• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Dating Sites

A

Autumn the Squirrel

While looking at Facebook meme pages, I stumbled upon a page centered around a furry dating website. Curious, I fired up Google and saw that it was far from being the only one, and I started reading about similar shady practices that a number of them have in common (such as bot accounts which are used to push subscriptions, forcing payment to read messages, etc..)

Is there a reason for this?

quoting_mungo

One reason for it is probably that that's dating sites in general for you. :/
Not saying they're all shady, but if they have paid subscriptions obviously they'd want to push them, and the critical mass for how big they have to be for any "subscribe to see who likes you" type measures to be effective from a revenue standpoint is pretty large.

Not defending the practices, at all, but I sincerely doubt they're very different from non-furry dating websites of similar sizes.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I think I know what site you're referring to, lol, I've heard most messages from there are fake and trying to push you to buy a subscription. Don't give them money.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I'm sick of single life too, but I don't have much luck with online dating either. Maybe a free service with no bullshit would work, but such a thing doesn't exist. Am I just undateable? Freudenschade's been pretty heavy lately.

Last edited:

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I'm sick of single life too, but I don't have much luck with online dating either. Maybe a free service with no bullshit would work, but such a thing doesn't exist. Am I just undateable? Freudenschade's been pretty heavy lately.
Well, if nothing else works, I made a really romantic RPG with a beautiful garden. I'm looking to throw singles events to see if folks can maybe meet up and find each other. I'm single myself, and I'm of the belief that OkCupid is the only good dating site.

quoting_mungo

I don't think it's quite as simple as there being one dating site to rule them all; what services are best suited for your romantic/hookup/friendmaking needs will depend on what those needs are, where in the world you're located, and more factors I can't think of because the idea of trying to meet someone to date makes no sense to me. (Like, this is a me-not-getting-it thing, not a me-judging-you thing. If it works for you, great!)

Maybe a free service with no bullshit would work, but such a thing doesn't exist.
I mean, I don't think you can entirely get away from bullshit long as you're dealing with human beings (we are sadly quite prone to it as a species), but I'd say we've had some services that at least were free without major site-side bullshit, both in and out of fandom. Then SESTA/FOSTA happened.

stancedriver

Hello, I'd suggest going with a non-furry dating site. I personally find russian bride furry :) on non-furry dating site There are so many more people on legit regular sites, and a lot of them might be furries without knowing, or just not interested in furry date sites, so they won't even show up on Pounced. If I was looking into online dating, I'd probably skip the niche stuff and just find someone I connect with on a normal site. Don't limit yourself to furry sites.