• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries and Coffee: Do they drink more or less than the average person?

Furries and Coffee: Do they drink more or less than the average person?

• Yep, a lot more

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Somewhat more

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • About the same

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Less that average

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • They only think they are drinking coffee

Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters

Lucidic

I drink coffee whenever it's available and can go months without it. Usually only a cup when I do. I only drink it for the flavor since it doesn't really give me energy. In some cases, it can make me twice as tired or nauseous.

Also, tea is kinda disgusting imo.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
There exists those who think they drink coffee and they try to prove this by partaking in the worst guapo StarShmucks can brew. That brew the young barristas can churn out is a crime to coffee beans everywhere. As a former Military enlistee, I have comsumed the brewed beverage on military bases that made StarShmucks look pretty good. It's amazing what can be done (wrong) with a Bunn coffee brewer and Farmer Brothers coffee.

But! A Blond Roast like StarShmucks Veranda, medium fine grind (not dust), about six scoops for 12 servings (the top line on the carafe) in a Mr Coffee brewer makes a heavenly drink fit for the gods of old. Smooth, not bitter, hints of butter and florals, a clean finish. This is my life force, the nectar of the gods. At times I drink the whole carafe before the day is over. However, I think I must try this aformentioned Reformed Roasters Limited Atonement. Light roasts tend to be more palatable to everyone that's tried my coffee although StarShmucks Komodo Dragon, despite being a dark roast is very good, brewed properly.

Should I run out of beans, and it's been known to happen, I turn to an Irish Breakfast tea. One pouch in a tall coffee cup, steeped five minutes. This can do in a pinch but I must use a bit of sugar in my tea. Blasted leaf water is always bitter otherwise.

I will say this; I'm not a nice person when deprived of coffee. My family and co-workers will bring coffee if they know I'm without for whatever reason.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
Man sometimes I feel like I can't go on without coffee :y

Shadow of Bucephalus

Banned
Banned
Too much coffee?
Is that even possible!?

heh

I try to keep my intake at 12 cups/day (one full pot o' joe). Won't drink it after 6pm though. I'll literally lay in bed, twitching and itchin' to DO SOMETHING, 'cause the caffeine is still in mah system...

Coffee...

The 'Blessed Bean'...

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Too much coffee?
Is that even possible!?

heh

I try to keep my intake at 12 cups/day (one full pot o' joe). Won't drink it after 6pm though. I'll literally lay in bed, twitching and itchin' to DO SOMETHING, 'cause the caffeine is still in mah system...

Coffee...

The 'Blessed Bean'...
You can't sleep because you're not drinking Wilkins Coffee.

AvienWithFur

furrytrash#9434
I've never actually drank coffee before so....
Tea's good though. I'm addicted to that.

WarriorWhispers

.Pedigree.
I mostly drink NOS energy drinks for me caffeine needs.

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
I used to drink a lot of coffee, but I recently had a bad caffeine overdose because I didn't notice that I had bought some kind of extra strong stuff. Can't even think about coffee now. Going to stick to tea.

Shadow of Bucephalus

Banned
Banned
I used to drink a lot of coffee, but I recently had a bad caffeine overdose because I didn't notice that I had bought some kind of extra strong stuff. Can't even think about coffee now. Going to stick to tea.

When I was in the military (right outta Boot, when I still didn't know my own ass from a hole in the ground), I made the huge mistake of taking those OTC 'No Doz' tablets, to stay awake during my MOS schooling (after pulling all night Battalion Guard with no sleep, sitting at a damned desk during the heat of a N.C. summer was NOT helping me stay alert!)... I doubled the recommended dosage, and in about 1/2 an hour, it felt like my damned skin was trying to crawl off my body! I broke-out in hives and damn near puked-up my toenails.
Never touched that stuff again, nor would I touch coffee in any form for nearly 20 years, after.
I blame my late wife for getting me back in touch with the 'Blessed Bean', howevah. THAT woman could drink it all day and night, right up to the moment we'd retire to 'Sleep'. I swear she was immune to it (keeping her awake), but it was taking your own life in yer hands if she ever did NOT get her daily succor of coffee! (even quitting cigarettes wasn't that bad)...

Can't recall which ancient physician quipped, "The only difference between a poison and a medicine, is the dosage!" ? (or somethin' like that. 's close 'nuff for a chat room)

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
I guess the reason I'm not into fursuiting or wolf genitalia, and have a very non-furry sona, is because I don't drink much coffee.

And when I do, it has to be cold, very milky, and chocolately.

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
I think squirrels would drink more...............

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Lol, I drink so much coffee, you don't even know...
More than a pot a day? Hmm?

I drink the whole damned thing, every day. I would type more, but I need another cup of Wilkins Coffee. Mister Wilkins says so.

Just a lasting side effect of serving with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Izzy4895

Bad Fox
I have tried coffee before, but I honestly don't like it.

alphienya

Perpetually sleepy cat
I'm still stuck in that phase where I kinda wanna get into drinking coffee regularly but it's usually too bitter for me to bother with it much.

Cappuccinos are beautiful though. Still kinda sad all the local convenience stores did away with the only flavor I like so far.

pippi

Stinky Skunk
I don't know about furries in general, but I hate coffee. Gives me the poops. I love me some tea tho

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
I drink way too much coffee.. but I hear it has some healthy benefits to it, which is good to know - because I probably could never give up the stuff.

I

Infrarednexus

Thank God my campus has a Starbucks. The prices are also half off for all resident students
coffeeparrot.gif

El-gallo

I think the generalization is a little silly! not cuz yer a furry you get to like somthing more~ There are loads and loads of people that love coffee, like my sister on my girlfriend which are not furries, while I am one!

Matt the Terrier

Swing the Mood! =3
I have a caffine addiction. I usually have two cups of coffee in the morning, or more if I'm at a restaraunt. I love my black coffee with creamer and sugar. Many years ago, my grandfather would drink his coffee straight black, with nothing in it, which for our family is rather peculiar. I have drank straight black coffee before, but I think it tastes better with stuff in it.

For a while, I would get the bottles of Starbucks iced coffee, but I stopped buying them because gosh damn, those things are expensive! Sorry, but I'd like to save my money.

Oh yeah, does coffee flavored ice cream count? Because my favorite flavor of ice cream is a flavor that a local shop carries called "Mocha Almond Fudge". It is amazing, and it goes really good with a scoop of chocolate based ice cream on top of it.