• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Anime

Swift12

Umm, you have a strange sense of humour, but frankly I do not get why a black screen with subtitles and some karaoke songs is supposed to prove that this Gundam show animated and written in Japan is supposedly not anime by your odd logic.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Umm, you have a strange sense of humour, but frankly I do not get why a black screen with subtitles and some karaoke songs is supposed to prove that this Gundam show animated and written in Japan is supposedly not anime by your odd logic.
Well by your logic, 90's Batman (As well as the other 90's superhero show) is also anime because sunrise animated it.

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
I'm not even sure why I bother with you at all, Impact. I should've learned how stubborn you are the first time. Fine then. Believe what you want. All kids are evil, artstyle is all that matters, and you're always right, or some stupid shit. I'm done.

Well by your logic, 90's Batman (As well as the other 90's superhero show) is also anime because sunrise animated it.

It was written by Americans, though... read his post again...

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Swift12

Facepalm...

You do not read posts, do you? I expressed how it's an anime if it is animated AND written by japanese. Really, do you just hit reply without reading?

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

MochiElZorro

You are either extremely dense, or are a troll.

Or probably both. Either way, I say "Goodbye, Sir." (Puts Impact on "ignore list")

That is a wonderful idea. Now I'll stop getting into arguments with him and derailing threads. I'll go put him on that list right now.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
There's this show called Beast Saga. Looks average, but hey anthros. I like this cat lady ...

lywIMl_kc_135837674856.jpg

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Swift12

Beast Saga? Oh, you mean Lepermint? Yeah, she even has a toy. :) Beast Saga is actually based on the old Battle Beasts toyline by Takara/hasbro. Back in 1987, some Battle Beasts appeared on the Transformers Headmasters anime.

lepermint_main02.jpg

Btw, not sure if it was mentioned, but "Welcome to the Space Show" has - apart from the main hero Pochiro, who is a rather chibi anthro dog, the extremely sexy Marie. She is like a greyhound in Fluttershy's colors... Hard to believe she and Pochiro are the same species.

c_1378053811578_Marie78.jpg

c_1377358796091_WTTSS5.jpg

c_1377359317934_WTTSS17.jpg

Raspberry

Potatoes.
I'm just gonna list all the furry themed series I've seen or at least know are good:

• Arashi No Yoru Ni (the movie, not the CGI show)
  • The Cat Returns
  • Cat Soup
  • Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
  • Kimba the White Lion
  • Massugu ni Ikou
  • Ginga Legend Weed
  • The New Adventures of Kimba The White Lion
  • Pokemon
  • Jungle Emperor Leo
  • Polar Bear's Café
  • Jungle Emperor Leo: The Brave Change the Future
  • Samurai Pizza Cats
  • Sherlock Hound
  • Sonic OVA
  • Shiba Inuko-san
  • Sonic X
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Leafie A Hen Into The Wild (it's not anime but it's close enough)
  • Chi's Sweet Home
  • Hamtaro
  • Wan Wan Serepu Soreyuke! Tetsunoshin
  • Chokotan
  • White Heart Baekgu
  • Wolf Children

Last edited:

Swift12

Just for the record, and I know some people do not agree - I do not consider characters on shows like "Kimba the white lion" anthros. They are talking animals, but they do not have a humanoid appearance. Same goes for Wolf's Rain - they are intelligent talking wolves who appear as humans to people, but they do not have any intermediate, anthro werewolf forms.

Btw, we had such lists before. It'd be more useful if you provided a screenshot of the anthros from these shows, rather then just list them.

MochiElZorro

Just for the record, and I know some people do not agree - I do not consider characters on shows like "Kimba the white lion" anthros. They are talking animals, but they do not have a humanoid appearance. Same goes for Wolf's Rain - they are intelligent talking wolves who appear as humans to people, but they do not have any intermediate, anthro werewolf forms.

Btw, we had such lists before. It'd be more useful if you provided a screenshot of the anthros from these shows, rather then just list them.

Anthro doesn't mean almost human, bro. And neither does furry. We just take it to mean that even though it doesn't. In reality, Thomas the Tank Engine is anthro. Because he is nonhuman with human characteristics.

Raspberry

Potatoes.

I was posting images but we only allow ten per post. Also, they are furries. They're not anthropomorphic but they're furry characters.

Anyway, because you requested:

The Cat Returns

thecatreturns.jpg

Cat Soup

nyakko.jpg

Polar Bear Cafe

polar_bear_cafe.jpg

Samurai Pizza Cats

PizzaCatsVitoryPose.png

Sherlock Hound

tumblr_m8o1dhpfml1rws5mko1_500.jpg

Wan Wan Serepuu Soreyuke Tetsunoshin

hqdefault.jpg

Wolf Children

Wolf-Children-Screenshot-4.jpg

Sonic X

sonic_x_3.jpg

Sonic OVA

830013_1333923751612_478_362.png

Last edited:

Swift12

Thanks Raspberry! I asked because I am an artist always looking for references, and often googling these japanese titles leads nowhere, sadly. The board allows more pics per post, btw, if you hotlink them rather than attaching them via their - indeed useless - feature.

Raspberry said:
Wan Wan Serepuu Soreyuke Tetsunoshin

Heh, I like this one's art style. And LOL, the girl on the right is actually topless - she just has long fur to cover her top. :)

Anthro doesn't mean almost human, bro. And neither does furry. We just take it to mean that even though it doesn't. In reality, Thomas the Tank Engine is anthro. Because he is nonhuman with human characteristics.

This is a furry board, so yeah, I'd assume you'd use "anthro" in the way us furries do. Y'know... Yes, I am fully aware that even Hetalia is anthro, technically, since it's anthropomorphic representations of countries.

But this being FA, "anthro" used here means Anthropomorphic Animal, which is what I described above. But that's too long to write down, and "AA" is a silly acronym, so we use "Anthro". I have been a furry since... well, I am too old to recount since when, but generally I do not have to explain this to another furry.

Last edited:

MochiElZorro

Anthropomorphic Animal
Which implies that we're not even talking about the classic humanoid furry, but instead about animals with humanoid characteristics like emotion and speech. You know, the talking ferals. This is why I don't like the slang "anthro". Never have. :/

Swift12

So, Hunter X Hunter finally got to the episode where Zazan shows her true form... And yes, I meant "her". You can hardly tell, but she is a female. This is the reptilian form she takes after ripping off her scorpion tail. Sadly, her unbreakeable skin doesn't help her much when the villain summons a miniature sun to cook her alive.

And the new episode also introduced the duo of bat-girl and owl-guy. :) Sadly, they used the more human-like design for bat-girl, in the manga she had a more anthro-looking head.

Hoxyis

Well, the animators of the next HxH episode are the ones who have, lately, followed the manga's character-designs a bit more accurately.

Regardless, she seems to look more bat-like in the preview.. =b

Swift12

I'd like it if she took a more bat-like form (with a snout) in the second part of the battle - maybe they will do that? Guess we will know next week.
Oh, and turns out (according to the Hunterpedia) her name is "Bat" while the owl guy is called "Hollow". And the big-breasted mosquito chimera ant gal is "Mosquito". Someone got the info from the anime creators.

Swift12

Here is a 'quasi'-anthro character from New Cutey Honey - Death Star. She appears in the first episode - is the monster of the day - and is like, some odd werecat/gargoyle thing with rock-wings and ribs that can expand into stabbing spears. I say, quasi-anthro, because her face is too human-like, but from some angles she does look like she has a snout.

I took a ton of screencaps which can be found here: NSFW http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Swift_Nimblefoot/library/Screenshots/Cutey Honey?sort=3&page=1

Edit: Deleted due to images NSFW.

Last edited by a moderator: