• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry artists that have seemingly vanished

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
This thread is a bit oddly specific, I must confess. I was reminded of an artist I used to follow back in the early 2000s today after stumbling across some of her art by coincidence. She went by the screename of Kahvie on DA, she later moved to paintedadelaide until suddenly disappearing around 2011.
She was a big part of what converted me to the furry side! Her art was distinct in how soulful and expressive it was, one of those art styles that just oozes personality. Perhaps it's just misplaced nostalgia, but there really hasn't been an artist like her since. It's been 8 years since she dropped off the net, I still wonder what happened to her. I feel a bit sad every time I recall her.

Anybody else have an artist they love that suddenly dropped off the net? Or am I the only one getting the disappearing artist blues?

Link if you're curious
Kahvie | DeviantArt

Last edited:

Tendo64

Siamese Weeb
Well, I personally rarely use my FA but am more or less active on DA. Perhaps they just decided to go to another site and had a different username? Or they decided to leave because they no longer had an interest in furry art? They may have also just wanted a fresh start elsewhere. I had a friend who was popular on DA but ultimately left for private reasons and started fresh on a different site.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Well, I personally rarely use my FA but am more or less active on DA. Perhaps they just decided to go to another site and had a different username? Or they decided to leave because they no longer had an interest in furry art? They may have also just wanted a fresh start elsewhere. I had a friend who was popular on DA but ultimately left for private reasons and started fresh on a different site.

It goes a bit further than that, I believe. She had a spinal condition that interfered with her ability to draw and stay active. I believe she mentioned having blackouts on occasion. Her friends and even her ex have stated that they all lost contact with her (her Facebook, her own website, even her irl methods of contact I believe). I have some fears for the worst about what happened, but I don't think I can ever be sure. Perhaps she preferred to cut everybody she used to know out of her inner circle. It's hard to say, but it's sad to consider really.

F

foussiremix

Hmm I remember an artist named minty or something, she was here some years ago and had like a free art thread and she drew an head drawing of a sona which I abandoned.

Sadly she left FA prolly :(

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
Voondabahyosh is one I can think of that disappeared. His FA is still up and last I checked he hadn't posted anything in a long time. Same with Charon2. They had links to other accounts they where using but those don't seem to be active either. I don't keep a file of this stuff so I'm sure there is more. I think he left from a mixture of burnout and some life stuff but I'm not 100% sure. With Charon2 if I remember he was ashamed of his art and I think some of his family found out about it and he left. I'm not 100% on that either. I know a good chunk of artists end up either purging their portfolios or just up and leave either from burnout, trolling or shame. It's unfortunate.

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
I wouldn't put it past HRT still throwing her for a loop, but insofar as her involvement with the fandom she's still active on FA as of at least a month ago. With that said, she's still taking commissions, albeit with a hefty backlog to work through.

WXYZ

No longer using this site
I know a good chunk of artists end up either purging their portfolios or just up and leave either from burnout, trolling or shame. It's unfortunate.
I am immediately reminded of Ruditsu. Was here around last month or so, was bullied by others due to an alleged similarity in art style with another artist, and they deleted their accounts (FA, Twitter, FAF) afterwards. Sad, but that's that, I suppose.

Last edited:

Stag_In_Padding

Banned
Banned
I love Adjot's work, but apparently he officially quit the furry pron scene to pursue a IRL career in other arts-stuffs.

Congrats to him for finding and making a career out of what he enjoys however!

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
I am immediately reminded of Ruditsu. Was here around last month or so, was bullied by others due to an alleged similarity in art style with another artist, and they deleted their accounts (FA, Twitter, FAF) afterwards. Sad, but that's that, I suppose.
Ooof thats tough. The issue with something like that is the art space in the community is vast so you will have artists with similar styles, not to mention that no one owns an art style. But I have heard of hate mobs in the fandom. And there are always a few people that get vicious against other artists and critics and white knight for their favorite artists. Even when that artist tells them not to.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I miss Atimon. I didn't much like her nsfw artwork, but some of her ideas were interesting and her style emulated Disney's TLK beautifully. I never knew her personally, but I think she was a bit unstable and some moron trolls dragged her down. I hope she's okay. I've been overly attached to fictional characters and I know how painful it can be. Hope she got over it.