• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Furaffinity will not be up tonight (that is, Monday)" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
^^

Never, NEVER if your work with a computer make concret announcement. Heard? NEVER!

They have theire own mind, thoughts, emotions... ok, not last, but that i've said before ^^

I bet it's not online tomorrow ^^

reallydude

As I said before, it's best to believe in the worst and hope for the best: I'm sure it'll be done this week, but it sounds mostly like Yak needs time to rest not that it's impossible to fix. Wednesday morning (like by 5AM, really really early) is my guess.

Oh, but just to go the other way: I can't believe this, Furaffinity is the new DNF!

Rayne

Get out of here, stalker!
*Scoops up a handful of bawww and noms on it*

Mmmm, delicious.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Then there's nothing that can be done. Yak will take a break, the server won't be up until tomorrow*.

*Or whenever.

johnnyblanco

How attainable? Attainable as in "Yeah, this'll be a piece of cake, no problems." or attainable as in "Oh fuck, we need to hurry this shit up."?

Edit: Then fine. Yak gets a night off.

Yak can get a night off.. but work in fricking shifts.. how HARD can that be? And if you don't have someone to take their place.. you HIRE someone.

I swear to fucking christ, folks. The reason I am pissed at this is because we were NOT given a estimate.. they set a DEADLINE and then that deadline went past.. with HOURS WITH NO WORD.

Next time, don't make empty promises and a bunch of bullshit to save your ass.. my guess? If FA is up by Sept. it'll be a damn miracle

Johnny

Last edited by a moderator:

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
Holy Crap! Yak has been busting his ass! He deserves to have some rest! Rest well Yak and thanks for your hard work! ^^ Plus LOL! Furries are whinning! XD It's sad really that we all can't find something else to do, but smash F5 a bazillion times, hoping it'll get FA up faster. Wonder how many keyboards in total have been smashed now? When FA gets back up, we need statistics...

Drakaji

I think it's amusing how so many (usually the same) people are baww'ing at this like it's some horrible travesty. Use the time to do something else. Draw something, go outside, or at least have some life beyond the FA Error page.

Ebon Lupus

Banned
Banned
I think the whiners about the whiners is a real nip under the tail. Maybe you should be happy to be alive... go outside... get away from the computer... do something physical... chase your tail. I just did... it made me feel all pink inside. Here... have a flower.

theredcatdances

Card Shark?? Nah...
At the time, we had every reason to believe the goal was attainable. It wasn't until less than 3 hours ago that it was decided the only way to meet the deadline would be for yak to work himself to death.

I understand that it takes getting very close to a promisory time to realize it's not attainable at times, but it would be nice to know what's been going on since Thursday, especially considering the last thing we all heard was 'technically FA can be online in 4 hours' and 'the final deadline of FA's comeback is Monday morning'.

Not bitching, just very much so desiring more of an update then 'we overworked our Java monkey'

Artie

Oops, my (image) post got deleted while I was in the process of editing it to make it a not-rule-breaking post.

I don't feel like retyping everything I had typed soooo

Just quit all the complaining, it doesn't help anything. The site'll be up when it's up, estimated return times or not. It's a free site. Yes we all donated, but a donation is a donation, not paying for a service. They're working on it, it's not like the site isn't coming back. There are other places to see furry art in the meantime.

Delphinidae

Competitively intelligent.
Yak can get a night off.. but work in fricking shifts.. how HARD can that be? And if you don't have someone to take their place.. you HIRE someone.

I swear to fucking christ, folks. The reason I am pissed at this is because we were NOT given a estimate.. they set a DEADLINE and then that deadline went past.. with HOURS WITH NO WORD.

Next time, don't make empty promises and a bunch of bullshit to save your ass.. my guess? If FA is up by Sept. it'll be a damn miracle

Johnny
Dude, chill the Fcuk® out. It's one thing to note something, and another to be a complete dickhead over it.

AlexInsane

Jesus Christ! I would understand if something SERIOUS was passing deadlines, but this is FA! Honestly... Pissed off over this?

Pathetic as it is, FA is all that some people have.

If you think I'm going outside in 100 degree weather, then you're not in your right mind. And I've already played all the goddamn Mario Galaxy I can take.

Toonces

Banned
Banned
Just for the record the valiant knights springing into action to defend FA's honor with BAWWW macros and sarcasm are the most entertaining part of the farce.

AlexInsane

I think the whiners about the whiners is a real nip under the tail. Maybe you should be happy to be alive... go outside... get away from the computer... do something physical... chase your tail. I just did... it made me feel all pink inside. Here... have a flower.

I want to feed you to a pack of insane, bloodthirsty animals.

Chase your tail my facking arse.

Bonzzai

Pathetic as it is, FA is all that some people have.

If you think I'm going outside in 100 degree weather, then you're not in your right mind. And I've already played all the goddamn Mario Galaxy I can take.

Hahahaha. Mario Galaxy has been something I'm doing, too.
I love the hot weather, though. I've been swimming a LOT lately. Try that :D
I've been practicing diving so I can do a gainer. :U

Rabid

Well this is disappointing.

I had several commissions going and it would have been nice to notify them that I will be gone for vacation starting on the 5th for a month with no internet access.

Oh well, life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.