• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Dating/Hookup Websites - Are They All Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Autumn the Squirrel

I think it would be more important to find common interests other than being a furry. Having only one thing in common isn't going to work out well in the long run. When people answered my ads on furry sites, we never had much and common and really, we never even made it as far as being friends because our interests were just too different there was nothing that could really click between us.

Sure, but, as stated in my initial post, the furry community presents itself as being as inclusive as possible which leads to a lot of its members having facts about them that make them undesirable to most. Mental disabilities, for example, is something that two members of the furry community are more likely to have in common than if one of them were to just jump on Plenty of Fish, and two people with mental disabilities are more likely to have a successful relationship as they can have the patience to deal with something like autism due to personal experience. If you're considered undesirable to your average Joe or Jane on the street then there's something about you that is more likely to be accepted by furries.

Fuzzylumkin

The token panda
I look at it like this. For a lot of us, sure.. its a hobby, but its probably also a big part of our lifes as well, if we invest the time and money into suits and conventions, we want to find someone who can go to cons with us, or be interested in it, so sure, it's also just one facet of who you are, however... i guarantee if you go to Plenty Of Fish and put in your list of hobbies that you like to dress up like a panda or a squirrel and go to conventions... your profile is going to be a virtual dead zone. So sure, maybe dating someone based on whether or not they are a furry isnt everything, its like... i probably wouldnt get along too well with a sports fan, sure, there may be an attraction, and we may have other things in common, but on sundays when shes sitting in front of the tv screaming at the dudes to like.. kick the ball or something... I am going to be bored out of my mind lol

S

skroge

You got Badoo, and some other dating site well most of them are fake people want you to fall for their traps I chat with a 18 year old black mix Puerto Rican woman that she was kicked out from her house by her parents and she wanted me to give her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.