• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FURRIES, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!?!

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I just realized what movie this thread title is from >_>

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Professional hood nigga.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Awesome, personally I hated learning about everything to do with glaciers, my kind of thing is more like earthquakes, volcanoes and supervolcanoes. I only did it for GCSE but I love it, was considering doing it for A-Levels c:

I've loved geography since I was a kid. I'm doing a module this year on macro scale tectonic landforms, and next year on how tectonics work in detail. I can't wait, I'm such a geography geek sometimes =3 I also have to choose my dissertation topic around Christmas, which could affect what direction I eventually choose to take in Masters and then PhD. I've given up hope of doing anything rainforest related like I wanted to do when I was a kid as everything about the rainforest would cause my body to shut down. Sucks.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
I've loved geography since I was a kid. I'm doing a module this year on macro scale tectonic landforms, and next year on how tectonics work in detail. I can't wait, I'm such a geography geek sometimes =3 I also have to choose my dissertation topic around Christmas, which could affect what direction I eventually choose to take in Masters and then PhD. I've given up hope of doing anything rainforest related like I wanted to do when I was a kid as everything about the rainforest would cause my body to shut down. Sucks.

That sounds awesome :3 I'm a bit of a Geography geek too, whenever someone in the house wants to know something geographical (mainly just physical stuff) they'll come and ask me, makes me feel all special. I'm better at physical rather than Human, Human geography's so boring ._. Good luck with all your stuff! :3 Also the rainforest never interested me really, I dunno why. In my school whenever we were taught about it, it turned into more of a biology lesson rather than Geography :c

Gr8r-G8r

~Lurkity Lurk~
Currently, I am a student who has to go to a torture chamber (aka high school). Hopefully, in the future, I will be a computer artist.

Last edited:

IvenTheRed

Iven Redklaw
I am currently a dishwasher/semi-janitor(cleans the kitchen floor) at a private elementary/middle school. The pays not bad for the work, and people there are awesome. For example I messed my arms up skateboarding down a hill after work (luckily nothing broke) and couldn't work for about two weeks, but they gave me paid time off :D

But I plan to start school soon and get a degree in computer science in so that my friend I can start our video game company in years to come.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Hehe, that's a somewhat interesting question for me.

Right now I'm a high school senior with no "official" paid job, however I am a magician and often perform for birthday-parties, festivals, etc.

Also, although it's arguably my choice, I have the unpaid job of Battalion Executive Officer in JROTC which means I stand around, making sure the staff does its job... and get blamed when they screw up.

If everything goes according to plan, I'll go to college to major in biochemistry and head off to med-school for neurology afterwards.

Valence

Banned
Banned
I'm a doctoral student in physics, so my stipend comes from the absurd tuition the university charges undergraduates.

There's programs that combine a master's in physics with MBA's. The idea behind it is that it will give you the authority to say what kinds of new developments will be profitable. That's why I said F-it to getting a PhD in physics. Experimentalism is great and all, but I have to be around people that are about the money.

Besides, everyone in the business of science likes to fancy themselves an expert in their particular field of study. They're all just scientists, and they'll all just be scientists, whether you're a chemist, biologist, physicist, rectal-examinist.. underwater basket-weaving-ist.. Sure, research makes progress, but it's all just work. You can't call it anything but work, because it is work! And where's the immediate benefit? Where's all the starving kids who I saved as a direct result of my cyclic voltammograms?

like there's some kind of "higher purpose" to it all. please. yeah, the future looks like this |Y>=A|a>+B|b> and soforth, but still, you gotta want a piece of that. Where's Shockley's fortune? hmm? tell me that. And who else knows his name but physicists? You gotta want it all. The whole damn thing. So be about money, think about money and fight your way to the top until no one in your way is left standing. And sprinkle in physics knowledge when you're trying to recruit physicists to work for you or spread your ideas when necessary.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
There's programs that combine a master's in physics with MBA's. The idea behind it is that it will give you the authority to say what kinds of new developments will be profitable. That's why I said F-it to getting a PhD in physics. Experimentalism is great and all, but I have to be around people that are about the money.

Besides, everyone in the business of science likes to fancy themselves an expert in their particular field of study. They're all just scientists, and they'll all just be scientists, whether you're a chemist, biologist, physicist, rectal-examinist.. underwater basket-weaving-ist.. Sure, research makes progress, but it's all just work. You can't call it anything but work, because it is work! And where's the immediate benefit? Where's all the starving kids who I saved as a direct result of my cyclic voltammograms?

like there's some kind of "higher purpose" to it all. please. yeah, the future looks like this |Y>=A|a>+B|b> and soforth, but still, you gotta want a piece of that. Where's Shockley's fortune? hmm? tell me that. And who else knows his name but physicists? You gotta want it all. The whole damn thing. So be about money, think about money and fight your way to the top until no one in your way is left standing. And sprinkle in physics knowledge when you're trying to recruit physicists to work for you or spread your ideas when necessary.
This post is weirdly confrontational. Are you attacking Onnes for his educational choices? Perhaps he simply enjoys the work.

Onnes

Uh, physics degrees tend to fall within the top ten for mid-career earnings potential. They rank above degrees like economics and nuclear engineering. Of course some career paths can earn much more than a measly $100k, but assuming you'll beat the median earnings for your degree by some huge amount is folly. And such options are open to physicists too, who have a long history of finding silly jobs in the financial sector.

Not going to bother with the rest of your post since it appears you may be drunk, judging by your further replies.

Bir

Dream a little dream of me..
I raise puppies.

Every day.

I love it. It pays me money.

And I always get to play with puppies. ALWAYS GET TO PLAY WITH PUPPIES.

Enwon

Nihilistic Atheist
I work in the filing room of a local medical office. Every school day, for 2-3 hours after school. When I get days off from school (for example, next Friday for Veterens Day) it means I work full time.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
also by night i'm a cock slut :v

Gremlin

Who is this guy?
I'm a student going for Game Design.

It's very different. There are a lot of people at my school that dis on Game Design, because they think that all we do is come up with ideas. (which is mostly true) Which makes it difficult to get onto any kind of project due to the over-saturation.

I'm currently on 2 projects right now, One as a Sound Designer, another as a Concept Artist

ElectricJackal

Time To Wake Up
I am an electrician by trade, but with no jobs about im sorting mail.
but im getting into music, so if you see a guy with a lion character in the dubstep/dnb scene in a few months HOLLA! =3

Tissemand

Random furfag
I put things in bags then wheel them out to cars... it pays, I suppose.

Hopefully I can get a job in computer science soon. :3