• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries IRL - People you wouldn't have ever thought they were into that

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
hahaha... I once came to school in a fursuit.

actually... I did that many times.

I once got into a faux fight with the school mascot.

good times.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Hmm... It'd be interesting if that actually caught on...

The straight forward approach, I like it and at the same time wouldn't take part in it. Of course there are the little things that are relatively common like, I've always seen the phipaw on someones car as a dead giveaway.

$3 and I'll make one. $3 and I'll make one that says anything you want it to say.

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
$3 and I'll make one. $3 and I'll make one that says anything you want it to say.

My parent would kill (not really) me if I wore that button. Already got in trouble for being on this forum. But I still do it under their noes!

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
They yelled at you for going to FAF? Kind of odd

Do they not have like, better things to worry about

I wasn't really yelling is the "we're worried about you" type of thing. And apparently not.

Naa

Mikomi
I've never really known anyone to have the "coming out" experience, much less admit to me that they were furry. Or exhibit any real furry-ness. I've drawn cartoon animals since I was little and played with my stuffed animals like they were dolls, so the furry fandom was just sort of the next step. My boyfriend doesn't mind be being furry at all, and defends me valiantly when his brother teases me for being a freak (his brother isn't wrong...).

Well, scratch that. I did have a wonderful friend who came out to me as a transexual AND told me about her fursona at the same time. That was pretty neat.

EDIT: Aaaaaand there were a bunch of kids in my highschool who liked my animal drawings so much that they wanted me to draw them a character. But I don't' think that really makes them furries. Just folks who liked the characters. I had a habit of assigning everyone I knew an animal; something that sort of represented them (think of the Native American totems). People usually had fun figuring out what they were.

Last edited:

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
EDIT: Aaaaaand there were a bunch of kids in my highschool who liked my animal drawings so much that they wanted me to draw them a character. But I don't' think that really makes them furries. Just folks who liked the characters. I had a habit of assigning everyone I knew an animal; something that sort of represented them (think of the Native American totems). People usually had fun figuring out what they were.

Fffff, I have that habit really bad too. XD
It annoys some of my non-furry friends a bit. Especially this one who I say is a fox but he hates foxes. :3

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
Depends on the age and if they understand not send pics to the creepy guy asking for them.

Yes that would be correct. I'd be worried about anyone if they did that. I would hope some people would have common sense

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
i wouldn't have ever thought i became a furry. it all happened so fast that i didn't see it coming or too gradually not to spot it

Tango

*drinking your brain juices*
That's still creepy.

That's like if I just went to a school playground and stated playing with all the kids there.

I call that Saturday afternoon.

Nineteen-TwentySeven

Four Eyes; Zero Soul
In my pre-furry days, my friend just out and said "Are you going to hate me if I tell you something?" "No?" "I'm a furry *fake sob*" "Okay *in one ear, out the other*"
Now I'm berating him trying to find out what species he is. Reply dammit!

Trance

Likes blueberries?
Eh, one of the furries I know is sort of a redneck chick. Funny because, if you see her in normal clothes and talk to her, she seems like just another girl. She's skinny, blonde, kind of pretty...
If you see her in jeans, boots, and a camo jacket, she looks like a hick and unlikely to be anything resembling a furry. :U

JDFox

Is on fire
All the furries I know or have met, its so obvious they are furs its not even funny. Stickers on their cars, on their stuff, they always seem to have SOMETHING about them that screams "Hey look at me! I'm a furry!" Me however...I'm the odd duck out...You look at me, ask me what I do for a living. Talk to me for an HOUR! If you don't outright ask me "Hey are you a furry?" I wont tell you, and you wont even let the thought cross your mind.

NewTruckEditforforums.jpg

Tell me, does that guy look like a furry to you?

Kihari

All the furries I know or have met, its so obvious they are furs its not even funny. Stickers on their cars, on their stuff, they always seem to have SOMETHING about them that screams "Hey look at me! I'm a furry!"

That's because being a furry among non-furries makes them a SPESHUL SNOWFLAEK!

Me however...I'm the odd duck out...You look at me, ask me what I do for a living. Talk to me for an HOUR! If you don't outright ask me "Hey are you a furry?" I wont tell you, and you wont even let the thought cross your mind.
I'm the same way, but then, It's not like I suit or go to cons or anything, so the extent of my involvement is pretty much online communities like FA here. Most people I know aren't fail-nerdy enough to go around announcing to everyone what websites they're involved in, so that discreetness is already built-in I guess.

JDFox

Is on fire
That's because being a furry among non-furries makes them a SPESHUL SNOWFLAEK!

I'm the same way, but then, It's not like I suit or go to cons or anything, so the extent of my involvement is pretty much online communities like FA here. Most people I know aren't fail-nerdy enough to go around announcing to everyone what websites they're involved in, so that discreetness is already built-in I guess.

But I'm a bit different, I'm in the process of getting a suit. I go to meets and to cons and hang out with my retarded furry friends. I just don't look like I should be there when I drive up in my nice new F150 wearing my carhart jeans, with my button up dickies work shirt and Fire Department pager and sweatshirt.....I kinda like it this way though, keeps people who I dun want knowing from figuring it out.

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
If you met me you would think I was a furry either. Hmm... Kid reading a novel drinking coffee in a book store... TOTALLY A FURRY! But at least it'd be easier to notice it if somebody was clearly flaunting being a furry. Haven't met another furry yet. :/

Kihari

But I'm a bit different, I'm in the process of getting a suit. I go to meets and to cons and hang out with my retarded furry friends. I just don't look like I should be there when I drive up in my nice new F150 wearing my carhart jeans, with my button up dickies work shirt and Fire Department pager and sweatshirt.....I kinda like it this way though, keeps people who I dun want knowing from figuring it out.

Well sure, but it's not like you're dredging it up at every conversation.

Inside the furry world looking out (at these supposed non-furries), I'm not really sure there's a particular look that I would ever associate with suggesting that someone was in the fandom.

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!

Trance

Likes blueberries?
If you met me you would think I was a furry either. Hmm... Kid reading a novel drinking coffee in a book store... TOTALLY A FURRY! But at least it'd be easier to notice it if somebody was clearly flaunting being a furry. Haven't met another furry yet. :/

Just meeting most furries won't make you think they're furries.

You make it sound like we don't do things non-furries do. You're not special because you drink coffee and read in bookstores. You're just another furry.