• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furries Online vs. Offline

Your online vs offline personality is...

• Total voters

Fuzzy Alien

I can't speak for the rest of the forum, but personally, my personality is pretty different on vs. off. I whore it up a bit online, and my offline couldn't be farther from that. I just do it for the lulz. :D I'm someone who avoids public situations, and I am not a flirt at all in person. I'm rather timid, and don't speak much. I am, however, an open person, I just direct it more inward.

So, I was wondering how many of you are the same way. How many of you are different when you are posting here as a way to kind of create your own FAF persona, but are more reserved in your everyday life?

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Almost everybody is different online than offline.

Me, I tend to throw more insults online, and offline it's just casual joking with eachother.

Foxy_Boy

Honest Foxy
Awesome party, good tunes good brew, good buddies. I feel great man! I hate my father & I hate my life but I feel great! you guys are great...

I gonna go pick a fight.

Or

*pulls tie* hey... hey you.... You come with me... I got something to show you upstairs... in the bathroom....

Last edited:

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I am different online than off.
I'm less talkitive off and more shy in actual person.
When on a head set i'm usualy more like my self than I am compared to being online in say forums.

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
I tried being nicer/less of a cynic online than I am off, but it didn't work out for that long. I'm not a complete asshole, but I'm a bit of one.

Grey Huskey

Yiff the other pack boys
I'm very quiet IRL and I don't flirt or engage people the way I do online. I have a very close group of friends that I can act my "online self",if you will, with but even they don't know me completely. I keep to myself about things like being bi and being a furry. My online self is who I wish I was in real life

I respect you Grey Huskey... I wish I was more like you...

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I am who I am, online or off.

Error 404

Cat, I'm a kittycat
I'm pretty much the same, I'm just as much of an insane, attention seeking yet invisible to most introvert as I am online as offline.

Stargazer Bleu

I'm very quiet IRL and I don't flirt or engage people the way I do online. I have a very close group of friends that I can act my "online self",if you will, with but even they don't know me completely. I keep to myself about things like being bi and being a furry. My online self is who I wish I was in real life

I respect you Grey Huskey... I wish I was more like you...

Im close to the same.

Very few friends i can act more like i do online.
Some know im bi even fewer know im a furry(thankfully the ones that know these things dont mind it)

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
I am highly sarcastic online and offline, however I am very reserved in my sexual remarks and actions offline, while online I am not so reserved.

Grey Huskey

Yiff the other pack boys
Some know im bi even fewer know im a furry(thankfully the ones that know these things dont mind it)

see you're lucky I worry that my friends will judge me

I really don't think they would I just don't want to risk it.

Stargazer Bleu

see you're lucky I worry that my friends will judge me

I really don't think they would I just don't want to risk it.

Those friends found out without me telling them. I'm glad they didnt care.
Whats also funny of the 2 that know one is gay other is bi.

Other friends i would not want to tell at all.
Some prob wouldnt care. Like you said wont risk it. Also no need to tell anyone.

I do know a couple hates furrys tho. If they found out...

Grey Huskey

Yiff the other pack boys
Those friends found out without me telling them. I'm glad they didnt care.
Whats also funny of the 2 that know one is gay other is bi.

Other friends i would not want to tell at all.
Some prob wouldnt care. Like you said wont risk it. Also no need to tell anyone.

I do know a couple hates furrys tho. If they found out...

See there's the "no go" the only 2 friends I would ever consider telling are straight as a board that's why I think they'd judge or at the very least be very uncomfortable with

Plus I don't even think they know what a furry is...

Stargazer Bleu

See there's the "no go" the only 2 friends I would ever consider telling are straight as a board that's why I think they'd judge or at the very least be very uncomfortable with

Plus I don't even think they know what a furry is...

There a couple other friends i think that wouldnt care, who are straight as well. Like said earlier i wouldn't tell them either. Not sure if they know what a furry is or not either.
I just hope they dont come over before i get a proper storage container for my fursuit i just got. Dont know how i would explain that. They think im strange enough just haveing a plushie collection.

A friend i play with on a mmo, were on head set a lot. Also have him on facebook as a friend. I think he is a furry as well, but dont want to risk asking before i really know.

Grey Huskey

Yiff the other pack boys
There a couple other friends i think that wouldnt care, who are straight as well. Like said earlier i wouldn't tell them either. Not sure if they know what a furry is or not either.
I just hope they dont come over before i get a proper storage container for my fursuit i just got. Dont know how i would explain that. They think im strange enough just haveing a plushie collection.

A friend i play with on a mmo, were on head set a lot. Also have him on facebook as a friend. I think he is a furry as well, but dont want to risk asking before i really know.

You've been very helpful I'm glad I have friends here. :)

thanks for the shoulder to lean on *hugs*

Stargazer Bleu

What i have knowticed when actualy talking or typing is that,(for me anyway)

when online it easier to be different or more open when you dont have to see someone or actualy hear/talking them. Also easier to talk about more things.

When in person or like on phone, headset, etc. It harder to be more open and talk about some things.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
A bit more outgoing it seems

But then again, I'm still shy which is weird

I try to keep true to my real personality online and off