• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries and Raving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonin Scalia

Another Great Post
Here's what happens at an actual rave: you get drunk beforehand so your ears don't hurt from the huge speakers, you are nearly dehydrated by the end of the night, and the morning after you are depressed because you took ecstasy. It's sweaty and disgusting. So there.

jansrnovic

Banned
Banned
You were insulting. You insulted Mike for no reason. Being insulting for absolutely no reason is trolling.
yea i know i insulted mike cause i got really angry at him for replying with a stupid comment that would cause drama

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
yea i know i insulted mike cause i got really angry at him for replying with a stupid comment that would cause drama
You could have taken it to PMs with me, I would have resolved any grievances in a mature way.

No reason to create unnecessary drama in the thread.

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
Electronic is my favorite genre, but Techno is probably the least favorable of all it's sub-genres for me. And if it's actually Techno being played (not someone confusing Techno for Trance like they always seem to do) then I can't see much fun in it...

Not to mention I watched some furry rave videos and all these guys just seem to fist-pump awkwardly, haha! Furries fist-pumping really made me laugh. :)

S

Sar

How many furries actually "rave?"
many furries rave. Just not always in fursuits.

What is defined as "rave music" to furs?
The same definition as "rave music" to everyone else. 0_o

How many furs are active in the local and even global scene?
<See first question's answer>
What attracts the obvious *cough* fur affinty towards EDM and Raves?
They like EDM and Raves.

OP, I think you are overthinking the straightforward.

djraverfox

The thing I love the most is MDMA though.

I loled.

Specially when half the people are dry humping each other.

I hear this from a lot of non-ravers.

Whereas this happens predominantley at commercial club events where there is less emphasis on music and the objective of an individual at a club is more-or-less to get drunk/laid/party with friends after work. In my experience, this pretty much never happens at EDM events or raves.

I've never been to one. I saw a couple of fursuiters going into a club in Baltimore. I was curious to know what was going on inside, but I was going with a group of friends to a movie.

XD Did it look like this?

[video=youtube;dP-XProsVyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-XProsVyw[/video]
@2:05 - Thats some DJ called Raverfox...he sucks. Dont listen to him. Hardstyle will never be good as dubstep.

Here's what happens at an actual rave: you get drunk beforehand so your ears don't hurt from the huge speakers, you are nearly dehydrated by the end of the night, and the morning after you are depressed because you took ecstasy. It's sweaty and disgusting. So there.

I'm into the whole "to each his own" thing. I just think these folks would seriously disagree. - (Infected Mushroom Live)

The same definition as "rave music" to everyone else. 0_o

What I meant by posing this questions is that any little "Furry Rave" slideshow you find on Youtube is usually backed by, what the poster calls, rave music. If by "rave music" the poster means EDM, thats a very encompassing category and I'm wondering where they're conceptions of rave are coming from. I'm picking at the issue that perhaps furries have a misconception of what an actual rave is because they torrent "rave music" and they get one of VA's collections of commerical trance mixed with UK Hardcore. If you've ever bounced around SL, you are gaurenteed to find some multicolored greifing avy in which everything is glowing and there are spinning lights everywhere and they are bouncing to these clubby tunes.

Have they been to a rave outside of SL though? Or even outside of a post convention dance party?

The dominating genres of the current rave scene (at least in the US) are drum and bass, electro/house, and dubstep, and there is a different culture associated with those more mainstream genres than some of the more European "Hard Music" (which encompasses Hardstyle, Hardcore, Jump Up, UK Hardcore, etc, etc)

Where I have my foot in both worlds, (furry and EDM/Rave) I often see the two mix with each other and I became curious as to see what other folks' in the fandom thought about the whole subject.

GH057

I've never been to one. I saw a couple of fursuiters going into a club in Baltimore. I was curious to know what was going on inside, but I was going with a group of friends to a movie.

PAWZ on Pratt ;D

GH057

In my opinion, Raverfox. Like all people, there are those in the furry culture who are more outgoing and looking to have a good time where they can, while still reppin the tailz and what not. The idea of a furry rave (or EDM party) is essentially just as fun as a concert they could go to as well. Everyone does their own thing, and I believe it's relatively towards the person (or furry) and their personality in which they'd like to do.

We still bring in the furs who wanna party, and grab the interests of those who are at least curious about it. It's all personal preference. ;3

.......AND then there are posers.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
The dance at cons do not count as raves really.
There are very few furries in the fandom who have been to raves. Real raves.

meowtacles

I've always wanted to go to a rave. Never even thought about a furry rave though. I'm too shy around people, so I doubt i'd have fun. The only time someone was going to take me to a rave, was when my friend was going in the middle of the night. We'd have no way home, and she was going to be drunk, maybe all drugged up, and i hate babysitting her when she's like that. And I didn't feel like walking home in the middle of the night/morning and probably getting killed or worse.

Ricky

So of course, I'm always going on about furry rave parties and what not. It is something I do in my life outside of the fandom but given the opportunity to share my love for electronic music and the culture around it with my furry friends, I am quick to hop on the chance to produce a furry EDM show!

But this is more of a observation of mine...

How many furries actually "rave?"

I mean you just need to google "furry ravers" and you get...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2750295976_e4d7f52ebc.jpg
http://media.steampowered.com/steam...6bb3eb7c5d53790b0dbd051bb06b28f8851a_full.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Furry ravers/combinesniper/Sevnsoleicopy.jpg

What is defined as "rave music" to furs? How many furs are active in the local and even global scene? What attracts the obvious *cough* fur affinty towards EDM and Raves?

Just a curiosity.

p.s: Secondlife doesn't count.

Rave parties are precisely the opposite of anything you've ever done.

Rave is a genre that's been gone since at least 1989 and like Pearl Jam said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeDiNfb2KAY

Octa

With raves, one of the things your trying to accomplish is to "get lost" in the music and rhythm. Doing this causes a sort of transcendent feeling, such as you would get from meditation. I feel like when in a rave you can use this effect to really get into your character. This, i'd imagine, would be highly amplified with the use of a fursuit.

Belluavir

Fag Enabler, Breeder Disabler

I don't mind being sweaty and disgusting, but I'm scared away from things like this because I can't stand being around intoxicated people.

I also don't have the emotional fortitude/master skills to dance in public, but that's another issue altogether.

In response to OP: I don't think furries are, on the whole, any more confused about music than anyone else.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
Closest thing I've been to a rave was the Otakon '09 rave, which probably doesn't count. It was equal parts fun and lame.

I guess I'd consider going to a rave if I just happened to stumble upon one, but it's not really something I'd seek out.

anero

houndini logic
people still rave in 2011?
I thought that was a dead scene like goth, steampunk and ska.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
You were insulting. You insulted Mike for no reason. Being insulting for absolutely no reason is trolling.

Not really, it's just being immature and stupid. Trolling is insulting just because you love to see the reaction.

djraverfox

people still rave in 2011?
I thought that was a dead scene like goth, steampunk and ska.

Rave parties are precisely the opposite of anything you've ever done.

Rave is a genre that's been gone since at least 1989 and like Pearl Jam said:

1988 - World of Dance - UK
2011 - Baltimore's Own Starscape (happened a couple months ago)
2011 - Big Dub Candy Mountain - PA (happened 2 days ago) - Note the 3,000+ Attendants

Obviously, the music has changed since the days of Chicago Acid house, but there is a lot of speculation about what a rave is and isn't.

Some people define a rave as a dark club with Electronic Music and Lazers. Some people define a rave as an illegal party that is paid for with drug money in an abandoned warehouse. Some people define a rave as any occasion where people come together from near and far to show Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect to their fellow man.

Some people think the only music that is considered rave music is Acid House. Some people think the only music that is considered rave music is DnB. Some people think Hardstyle. Some think breakcore.

There is no solid, textbook definition of what a rave is/isn't and nor will there ever be.

Rave is a state of being and your at a rave when you are raving. Its all in your head. :)

Its the mental state that we, as ravers, reach to achieve at every party.

Status
Not open for further replies.