• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furdom is pricey

Folflet

This is not a hate thread or anything so don't go there. It seems the "hobby" is expensive. The fursuits, the price to get a picture just for sig, going to conventions, I mean of course is fun and all, but compare it to something like people who do puzzles, that's just what 5 bucks a puzzle that can last a few weeks. I've been furry since I was 10 but never really understood much about it until recently. I was into art because I just thought it looked cool, but now that I realize there is more than art, crap its pricey time to save. :)

On another note I just realized I must have raped the comma button, if warts were an s.t.d that button would have it (damn freeze crap hurt and didn't work).

Edit: Before you go posting saying I don't have to, I know that. It is just what I like. I have a $40 allowance, no way to get a job (I live on an airforce base and you must be 16), so don't go there either because I can't sew worth crap, can't draw either.

This is a joke! Stop taking it seriously.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Yes it is pricey, I have a fursuit(still not posting pics till finished), but I fucking love fursuiting.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
puzzles are fucking boring.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
The furry fandom is only pricey if you make it pricey.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
I love how people assume you have to buy a fursuit to be furry, people who don't wear or want a suit are fur fans too ya know.
And unless your paying to have your Character screwing every fan personality you can think of it's not too pricey.
Tho if you goto cons I am sure it is, and if you want celebrity artist's art then you have to pay it seems.
Personally wouldn't know lol, never thought a pic was worth 100.00 no matter how good you are, well maybe if it wasn't digital, and actually painted.

But then i am cheap, and poor, so i am sure people will tell you differently

Fay V

Lost to this world
Yeah. it's only pricey if you make it pricey. I didn't pay into the hobby at all until I decided fursuiting is fucking awesome

CannonFodder

Yeah. it's only pricey if you make it pricey. I didn't pay into the hobby at all until I decided fursuiting is fucking awesome
*Hi-paw* :V

I can't wait till my fursuit is completely done, it's from a comic everyone reads.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
I only pay for something that I can actualy have that will last a while. For example I got a bracelet and a key chain charm. I got both during a sale.

Folflet

I know it is only pricey if you make it pricey but I love it and well what can ya do? I would love to go to a con, I would like a fursuit for it, I would like to buy the art I like and be able to put it on my wall (not in my parents house though, just imagine walking in and seeing nude furries everywhere).

Last edited:

mitchau

From what I've seen the commission prices are actually cheap considering the labouring costs (per hour) that goes into the content, and the fact it's all tailor made. That being said, you don't even need to pay for any of that, and you can make it yourself. It's definitely not an expensive hobby for me.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
I know it is only pricey if you make it pricey but I love it and well what can ya do? I would love to go to a con, I would like a fursuit for it, I would like to buy the art I like and be able to put it on my wall (not in my parents house though, just imagine walking in and seeing nude furries everywhere).
Better start saving up for your own walls to post nude furry pictures on

Fay V

Lost to this world
*Hi-paw* :V

I can't wait till my fursuit is completely done, it's from a comic everyone reads.

xkcd?
Yeah I'm stoked for mine to be done, but I'm a totally sell out and went to scribblefox for my second one. I'm gonna be shallow and popufur gais 8D.
That...that hurt a little.

CannonFodder

xkcd?
Yeah I'm stoked for mine to be done, but I'm a totally sell out and went to scribblefox for my second one. I'm gonna be shallow and popufur gais 8D.
That...that hurt a little.
I'll tell you if you all promise not to go, "when are you going to finish it" or, "are you done yet?" or anything of the sort.
It looks a hell of a lot better than my last fursuit, it's keys the piano cat from housepets.
RickGriffin even said I could do it.

Last edited:

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
I'll tell you if you all promise not to go, "when are you going to finish it" or, "are you done yet?" or anything of the sort.
It looks a hell of a lot better than my last fursuit, it's keys the keyboard cat from housepets.

I'm gonna get alot of guff for this, Never heard of it, lol
But awesome, I'm sure many will know it, lol

Last edited:

Fay V

Lost to this world
It looks a hell of a lot better than my last fursuit, it's keys the piano cat from housepets.
I was going to say Grape at first for the lulz. That's awesome though. I frikkin love that cat. I'm sure it will look incredible. What kind of head are you making?

Last edited:

CannonFodder

I was going to say Grape at first for the lulz. That's awesome though. I frikkin love that cat. I'm sure it will look incredible. What kind of head are you making?
I'm giving keys the full works, a moveable jaw, follow you eyes, teeth. I tried to make the head as accurate as possible, but I have a big head though.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I'm giving keys the full works, a moveable jaw, follow you eyes, teeth. I tried to make the head as accurate as possible, but I have a big head though.
Yeah. I've found heads look huge on their own, but they look proportionate to the rest of the suit, so that's good. sounds awesome though. I do demand pictures when it is done.
What're the teeth made of?

CannonFodder

Yeah. I've found heads look huge on their own, but they look proportionate to the rest of the suit, so that's good. sounds awesome though. I do demand pictures when it is done.
What're the teeth made of?
I will post pics when done, I accidentally washed it wrong and it lost the color so I have to redye it, I would've already been done, but that set me back a week.

I'm using bake clay for the teeth.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I only spent a total of 2000USD in oh 3 years time...compared to most folks who spend 4000 in a year.

Note this is on Art

CannonFodder

This is so strange most forums are filled with idiotic, rude, immature little jerks but you com here and wow it's like going to a wrestling match then church. Like scary happy, it's should I say yiffy :]
Welcome to FurAffinity Forums.

Subrosa

Recycled words
Everything is expensive, any hobby, eg BMX, over a few years you'd spend hundreds just maintaining your ride (from broken parts and upgrades). It depends how involved you want to be, or if you feel like forking out the cash, I don't spend anything I can't afford or justify, I haven't commissioned anyone, I just can't afford it when other things need to be paid for.