• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries and Dating.

Duckage

Silverdragon00 said:
"Doctor will he be all right?"
"I'm sorry, his brain is far beyond repair. He will be stupid for the rest of his life"
"NOOOOOOOO!!"

this is your life in a nutshelll

im... speechless.

AriaKitty

feed me a stray cat
I don't think anyone was acting like they had the "gold key to the crapper." .__.;

And people being new to the forums should not matter. That's a really silly thing to get your undies in a bind about.

thas it i'm calling thread derailment cuz this is getting out of hand. really stop fighting so dang much geez. if your gonna fight do it somewhere else.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
RE:  Furries and Dating.

blackdragoon said:
thas it i'm calling thread derailment cuz this is getting out of hand. really stop fighting so dang much geez. if your gonna fight do it somewhere else.

no need to fret anymore D-Wolf, i'm done. he didn't win, nor have i, but i'm tired of him

Azadeth

The White Spider
I'm quite surprised and disappointed by this display. You'd think people who claim to be so forum-savvy wouldn't degenerate it into such an obnoxious and immature mishmash, and you don't need to be a forum vet to see it:

"You're a doodoo head!
"No, YOU'RE a doodoo head!"

As for the initial post, I wonder...if Stephen Hawking stopped in, would he be treated the same way because of his 1 post rating? I'm beginning to think so.

Aria's "newbie" posts were light years more eloquent than her triple digit post critics. Shame, shame, shame.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
AriaKitty said:
I don't think anyone was acting like they had the "gold key to the crapper." .__.;

And people being new to the forums should not matter. That's a really silly thing to get your undies in a bind about.

Now you know why I don't want to date furries, not that they're all bad ;) just look at this thread XD

Azadeth said:
Aria's "newbie" posts were light years more eloquent than her triple digit post critics. Shame, shame, shame.

well im no critic rest assured. i just wanna make it to the quadruple digits like silverwolfe and uncia. given my current speed with posting i'd say that this forum will be pwned by me in about 2-3 more months. why? cuz i have no social life. hence the fact that i need to start dating. but furries only please. unless ofcourse it were someone who could atleast tolerate me being furry, cuz thas cool too yah know.

Azadeth

The White Spider
Now you know why I don't want to date furries, not that they're all bad  just look at this thread XD

Immensely hypocritical, since you expect non-furries to date YOU.

Anyway, I hardly think this is different from anything you'd see on any other forums...I've been on many, and in fact I believe this one stands out as more mature and reasonable than most, which is why this thread surprised me.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
RE:  Furries and Dating.

Azadeth said:
I'm quite surprised and disappointed by this display. You'd think people who claim to be so forum-savvy wouldn't degenerate it into such an obnoxious and immature mishmash, and you don't need to be a forum vet to see it:

"You're a doodoo head!
"No, YOU'RE a doodoo head!"

As for the initial post, I wonder...if Stephen Hawking stopped in, would he be treated the same way because of his 1 post rating? I'm beginning to think so.

i will admit, i was way out of hand and got carried away. and for that i am terribly sorry to everyone :(

uncia2000

Heh... Has the thread been successfully re-railed again, then?

AriaKitty said:
I don't dig the whole "I believe in ____ I'm a victim" mindset though. Um.
Everyone is picked on/given hell for what they believe in at least ONCE in thier lives. Because that is life. Not everyone is tolerant, and you just have to take it with a grain of salt. The whole "the christians won't leave the pagans alone" thing is very old. Not *everyone* in a certain religion is going to be tolerant. But it is totally unfair to pick at christians at a whole and scream "intolerance!" I think no matter what you believe - if you think someone is being intolerant of you, take a step back and see how you may be presenting yourself and your beliefs. Because you may find that you are the one being intolerant :3
*nod nods*. Makes me wonder how some people can get as far as dating if they're automatically going to presume the worst.
(Well, excepting the usual "I'm just here 'coz of my hormones" "excuse"... ^^).

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Azadeth said:
Now you know why I don't want to date furries, not that they're all bad just look at this thread XD

Immensely hypocritical, since you expect non-furries to date YOU.

Anyway, I hardly think this is different from anything you'd see on any other forums...I've been on many, and in fact I believe this one stands out as more mature and reasonable than most, which is why this thread surprised me.

Now you're getting wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much into this, I'm a friend of Aria's and I was bringing a bit of levity to the stupidity of the thread I don't even consider myself a furry so ummm yeah, I've dated NON furries, rofl. Please read previous posts.

It seems that you wanted to jump in and be a hero, I don't see how "immensely hypocrtical" even validated itself as an argument here, there is no EXPECTATION of who is going to date me. That argument lies on a terrible logical fallicy and actually turns something meant as humor (hence the emoticons) into a post worth angsting about?

Here is the other problem, your post count really doesn't matter, but what does matter is that before you jump in and try to attack someone on the basis that you want to defend your friend, you yourself *might* want to take a step back and gauge the situation before you start falling into the same traps you accuse others of being in. It is a great pet peeve when people blindly attack another just because they see a response that involves their friend, (efriend, furrend or whatever) that they don't like because they don't understand the context of the post.

Don't be a sheep ok? I respect Aria a lot and I consider her to be a friend, but your methodology of response was no better than the people who based their decision on a post count. Sit back, read the thread and know who the players are before trying to punch someone out because you're upset over her treatment.

Mr Cullen

dani-kitty said:
Well...wow. this thread turned into all sorts of special.

Most threads on this forum DO.

As for what kind of special, it usually depends on the posters, or the original poster.

*WORLD'S SMALLEST VIOLIN*

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
dani-kitty said:
Well...wow. This thread turned into all sorts of special.

ROFL no kidding. Surprised the special olypmics image macro hasn't shown up yet XD

Teneba

Ive actually been thinking about this subject for a while now. Ive more or less been a lone wolf for a few years now (no pun intended) And just recently have started to interact in some furry communties online, I have yet to tell anyone I know in person that I am in fact a fur.

It's a delicate situation, since I'm more or less 'In the closet' as one might say. Just recently I have made very small inferences to some of my friends, whom I know in person, on AIM that I am a fur, yet I still havent built up the confidence to say it straight forward and aloud.

I would prefer to meet a girl who is a fur, and perhaps is even more open about it in person. The only problem is, if I can't forwardly admit it, how would I meet someone in the first place? :(

depends to me. I generally give marks /10 for boyfriends, and being a furry is a *big* leg up in the whole area. Thats how i do things.

artofstacy

Well, it would be nice to find a fellow fur to date, but it's not absolutly nessary to me. I'm actuly in a poly relationship where I have 2 wonderful mates. 1 is a Furry, the other is not (actuly hates me mentioneing going to cons because he says he wouldnt fit in, though I think he just likes to whine)
The first one I mentioned actuly found me while buying some of my art.
The other I met at an Amtgard event (amtgard.com)
Overall I just prefer a person to be tolerant of my weirdness (I'm pagan, bisexual, and weird in so many other ways aswell, such as I am "Girly" but fit right at home playing video games and most my friends are actuly males, I dont get along with most females, just something about me I guess, though actuly alot of my online friends are female...si I really don't know anymore.
To get to the point, As long as a person loves or likes me for me, I'd go on a date with them, wheter or not they actuly participate in what I do.