• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries dating furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox_720B

Has left FAF, at least for now

Zabrina

Awoken
When I first joined, all I saw was hate, and it was all I received. But it's gotten better since. We 2013 newbies shall slowly start a revolution.

--Kyba--

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, it's just something else you will share in common with that other person. It's not like being a furry defines your life or something like that, it's an interest, and your relationship (hopefully) isn't going to be "furryfurryfurryfurryfurryfurryfurry".

Being in a relationship with someone who is also a furry would just be another plus in my book.

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
This us my fault T_T.
What have I done?!?!

Yeah don't blame me veteran furfags.. I only joined to steal your music debates and secrets... ;)

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
A note on this shift actually, probably off topic:

Is changing the forum's atmosphere like this really all that good? Just think about it. These forums have a vast history of being sarcastic, snarky and very straight to the point and a culture of not holding back when those points are said. It has, in my opinion, actually helped us not turn into your typical furry forum where there's basically no discussion because no-one challenges points or speaks their mind because everyone "loves" each other.

What I think some people don't get that it is okay to not be comfortable about something and it's okay to speak your mind without having to cover it up in cotton wool just to not get the other person up in a big huff. This happens all day every day in the real world. People will speak their mind, and people may get upset. It's a fact of life.

Zabrina

Awoken

Is changing the forum's atmosphere like this really all that good? Just think about it. These forums have a vast history of being sarcastic, snarky and very straight to the point and a culture of not holding back when those points are said. It has, in my opinion, actually helped us not turn into your typical furry forum where there's basically no discussion because no-one challenges points or speaks their mind because everyone "loves" each other.

What I think some people don't get that it is okay to not be comfortable about something and it's okay to speak your mind without having to cover it up in cotton wool just to not get the other person up in a big huff. This happens all day every day in the real world. People will speak their mind, and people may get upset. It's a fact of life.

I love snarky and sarcastic posts, I truly do. But when it comes to a point in an occasional post, (usually rants and raves,) where people are truly fighting and saying hateful, nasty things, that's when it all goes bad. People get banned and mods have no choice but to close the thread.

Sarcasm here will live on forever, but should we truly be known as a hateful forum?

Seekrit

It would be a terrible place, I don't want that. I want a forum filled with real people who talk like real people. Real people hate as much as they love.

If FAF does go down the hugbox route a lot of people will goneforever.

Schwimmwagen

I think that it's important that FAF allows a bit of circlejerky hugboxy behaviour because even in FAF's more outwardly hateful days, it's still how people here made friends and enjoyed ourselves the most.

I still however think that the school-of-hard-knocks thing should stay in place. I really don't want yiffyiffmurrypurrybummingeachother becoming the norm. That'd be bloody awful.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
It would be a terrible place, I don't want that. I want a forum filled with real people who talk like real people. Real people hate as much as they love.

If FAF does go down the hugbox route a lot of people will goneforever.
This is exactly what I'm trying to get at. Everything would feel just so.... Fake. And pretending to tolerate and "love" people is worse that speaking your mind IMO. You wouldn't be able to know everyone and their personalities, because it's all hidden under layers of cotton wool hugboxing.

Last edited:

Zabrina

Awoken
Well, of course not. A huge hugbox is torture, espcecially with all of the "<3" and " ;DD".

Yet I know of a few members, (not going to point fingers,) that should at least try to be more polite. And, at best, clean up their shitposts a bit.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again

I mostly agree with this but I feel that some people take things too far and end up being total jerks, especially to newbies. So I personally don't mind if the snark gets turned down a notch but I am so glad that this place tends to stay away from typical furry forum bullshit.

Zabrina

Awoken
I mostly agree with this but I feel that some people take things too far and end up being total jerks, especially to newbies. So I personally don't mind if the snark gets turned down a notch but I am so glad that this place tends to stay away from typical furry forum bullshit.

The "family friendly," forum Furtopia is a complete hugbox. No cursing or sexual jokes allowed, either! Where's the humor? >:V

Although, it is nice to see that some of the younger furries will have a place to roam.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Yeah, I'm all for getting rid of the deliberate trolling attempts. They're no good.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I'd like to know why you feel the concept of live and let live..or the similar concepts of "to each their own" or "agreeing to disagree" are unacceptable to you. You see, my being fired up has everything to do with the fact that there is a sizable component of this forum, and in the community itself, that is so afraid of outside judgement that it imposes inflated judgements on its own members over what are, typically, very innocuous things. Fortunately, this forum has improved as of late, thanks to the influx of some pretty cool new members that didn't run off at the first sign of trouble, but actually stood up for their viewpoints.
well to me, its an issue of words, and the fact that nobody lives up to what they say. everyone says live and let live, or whatever the hell, but then they follow with a list of conditions. which just turns it into DONT LIKE/DO WHAT I DONT LIKE. its much more useful to my mind to simply state what you dislike up front and with respect, rather than be a platitude machine.

But it remains a problem on the whole that this community, especially FAF, has a problem with recognizing the difference between a problem that needs addressing and correcting versus innocent fun or differences of view. There is so much fear of being seen as freaks that people project those onto those different from themselves and tear them apart...believing that "they" are part of the problem. Frankly I'm tired of such pettiness. I know other people are becoming tired of it too. So if you dont like something...don't do it. If its affecting you negatively...then say something....but don't deny and judge other people's right to their own form of self expression if it harms no one. And stop bloody worrying about being "normal". Normal is what we're expected to be in situations that require us to not ruffle feathers...like your 9-5 job for example. But once we have that small slice of free time that is ours to live our actual life with....we are all free to spend it in a way that makes us personally happiest....within reason of course.
well ive never worried about being normal, but that would take some knowledge of my character to assess such a thing, so your misstep can be forgiven. my freak flag is high and proud, and if you dont like it, fuck you. and i dont think there is fear involved in this either, as fear implies shame, you are making this far larger than it actually is. and there you go with the harming no one bit again. something doesnt have to do harm to be questioned, even in an amicable manner. things require explanation, at least to me. thankfully i received an intelligent one that made sense, and wasnt an emotionally charged mess.

Look man...you get knocked down enough times in life and have to crawl your way out of serious fucking messes.....you can either choose to be bitter about everything or you can choose to make the best of the happy moments you had to work so hard to even have in the first place. The ease with which we cast judgement here on people who are just looking for a community of similar minded people to explore something that brings them joy bothers me and I will stand against this cynical toxic attitude for as long as I am a member here. I'm tired of seeing newfurs hurt by this petty bullshit.

So no, Azure, it isn't just you, but the whole judgmental attitude here that I'm speaking of.
what does this have to do with being bitter? do you think I am bitter? also, you commit a gross trivialization of many people suffering with your simple attitude towards such. what you've said basically equals to GET OVER IT, only in a polite way, which really makes no difference when you dissect its meaning. and communities have rules, and tendencies, and internet communities even more so, because everything is recorded and saved for future posterity. i think you are rather quick to use the word toxic, but that is a matter of opinion, as well as the whole idea of petty bullshit, since when is questioning a persons movtives about their use of words petty. one last thing, dont use furs as an ender of words. if the fandom is just supposed to be a hobby, we can all be human beings here.

Last edited:

Falaffel

Guys. What the fuck. 1. No one is changing this forum. 2. Get over the furry dating furries thing. Its done. You can have your own opinions on the fandom but don't assume we're all that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.