• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry dating apps/sites?

Tsume-Balto

Bleak, brooding, introverted
funnily enough, me and a buddy of mine bought a domain recently with the idea of a furry dating site that's completely devoid of the problems the other sites/apps have, and is completely supported by donations, as opposed to subscriptions. it's been a pretty steady process, and we already have a decent following on discord/telegram. we're hoping to have the site functional and open to the public within the upcoming months.

Any updates?

Sunara Wolf

i am having that problem myself dude, Ferzu is a definite no no, they banned me within 15 minutes when i explained what i was specifically looking for in a woman and i got hit with phobic this, and phobic that, they all just want hookups it seems man,

quoting_mungo

they banned me within 15 minutes when i explained what i was specifically looking for in a woman and i got hit with phobic this, and phobic that
I can't say, obviously, what you posted on Ferzu, but based on the thread you created here, I can say that "a woman who was born as a woman" (or anything like "a 'real' woman" - not saying you specifically phrased it that way, just that it's sadly not uncommon) is going to come off a deal more transphobic than "I'm looking for a cis woman." (Even that can have its problems, depending entirely on your reasons for specifically seeking a non-trans partner. Presentation matters.)

Asher Grey

Probably Sleeping
Well....

Not that it's necessarily relevant to this anymore, I think I should conclude my role in this post.

I found the love of my life and we just got married!

We met on Grindr and he became a furry after we met(mostly so my sona can be drawn with his). He was nothing like what I thought was "my type" and I went out with him on a whim. When he needed somewhere to stay after his family kicked him out, a week after our second date, I took a chance and told him he could move in with me temporarily. My family adores him, he's the kindest, most genuine person I've met. I did two things I normally wouldn't have and as a result, I ended up with someone better for me than I thought possible. I realized the guys I'd been chasing on dating sites weren't the best for me romantically all along.

So the only advice I have from this is to take chances. Give more types of people more consideration. Don't dismiss others on minor details or habits because, as we all say, no one is perfect.

Be it sexual, romantic, or platonic, there's someone out there for everyone who needs it. Sometimes it just takes a while to find them and sometimes you have to take a risk to. I find it tends to work out well in the end.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Well....

Not that it's necessarily relevant to this anymore, I think I should conclude my role in this post.

I found the love of my life and we just got married!

We met on Grindr and he became a furry after we met(mostly so my sona can be drawn with his). He was nothing like what I thought was "my type" and I went out with him on a whim. When he needed somewhere to stay after his family kicked him out, a week after our second date, I took a chance and told him he could move in with me temporarily. My family adores him, he's the kindest, most genuine person I've met. I did two things I normally wouldn't have and as a result, I ended up with someone better for me than I thought possible. I realized the guys I'd been chasing on dating sites weren't the best for me romantically all along.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! <the cat pounces on you in a wild hug> That's so awesome for you both! I love hearing about people who are meant to be together meeting up and working out!!! <smiles radiantly> A risk that worked out in love...good on you! <squeezes tighter in joy, then realizes you haven't breathed in the past minute and quickly releases you, blushing sheepishly>

trivean

Engineering Wolf
I'm just here wondering this myself, and after reading all the comments and knowing that I can never seem to find any other furs around me I guess I'll just be alone forever.

Tsume-Balto

I can't say, obviously, what you posted on Ferzu, but based on the thread you created here, I can say that "a woman who was born as a woman" (or anything like "a 'real' woman" - not saying you specifically phrased it that way, just that it's sadly not uncommon) is going to come off a deal more transphobic than "I'm looking for a cis woman." (Even that can have its problems, depending entirely on your reasons for specifically seeking a non-trans partner. Presentation matters.)

I dont see how knowing what your type is or isnt is considered phobic. If you know what your are looking for, as limiting as that is, it's that person's right.

quoting_mungo

I dont see how knowing what your type is or isnt is considered phobic. If you know what your are looking for, as limiting as that is, it's that person's right.
And I acknowledged that. The difference is in how you present that preference. If you say you’re looking for a cis woman and phrase it in a way that suggests that you hold their womanhood as more legitimate than trans* women’s, that’s transphobic. If you do it in a way that denigrates genital reassignment surgery, that’s transphobic. If you just say “I would personally prefer to date a cis woman,” that isn’t in itself an issue. The issue lies in statements of preference that devalue the womanhood of trans* women.

You can prefer brunettes over blondes without suggesting blondes are less intelligent. If you did state that you won’t date a blonde because they’re airheads, people would have every right to call you on that, as well.

Tsume-Balto

I mean, I get it, but I also dont really see the point in calling someone out for it either. It's one of those things, to me, that it is fruitless in-fighting when the real battles are much much bigger.

Tsume-Balto

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to down play trans right and how they are perceived in the world.

Tennet_G

Cup O' Depresso
Any new updates on what sites are good for dating and long term relationships for fellow furries? I know my options currently is Ferzu and Howlr. Furrymate is just a scam.
Between Ferzu and Howlr, I am leaning on Ferzu at the moment. It isn't great or ideal and most people there seem to be there just for fun or to make friends, and not for a long term romantic commitment. Howlr.. Well, I only get like 3 results when I narrow down my search for what kind of people I want to date, and the scene there seems pretty empty, at least for me.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
Any new updates on what sites are good for dating and long term relationships for fellow furries? I know my options currently is Ferzu and Howlr. Furrymate is just a scam.
Between Ferzu and Howlr, I am leaning on Ferzu at the moment. It isn't great or ideal and most people there seem to be there just for fun or to make friends, and not for a long term romantic commitment. Howlr.. Well, I only get like 3 results when I narrow down my search for what kind of people I want to date, and the scene there seems pretty empty, at least for me.
I haven’t seen or tried Ferzu, and I have no reason to for obvious reasons of being in a relationship.
But honestly to keep it simple, I’d advice against howlr, not only does it seem so meh, and even if you weren’t picky (not to say you are but in general), you likely won’t get a long lasting relationship, let alone friendship. Most just go elsewhere after realising on telegram or discord that I’m not interested in anything sexual.

Even being generous by assuming I had like 36 likes? Before I deleted it, I still didn’t get much and the likes are just... well kind of like bookmarking but forgetting to remove it, so don’t drell too much on that.

Honestly, dating sites don’t feel like dating and seem more like a place for one offs, you’re better of just talking to people and well hoping to get a strong enough connection you two stick together and go out.

Tennet_G

Cup O' Depresso
I haven’t seen or tried Ferzu, and I have no reason to for obvious reasons of being in a relationship.
But honestly to keep it simple, I’d advice against howlr, not only does it seem so meh, and even if you weren’t picky (not to say you are but in general), you likely won’t get a long lasting relationship, let alone friendship. Most just go elsewhere after realising on telegram or discord that I’m not interested in anything sexual.

Even being generous by assuming I had like 36 likes? Before I deleted it, I still didn’t get much and the likes are just... well kind of like bookmarking but forgetting to remove it, so don’t drell too much on that.

Honestly, dating sites don’t feel like dating and seem more like a place for one offs, you’re better of just talking to people and well hoping to get a strong enough connection you two stick together and go out.
I am not too great on the whole talking to people side of things. I prefer dating sites because it makes it easy to just talk to people and let them know your intent right off the bat is not to make friends, but to find love and a partner to spend the rest of your life with. That's not to say friendship isn't important in a romantic relationship. I know it is, I just don't find any interest in making friends currently. My only intent is to find love and it's easier when there is a dedicated compartment for that sort of search.

Diseam

funnily enough, me and a buddy of mine bought a domain recently with the idea of a furry dating site that's completely devoid of the problems the other sites/apps have, and is completely supported by donations, as opposed to subscriptions. it's been a pretty steady process, and we already have a decent following on discord/telegram. we're hoping to have the site functional and open to the public within the upcoming months.
Hows it coming along now?

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
Honestly all of it depends on luck and not “skill”. It’s simply rather a waiting game to see who is going to open up and embrace for who you are. Competition and shitty people lower the chances sadly, but who said society was fair in the first place?

KippLink

Beginner Artist
Other than Howlr personally idk because other places like furrydate/furrymate are a scam and ferzu has some serious community problems. I think maybe just ordinary dating websites and identify as a furry if you are looking specifically for other furries to connect with and i think there is also a furry meet up board here on the forums.

Rayd

profound asshole
Hows it coming along now?
i keep getting asked about this in pm's so i'm just going to say this here so i hopefully don't have to explain it again anymore.

for all i know the site concept has been long abandoned since like 2 years ago because the owner and main developer of the site got exposed as a child groomer and doxxer. everyone that supported him before knowing this including i have since ditched him. i don't even remember his name anymore and have no idea if he's still working on the site. i'd like to be able to say "watch out for (x) site if it pops up" but the name we were gonna go with was super generic and i don't want to screw over any other sites that may share the same name right now or in the future out of coincidence. i was super excited about this idea especially since i was promised payment for assisting in the project, but in hindsight it was most definitely never going to work out even if the dude wasn't a weirdo and i kind of regret mentioning it here.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
A furry checkbox on a mainstream dating site might work. Or a question that's answered privately, but figures into the algorithm.

Christine Vulpes

SnowFox or NoFox
its changed a lot, but I actually had great luck with ferzu. I got engaged actually, coming up on 2 years, and almost 4 total of being with them.
But once it got out of a beta phase, the app went to poo, the user interface got terrible on the web version, notifications stopped working, and then they wanted you to pay for a lot of the functionality - 10 messages per day limit or something silly.