• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries and hunting

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
I only hunt for food, and because it is one less for some poor driver to get killed trying to avoid, like me!

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I have no problems with hunting. However, I am against the sport douche bags that kill only for the best trophy animal and ruin the genetic pool of deer or some other animal for the sake of their small cock.

If you are going to hunt, use all of the parts.

KarabinerCoyote

Steely-Eyed Rocket Guy
Deer are prolific here due to farming. It saddens me to see deer carcasses splattered on the payment on my way to/from the workplace. Also flattened rabbits and other small game. I hunt, so it's better that the deer winds up on my dinner plate than in some motorist's windscreen with his insurance rates soaring.

I also hunted woodchucks on local farms. They do lots of crop damage and love to mow down soybean fields. Coyotes are being hunted--not by me--as there's money to be made from the pelts.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Deer are prolific here due to farming. It saddens me to see deer carcasses splattered on the payment on my way to/from the workplace. Also flattened rabbits and other small game. I hunt, so it's better that the deer winds up on my dinner plate than in some motorist's windscreen with his insurance rates soaring.

I also hunted woodchucks on local farms. They do lots of crop damage and love to mow down soybean fields. Coyotes are being hunted--not by me--as there's money to be made from the pelts.

If there's an usual amount of Coyotes in the area, that means that they could be hunting those woodchucks too. I don't see why a person should hunt a predator like that.

Kosdu

If there's an usual amount of Coyotes in the area, that means that they could be hunting those woodchucks too. I don't see why a person should hunt a predator like that.

People think they cause alot of problems with livestock when they don't (I think), and I read they increase in population if you hunt them.

WulfeVanDerKross

I myself am not a hunter, not because I'm against it or anything, but because it just isn't my thing personally.
A significant part of my family is into hunting, though, and I respect it. Not to mention I eat wild turkey and venison here and there.

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.
Long as you get tags, aren't cruel to the animals you're hunting and have respect for it all, go for it. I happen to love venison, and I can't wait to bag my first deer.

Aggybyte

has an obvious hypno fetish
I could not bring myself to shoot any animal. Yet I eat meat ravenously. I prefer to leave the killing to others.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
There are far to many deer around here. I wouldn't mind hunting one of them. I counted 30 deer on our lawn a few months back. We have never had so many in the area until about two years ago.

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
Do you think it's contradictory for a furry to also be a hunter (excluding hunting other furries)? I realize that many, including myself, have a great respect for animals. I also know many would not harm an animal unless out of self defense. However, because of failing to control certain animal populations, such as deer, can lead to numerous problems, I am not against hunting in that regard. And you?

I don't see anything contradictory about it.

dawgz

I don't hunt personally, but have no issues with it as long as the animal is being used as others have mentioned. I do eat meat, and simply buy my stuff from the store.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
People think they cause alot of problems with livestock when they don't (I think), and I read they increase in population if you hunt them.

If they are hungry enough, a pack of them will try to kill a cow or sheep, but its rare to see them in packs.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Because they find it amusing, for the most part. It's not like they plan to use any part of the animal, save for trophy purposes.

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor

If they are hungry enough, a pack of them will try to kill a cow or sheep, but its rare to see them in packs.

Because they find it amusing, for the most part. It's not like they plan to use any part of the animal, save for trophy purposes.

The reason people hunt coyotes is that they are opportunist that do cause problems. The bounty on their pelts is because they're thought of as a pest that damages part of the local economy. Just like there's a bounty on nutria tails. Even a single coyote will go after a sheep or a lamb if it thinks it can kill it. I've heard of ranchers even losing a calf to a small pack. It doesn't take losing many lambs before the cost becomes significant.

I don't go coyote hunting myself. I prefer to just hunt the stuff I intend to eat. Usually I just bag one doe each season and eat off that for a few weeks. I couldn't care less about bagging a buck, you can't eat the antlers and the testosterone makes the meat taste a little funky.

Korpi

Perhaps 200 years ago. But man has removed all of the natural predators. So if there were no hunting the animal population would breed out of control and devastate crops in a matter of years. Only to die off from starvation almost to the point of extinction.

I have seen a fair share of car accidents becuase of deer population getting out of control. I'm not a hunter, but as for it being better for the population I can see that.

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
Um.. The farthest I'd go with the whole thing would be fishing since that's the only type of meat I consume, but I wont stop anyone from having their fun.

Alitis Lupus

I live in an area where if you kill an animal, then there bettered be a reason. That reason may be: for food, pelts, self-defense, or another similar reason. Answers that will gain hatred are: for the antlers, just because, got to fill my tags, etc. I personally don't hunt but many of my family members do. And let me tell you venison steaks are really good with a bit of maple suryp and pancakes on a cold winter morning.

Antronach

Bringin' sexy back~
Why does the OP think that animals don't eat other animals?

Well, to be on topic, I don't hunt because it's kinda pointless since the local supermarket sells meats cheaper than anything I'd have to shoot at it to stop moving.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
I don't give a shit, I would do it if I wanted to.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
Ok now got the tags.. one Doe one buck.. check
rifle...check
bullets ... check
big sharp knife... check
Hot chocolate... check
beef stew for lunch... check
blaze orange suit... check
alarm clock set to 04:30 am Check!!!!
See you guys in a week or so!!!! Season opens in the morning!