• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Anime

TheGr8MC

Longetivity is my middle name

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
images

images

images

The movie Wolf Children is looking VERY furry.

Last edited:

Swift12

I'd rather say, looking very FUNNY. Look at the faces! dorky-faced wolf kid and weird emo wolf-guy whose ears migrated to the top of his head.

Anyhow, there is a new "Furries in anime" thread on Kemono.org, just letting you know - old one got full. Plenty new finds (some mine) there too: http://www.kemonono.com/kemono/res/45080.html

Hoxyis

Later this month, the new version of the Hunter x Hunter anime (same creator of Yu Yu Hakusho) will head into the Chimera Ant arc. Something that'll be chock-full of deadly, furry-looking critters.

Red_Foxtrot

There is an old anime called Eto Rangers. It's literally another Chinese zodiac inspired thing and they go to multiple worlds based on real life novels. So basically like Kingdom Hearts but with reading material. The VERY first world they visited was Peach Boy.

I didn't really go deep into watching it. But I'm interested in going back in it.

Last edited:

Mullerornis

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature is an anime movie that is very furry. In fact, some consider it to be "The ultimate furry anime" or something like that. Perhaps an exaggeration, but...
Bagi+the+Monster+of+Mighty+Nature_0016.jpg

d6fa13291613f694d1af96179a35729f_2_jpg_600x400_q90.jpg

It's a pretty good movie. Made by Osamu Tezuka, the same guy who did Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion.
You can watch it here legally, I believe:http://www.viki.com/tv/5872c-bagi-the-monster-of-mighty-nature
I don't think its had an American DVD release though.
Warning: While the show is pretty much okay to watch, as there isn't that much objectionable in it, Bagi herself is sometimes used for fanservice, if that bothers anyone.

Last edited:

Swift12

I never got the ending... or how and why the kid thought Bagi was responsible and why he hunted her down. Pity she turned back into an animal at the end.

LOL? Boss of Earth! That'd have been silly.

I tried watching Sands of Destruction, but was too boring, frankly. Any notable anthros there, as in, ones with good designs? Or female ones?

Oh, and I posted some more anime anthro screenshots here: http://www.kemonono.com/kemono/res/45080.html - from Tokyo Mew Mew, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Eto Rangers (Gen'en should get more fanart, and I aim to do that), and Scan2Go.

As the above poster said, Hunter X Hunter is just starting the Chimera arc, the Queen was in episode 76 already, and Colt will appear in the next one. The Hunterpedia has been updated with official anime designs for a few of the characters. :)

Last edited:

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I never got the ending... or how and why the kid thought Bagi was responsible and why he hunted her down. Pity she turned back into an animal at the end.

LOL? Boss of Earth! That'd have been silly.
Well,
Bagi was going feral plus she had issues with how she was created, and it was the mother's fault that she was created. The kid was also scared of Bagi due to her psychic powers. Due to all these things, I can understand why the kid thought Bagi was responsible, and he probably wanted vengeance and the chance to protect others from her.
The ending is sad indeed.

Did anyone mention Gurren Lagann as a furry anime?

Swift12

Naturally. I have a whole gallery of those bunny girls. :) Too bad they barely were in that episode, but man, love their designs.

Swift12

Here are a few screens from Hunter X Hunter - the new opening basically showcases most of the important anthros in the anime (Welfin, Rammot, Zazan, Leol, Cheetu, Colt and of course the three generals).

Swift12

Thanks, yeah, I noticed that the wiki too got updated with some design sheets. Where are they getting those, btw? Are there any for the minor characters not mentioned in the wiki? (I'd like to get one for the mosquito girl who'll be in the next episode)

Also,here is hoping they use the second design for the bat girl (who fight alongside the gorilla-owl) - she changes appearance radically between 2 manga issues, first she looks human with bat wings and insect arms/legs, but in her second appearance she has a proper anthro bat head and and a fur coat.

Last edited:

Lyoto

Lone Warrior Wolf
You know, just a question to those suggesting here...

DO YOU FAGS KNOW WHAT AN ANIME IS?!

Lol. Totally.
It annoys the hell out of me when people get them confused with cartoons.
I have a friend who is into graphic novels and it really annoys him when people call them comics, know where he is coming from.

About the only ones I have found have already been mentioned.
Wolfs Rain was ok but was quite dark and depressing.
I do love Princess Mononoke. Remember the first time I watched it and just being blown away by the epic story.
Still got it in my dvd collection of favourite movies.

Lyoto

Lone Warrior Wolf
Umm, anime are cartoon as well. It's a name of the visual medium, not the style.

There is quite a bit of a difference in terms of visual style just like the difference between a comic and graphic novel.
If you think of a cartoon, you automatically think of the likes of The Simpons, Family Guy, Futurama, Tom & Jerry etc.
Anime means something pretty different.

Mostly they are different in terms of story, characters etc. as well, but I'll agree not always.
Although technically some "anime" can be slightly cartoony in their graphic style as well I don't really consider those to be true anime.

To me there is a big difference from someone saying that they watch anime and cartoons.

Swift12

Anime is traditionally animated, so it is a cartoon IMHO. A CGI-animated movie, is a CGI-animated movie, whether it is made in Japan or Brasil or the USA.

It's simply that many people associated the word cartoon with "for kids", or some still do, but this is more rare these days when we have adult animation strictly for grown-ups. That's why many otakus were so adamant that "anime is not cartoon", to differentiate between adult and non-adult animation... but this was silly, since a lot of anime is indeed, for kids.

Anyway, back on topic - I uploaded some screens from Hunter x Hunter's latest episodes here: http://fchan.us/c/res/26460.html

I gotta draw Cheetu someday... can't believe the furry community hasn't gotten on to drawing the Chimera Ants so far. When did the manga came out?

Swift12

Oh yeah, thanks Lookabout. Nyaatorrents has them subtitled.

It's OK... Nothing special. There are some nice designs like the Cheetah guy, or Lepermint the black panthress. The toys are sadly much more stubby and super-deformed.

Hoxyis

I gotta draw Cheetu someday... can't believe the furry community hasn't gotten on to drawing the Chimera Ants so far. When did the manga came out?

It's back from 1998. Although, the Chimera Ant saga started in 2003, and ended just a couple years ago.