• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry amino?

Yav

wig snatcher
The entirety of Amino (in my experience) is pretty garbage. Even just the way they deal with rulebreakers and troublemakers on the actual developers part.
I've been in multiple Amino communities, and one thing is the same: It's absolutely packed to the brim with people that you're generally warned about when going on a site like tumblr.
Each community I was in, while unique with it's "issues", was the same; It was packed to the brim with children and overall I was just.. too old for it (Even though I'm only 17)
Most likely your art wont get featured and you wont get any recognition unless you have a "Chibi" art style or super high quality art (which would get you recognized anywhere else anyways)

So Amino is pretty much just a place for teenagers 12 - 15. Due to this the communities are generally toxic to anyone above that age trying to just post what they want.
If you want to start out with an art website I would recommend our very own Furaffinity. There's also Inkbunny/Deviantart/Tumblr and all that, each with their fair share of issues but no website is perfect.

N

Nyro46

I used Amino for a little bit out of curiousity, but wasn't really fond of its system and felt no reason to really want to stick with using it. Plus, I hated how it forced push notifications on you, but when you DO turn push notifications on, it spams you every two seconds with "COME GO ON FURRY AMINO AND SEE THIS NEW FEATURED THING YOU PROBABLY WON'T CARE ABOUT AND IF YOU DON'T GO ON OUR APP WE'LL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!"
Also it mostly has kids and young teens on it which is the exact demographic I don't want to go anywhere near, thank you very much. They cause the most drama and can be the most harmful group of people, with bullying and immaturity and all that.
Besides, sites that you can actually use on a computer and aren't just limited to an app are vastly superior IMO.

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
Plus, I hated how it forced push notifications on you, but when you DO turn push notifications on, it spams you every two seconds with "COME GO ON FURRY AMINO AND SEE THIS NEW FEATURED THING YOU PROBABLY WON'T CARE ABOUT AND IF YOU DON'T GO ON OUR APP WE'LL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!"
THANK YOU!
The constant notifications I get from Amino drives me insane! Like I was never active on Amino after I first joined and posted a couple drawings, and if people get spammed with notifications to like my posts then why would I want to post art there when everyone is forced to look at it. It's a terrible community and the people aren't really that nice either (not only from the Furry Amino). I just hate it how if you post anything showing skin, your account gets striked and you cant even change your profile picture until it expires.
Amino sucks, just stay on FurAffinity/DeviantArt if you can.

AppleButt

I didn’t like it. Hard to navigate, and had a lot of obnoxious teens. I had a few people I enjoyed talking to on there but not many.

If you’re older than 18 I don’t recommend it.

P

Purplefuzz

Animo has the same issue i had with Furry Reddit. Immature users who are painful or too toxic to be worth dealing with.

EternalReverie

I’ve been a member of furry amino since early 2016 and I have to say amino in itself as a whole is shit it’s buggy as hell riddled with bots and spam and filled with obnoxious children and furry amino is full of art and character theft poorly handled staff and pointless drama along with grooming and toxic users the only good thing is that it’s easy to use and mobile accessable I stay on it simply for the fact that I have friends on it