• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries and Raving

Status
Not open for further replies.

djraverfox

So of course, I'm always going on about furry rave parties and what not. It is something I do in my life outside of the fandom but given the opportunity to share my love for electronic music and the culture around it with my furry friends, I am quick to hop on the chance to produce a furry EDM show!

But this is more of a observation of mine...

How many furries actually "rave?"

I mean you just need to google "furry ravers" and you get...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2750295976_e4d7f52ebc.jpg
http://media.steampowered.com/steam...6bb3eb7c5d53790b0dbd051bb06b28f8851a_full.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Furry ravers/combinesniper/Sevnsoleicopy.jpg

What is defined as "rave music" to furs? How many furs are active in the local and even global scene? What attracts the obvious *cough* fur affinty towards EDM and Raves?

Just a curiosity.

p.s: Secondlife doesn't count.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I've never been to a rave before but I've always been tempted to go for shits and giggles to see what one is like.

untzuntzuntz

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

TreacleFox

dem murrs
They look great. ^^
I have noticed on many furry rave videos on youtube that you always get those 2 people standing perfectly still in the center of the dance floor just jumping up and down.

Piroshki

I went to one at an anime convention earlier this year. It was okay, but I find it easier to dance to songs I know, with words, rather than a techno beat.

Probably would've been better if I'd brought some glowsticks.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
They look too scary, so I always pass.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
No thanks. I'm not a dancing kind of person in the first place, and then you throw in music I don't like played by a self-proclaimed "DJ" (aka teenage furry with a laptop) - I just don't find much about it appealing. Kinda dislike the whole "culture" about it, too, to be honest.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
I don't and I think it's pointless, stupid and a waste of time. Not to mention the potential for casual sex, drugs and sweating your ass off at one.

I'd rather be at a gig where real musical instruments are played.

WingDog

I went to the one at RMFC, I felt out of place, then I had some guy in a skunk costume try to dance with me.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
"We're raving through the night.."

SnowyD

The Voice of Reason
I go to music festivals, clubs, raves, underground raves, etc.

I dig most music scenes when it comes to partying. The thing I love the most is MDMA though.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
I don't think I'd ever go to a rave, nor a furry one. For one, I don't want to get prepped up for dancing more than 15 minutes straight or even dancing in moderation. Dancing isn't really THAT fun, and if I want to dance I'll just do it alone in front of a mirror looking like an idiot. The way god intended.

On top of that, I sort of hate rave music. I like techno to an extent, but rave music, in my opinionated experiences, is stale and repetitive. Some times I question if it should be even called music. It seems like it's just noise to a beat. There's no art to it.

... Great, now I'm ranting. Either way, the answer was no.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I get the impression that furries are about as interested in Rave as most others. there's no real connection between fur and dancing. It might look bigger because at 2 am at a con it's easy to say "hey why not" when the dance is the only thing happening.

BouncyOtter

I've never been to one. I saw a couple of fursuiters going into a club in Baltimore. I was curious to know what was going on inside, but I was going with a group of friends to a movie.

Fay V

Lost to this world
Not everything is trolling. You need to stop calling everything trolling and treating everything like an attack. It was a joke. Things are uncomfortable if there's a lot of dry humping. It wasn't attacking anyone in particular, it wasn't really even talking about any specific group.

You on the other hand are trolling and being insulting by directly referencing him for no reason.

jansrnovic

Banned
Banned
Not everything is trolling. You need to stop calling everything trolling and treating everything like an attack. It was a joke. Things are uncomfortable if there's a lot of dry humping. It wasn't attacking anyone in particular, it wasn't really even talking about any specific group.

You on the other hand are trolling and being insulting by directly referencing him for no reason.
i understand but it does not mean that i am trolling and being insulting...

Status
Not open for further replies.