• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Dialect

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
"will be your destroyer when this is born in time."

Is that what it was :p
All my life i've wanted to learn another language, since i played skyrim i thought the dragon language was the only fake language which didnt sound corny and actually sounded pretty cool.

Zu med daar tinvaak.

Fyed... fryd? Oui kud cusadrehk ykyehcd dra Al Bhed?! :V

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Who the hell has this kind of time and expects people to use that kind of catastrophe as a language? The written language for it isn't much better. Fuck that.

Tolkien synthesised elvish among other ficticious languages. It's something some people enjoy doing.

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
Tolkien synthesised elvish among other ficticious languages. It's something some people enjoy doing.
I understand that but these are furries we are talking about. I guess I expect less of furries so I'm incredulous. I also find it kinda funny that it notes "you have to say it slow" to properly speak the language.

I understand different languages have certain "manners" but not everyone follows them so it kinda sucks you'd have to "turtle" through each word. I don't always talk fast but I'd get impatient quickly if I everyone had to talk so slow.

Fallowfox

I understand that but these are furries we are talking about. I guess I expect less of furries so I'm incredulous. I also find it kinda funny that it notes "you have to say it slow" to properly speak the language.

I understand different languages have certain "manners" but not everyone follows them so it kinda sucks you'd have to "turtle" through each word. I don't always talk fast but I'd get impatient quickly if I everyone had to talk so slow.

Some of the folk I know, who aren't furries, have delcared their own bedrooms to be micronations- to the point of writing letters to the government demanding recognition.

'sall in good fun.

Distorted

Pppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaahahahahaahahahahahahahaaahahahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Hoooo, Oh God! That was funny.

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
Some of the folk I know, who aren't furries, have delcared their own bedrooms to be micronations- to the point of writing letters to the government demanding recognition.

'sall in good fun.
Micronations out of their bedrooms? *giggle snort* I don't know why someone would want a bedroom to be a nation, why not go big and try for world domination or at least annex the backyard.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Micronations out of their bedrooms? *giggle snort* I don't know why someone would want a bedroom to be a nation, why not go big and try for world domination or at least annex the backyard.
I wonder what the proper legal procedure is to get officially recognised as a country, and what the criteria are.

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine

I tried annexing my backyard once. The snakes and squirrels rebelled. One pellet gun was not enough to stop the uprising. Maybe I'll have more luck with world domination though.

Fallowfox

I wonder what the proper legal procedure is to get officially recognised as a country, and what the criteria are.

[very few get recognised]

Forvík [a small part of Shetland] either got recognised or came close. It was founded by a pensioner in Shetland who pointed out that Shetland and Orkney were loaned to Scotland from Norway on the condition they would be returned to norway in 500 years.

Over 500 years have passed so the UK wasn't able to stop him. He says it's something 'every pensioner should do'.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

Forvík [a small part of Shetland] either got recognised or came close. It was founded by a pensioner in Shetland who pointed out that Shetland and Orkney were loaned to Scotland from Norway on the condition they would be returned to norway in 500 years.

Over 500 years have passed so the UK wasn't able to stop him. He says it's something 'every pensioner should do'.
Have Norway said anything or are they just not bothered?

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*

I think there is actually a gentleman in Spain or Mexico that has his house and yard considered a nation. I think he's considered the "Poorest President in the World" which is how I found the headline a few months back.

I think there is actually a gentleman in Spain or Mexico that has his house and yard considered a nation. I think he's considered the "Poorest President in the World" which is how I found the headline a few months back.

That's probably one of the stupidest/most genius tax-evasion schemes ever thought up.

Sam 007 NL

Taste the fur
I love this forum sometimes with the amazing and hilarious comments :)

Retro

im secretly a ghost
I don't like using furry (or any other kind of) lingo. It just rubs me the wrong way.

badlands

drunken pirate
our own dialect?

are furries not shunned (for want of a better word) enough already?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Sam 007 NL

Taste the fur

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
They're fucking asking for it.

This!

Before you know it they'll be releasing CDs where Michael Dorn teaches you how to speak it and how to act like a furfag.