• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Avatars for Xbox Live

Furry Avatar?

• Yes

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Maybe So

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Want the option (To swap off from human to Anthro)

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

Arcadium

I don't know if this has been posted, but,

Who would want there avatar on Live to be a furry character of there choice? I would love a Red fox to be mine. It aggravates me that Microsoft doesn't really give you much control on your avatar.

Am i the only one?

Lukar

Durrgon
Same. However, I don't see much being added from more shirts, pants, suits, etc. Still, it'd be neat if they gave you the option to look like an anthro animal.

I don't like the avatars, and beyond the one time I made mine, I couldn't give a fuck less on what it looked like. They need the old format back.

Rytes

Click Here
nothing cute, something badass

Zaiden

Pizza Time
Furry avatars would just add more bashing on XBL. If you're on XBL, you're there to play games with others, not to show people that your a fucking furry...and/or your sexuality.

Arcadium

Furry avatars would just add more bashing on XBL. If you're on XBL, you're there to play games with others, not to show people that your a fucking furry...and/or your sexuality.

I see your point, but avatars are such a whimsical thing. Honestly, when your in a Halo Matchmaking match or an matchmaking match, your not gonna see other peoples avatars. It's something for your friends to see, and/or to play community games.

Nothing sexual either man. Just an anthro fox, clothed and all, doing some bowling community game would look cool IMO.

While i do admit to agree this (Xbox Dashboard has always sucked though IMO), they now force you to use it, so why the fuck not?

The original wasn't as bad as this one, they had A LOT of features and options to choose from, but the current one is crap, and nauseating with all the movement :/

But why not?

The avatars have nothing to do with your gaming, and would only bring further scrutiny to you personally, they aren't even shown to people other then your friends (I think); whom I doubt are sitting there looking at how 'cool' your avatar is. They don't serve any purpose either, except the few games that are coming to let you play with them.

You could have more fun making sock puppets, or drawing faces on your fingers, at least then you can interact with them while you game!

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
As long as I can stick the tophat and monocle on it I couldn't care less about them than I already do.
It wouldn't be too bad if you could do something with them.

-Lucario-

Honestly, not that many people would even consider a person a furry from an avatar pic like this unless they slap the word "FURRY!" onto the image. Even then, many people have no idea what a furry is. Besides, an old gaming magazine (I think it was game pro if I'm not mistaken) had reviewers who had anthro characters as their pictures and they didn't receive much flak to my knowledge.

Last edited:

-Lucario-

Suppose it's what to be expected from a fandom. Personally, I wouldn't mind if it did get implemented in, but I wouldn't push for it. Either way I don't care, because I don't own a xbox360.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
also if you put anything in your profile about your sexuallity you get banned from that shitty service we call Xbox Live
Because I totally need to know if you're Straight or Gay if I'm going to play video games with you online.
Fuck. Off.
It's a Gaming service, not a bloody Dating site.

Adrianfolf

Because I totally need to know if you're Straight or Gay if I'm going to play video games with you online.
Fuck. Off.

No fucking shit I didn't fucking know that >.> I know what the fuck it is and I don't need your fucking shit. I was just making a general fucking statement if you don't like then get the fuck out

Foxstar

lol reggin
Fuck. Off.

This X100000000.

It's just gotten silly now. Why flaunt your sexually in a online game? It's as stupid as flaunting your involvement with a fetish subculture.

Sulfide

Resident Treadhead

Funny, I was playing XBL for like my 3rd time today at ma freinds, and I was shooting up 2 people, A scottish guy, and a 14yr old boy or girl, on COD2 (yes 2) in Burgandy, France, and we wera all having fun talkin and killing. I said a few times DAMNIT TREKKE! after he hosed me, and he asked me if I held a grudge against them, I said no. I said that i just say shit like that to turn heads, and is not limited to Trekkes Furries Juggalos and L.A.R.P.ers. Then that I dont hate trekkes. Shit, I am a Furry, then he brought up a freind he knew, questioned me about some spirituality that applied to his freind (A Dragon), and we got into a lengthy discussion, and the 14 yr old was like WTF? (not negatively)and we were like STFU pottsy (nickname) and we became freinds, and the conversation quit with my freind walkin in and me saying I gotta go, I'll send you my myspace contact info VIA text. I won the match tho :)

Last edited:

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
Now, y'see, this is why Miis are much more customisable... Sure, you can't actually give your character a muzzle and pointy up ears, but you can give that illusion. The XBox Avatars are pretty static in comparison. :/

A

Azbulldog

It would be neat but not really needed. As for the profiles, let people do whatever they want with them to describe themselves. If anything goes wrong that's their own problem.