• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furcadia?

P

puddinsticks

Anyone here play Furcadia?
It was one of my first experiences with the fandom before I tried out SecondLife way back in the day before I really knew what a "furry" was. Of course, I don't remember my old login information, so I'm currently making a new account. I never understood how to actually play this, but it's just a basic chat/rp-based game.

I was wondering if any of you guys play it and would like to show an awkward newbie around?
Also I still play SL, if anyone wants to add me feel free to inbox!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I poke my head in now and then, but can't commit myself to it. Too awkward to navigate, among other things.

N

Nyro46

I tried it once in 2015, but I didn't really understand what I was doing, and the servers seemed completely dead to me, so I kinda thought no one was even playing it and I gave up.

P

puddinsticks

I tried it once in 2015, but I didn't really understand what I was doing, and the servers seemed completely dead to me, so I kinda thought no one was even playing it and I gave up.

When I got online there were a few hundred people logged in when I checked with their F4 function.
SecondLife definitely is more lively...

I have it on my PC, however there are not that many people who play it these days, I guess most furries have migrated to second life. I don't like second life that much since the people there are just shameless. Furcadia is pretty relaxing but there are few people who are active now.

hara-surya

Deviated Prevert
I tried to play it "back in the day" of the early-2000s, but it just wasn't worth figuring out. It reminded me a lot of Ultima Online with some pretty impressive pixel art maps, but nothing to write home about otherwise.

I got big into Second Life back when it was The Next Big Thing, but I stopped playing it maybe 10 years ago. I log in to SL from time to time, but all of my friends have moved on so it's just not worth it. At this point all of my Furry bits are ancient prim-based designs that look terrible compared to newer ones. Either way, I mostly got into it to play "paper doll" and now I mostly do that with DazStudio.

For what it's worth, there's a VR focused graphical chat room from Linden Labs called Sansar, that's quite impressive, but last time I logged in it was deader than a coffin nail.

P

puddinsticks

I do have an account on SL, and I play it from time to time. But like @Freia the arctic fox said, most people there are uhhhh... And not just the furries, the majority of SL's userbase are uhhhh.

I'm probably going to just uninstall Furcadia and keep talking to people on here instead, even though I much prefer seeing everyone in avatar form, for whatever reason. lol
However if anyone wants my SL, feel free to inbox me!

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
I would love to make a virtual avatar of Skitz! But would probably be a job and a half Dx.

Never played either of those games. Heard dodgy things about second Life.. So got put off.

P

puddinsticks

I would love to make a virtual avatar of Skitz! But would probably be a job and a half Dx.

Never played either of those games. Heard dodgy things about second Life.. So got put off.

SL is a lot of fun if you don't take it too seriously, in my opinion.
If you go in there with the intent of customizing an avatar and exploring the user-made land, you'll find many hours of fun (as I have). :)
A lot of people literally make a second life in SecondLife. And if that's your thing, that's cool, too. I mostly use it as a glorified dress up game. lol
Should you decide to look into it, download the Firestorm Viewer instead of the default Linden Labs Viewer. It runs better overall and has a friendlier UI!