minutes videos ... so what's your opinion , is it good or not ?! am i right ?!...
I hope furaffinity do that for all artists , other artists can join and enjoy !

MadXStitcher

Video hosting is expensive. This is why nobody's been able to compete with YouTube. 15 minutes of video at 1080p is over 1gb. As it is, FA limits the size to still images, unless you know certain work-arounds. A site that doesn't want you uploading large images probably has a very good reason, making it in their best interest not to include video.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
This is something we're looking into it, but video hosting is incredibly expensive, as videos takes up copious amounts of storage space and need a lot of external bandwidth. It's something that could be done, but it's gonna have a definitive cost associated to it that's hard to ignore.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
This is something we're looking into it, but video hosting is incredibly expensive, as videos takes up copious amounts of storage space and need a lot of external bandwidth. It's something that could be done, but it's gonna have a definitive cost associated to it that's hard to ignore.
Maybe implementing embeds from other sites (with writing out guidelines to only upload original work)? Not the perfect solution, but with Flash basically in the coffin waiting to be nailed, and lack of video-friendly features alienates a lot of anthro animators from FurAffinity, it's much better than nothing.

Last edited:

quoting_mungo

Maybe implementing embeds from other sites (with writing out guidelines to only upload original work)? Not the perfect solution, but with Flash basically in the coffin waiting to be nailed, and lack of video-friendly features alienates a lot of anthro animators from FurAffinity, it's much better than nothing.
I know Youtube embeds are a thing in journals, at least. The drawback being that, well, it's in journals, not submissions.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Personally, I'm finding it quite refreshing that there are no videos on FA. We've seen on youtube what videos get used for and I can do without all that talk-talk on FA personally.