• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry dating app that would actually become as popular as Tinder/Grindr?

Kope

Artist?
Banned
I feel like there’s so many furries that a dating app would have popped up one day, and be mainstream. We’ve yet to see that. So does that mean most furries are taken/don’t care?

ConorHyena

From out of the rain.
The furry demographic is tiny compared to the amount of singles that are queer/straight out there. We're like... a million people internationally at most?

FA has had 1.6 million registered users in 2016 but that is no indicator who was actually active and who isn't, etc.

Besides, there is a furry dating app that is fairly mainstream -> howlr.

Kope

Artist?
Banned
Eh I tried that one, but found it lacking/ not enough people. A million people is more than enough for a niche app anyhow

Kope

Artist?
Banned
I think it’s more of a marketing issue

P

PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT

I think it’s more of a marketing issue
Usually speaking part of the issue comes with the niche itself. It’s hard to cater to furries directly in this area.

what Actually makes furries need a special service for online dating exactly? It’s a pretty meh hobby that’s not really going to change how dating works for the most part just because of how varied the base is, it leans male and gay and more casual… but pretty much everyone is represented in some form or another.

Specialty dating sites exist where the niche is very important to people <Christian mingle because for some reason you can’t date a non Christian, farmers only because apparently only a “farmer gets you”, blackpeoplemeet because apparently melanin content is a major concern for people>
But like wise I don’t see dating sites for say star trek fans, or Star Wars fans, or columbo fans or what have you… ( please for the love of god if these exist don’t neener neener “but actchually!” Post links to such examples…)

Howlr is just Grindr and mostly for hookups best I can gather, not dating.

Pounced existed but again… mostly hookups and casual sex so far as I can tell.

Furzu and a few others hides almost all functions behind a very very steep paywall that runs most people away.

My long diatribe short is… there’s nothing really to cater to furries in the dating realm because there’s just no point for it.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Usually speaking part of the issue comes with the niche itself. It’s hard to cater to furries directly in this area.

what Actually makes furries need a special service for online dating exactly? It’s a pretty meh hobby that’s not really going to change how dating works for the most part just because of how varied the base is, it leans male and gay and more casual… but pretty much everyone is represented in some form or another.

Specialty dating sites exist where the niche is very important to people <Christian mingle because for some reason you can’t date a non Christian, farmers only because apparently only a “farmer gets you”, blackpeoplemeet because apparently melanin content is a major concern for people>
But like wise I don’t see dating sites for say star trek fans, or Star Wars fans, or columbo fans or what have you… ( please for the love of god if these exist don’t neener neener “but actchually!” Post links to such examples…)

Howlr is just Grindr and mostly for hookups best I can gather, not dating.

Pounced existed but again… mostly hookups and casual sex so far as I can tell.

Furzu and a few others hides almost all functions behind a very very steep paywall that runs most people away.

My long diatribe short is… there’s nothing really to cater to furries in the dating realm because there’s just no point for it.

Basically this. I think it'd be more effective to find an app that focuses on general fandoms and finding friendships within those fandoms for your local area (Amino maybe?) otherwise, it's basically pointless.

Kope

Artist?
Banned
The bumble bee is another interpersonal organization and dating app for furries, all things considered. Whether your fursona strolls, flies or swims, whether you're searching for shaggy companions, dates or tomfoolery, whether you're youthful or old, pudgy or slight, stripes or spots — welcome home.
How popular is that though

Kope

Artist?
Banned

Lioedevon427

Very tired animator
Stuff like that was tried in the past I believe- but turned out they were scams
Izzzyzzz had a good video on it
1652992782739.jpeg