• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FURRY DOOM MOD IN PROGRESS

M

modfox

i am working on a doom mod that the main character is a fox
i thought this is something worth telling to you guy because WHY NOT!
here is the main project page on the zdoom forums
there is no download link because it is a wip (work in progress)
ZDoom • View topic - [WIP] A.K v1.2 spriters needed
the reason for this mod is the furry comunity is in desperate need for a fps game based on anthros

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool mod, nice sounds and neat weapons. Also kamikaze .... man I hate those guys!

Nice to see something with the intention of it being furry related, but the only anthro element so far is the player (which we can't see since it's first person..except the hands). Of course I can understand it's a WIP. Maybe further in if you have time, you can make a story that can give the mod more purpose. Like for example, in the future, humans and anthros are in conflict with each other, but humans are dominating over the anthros to the point of extinction. The humans create time travel to return to the past in the ancient times to kill them off from their beginnings. The [anthro] player follows them to the past to stop those humans before they wipe out the existence of anthros in the future.

Then modify and make sprites, enemy design, weapons, and environment buttons/interactive platforms/whatever revolving around the theme and the story (ancient times = pyramids and statues with anthro figures on them instead and etc.) That'll be a lot of sprite work and construction but that'll make a coolio mod with more "furry" stuff than just the player as an anthro and with a real purpose to it. Just an idea. Sorry I got a little carried away XDD , good job on it tho!

M

modfox

Cool mod, nice sounds and neat weapons. Also kamikaze .... man I hate those guys!

Nice to see something with the intention of it being furry related, but the only anthro element so far is the player (which we can't see since it's first person..except the hands). Of course I can understand it's a WIP. Maybe further in if you have time, you can make a story that can give the mod more purpose. Like for example, in the future, humans and anthros are in conflict with each other, but humans are dominating over the anthros to the point of extinction. The humans create time travel to return to the past in the ancient times to kill them off from their beginnings. The [anthro] player follows them to the past to stop those humans before they wipe out the existence of anthros in the future.

Then modify and make sprites, enemy design, weapons, and environment buttons/interactive platforms/whatever revolving around the theme and the story (ancient times = pyramids and statues with anthro figures on them instead and etc.) That'll be a lot of sprite work and construction but that'll make a coolio mod with more "furry" stuff than just the player as an anthro and with a real purpose to it. Just an idea. Sorry I got a little carried away XDD , good job on it tho!
its actually foxes vs eagle anthros and i do have a story for it i could tell you if you want

M

modfox

Sure, that'd be neatsauce
whell the story is basically the anthro eagles(dm) have been doing genetic experiments on humans thus resulting in the kamikazes and zombies
the anthro eagles also known as dm's have raged war against the A.K the army that the main character is in. but when the dm's release their genetic experimentations
in reykjavik in iceland things go downhill you army is called in to help the icelandic army (iaf) fight of the dm's and there genetic creatures. i am also planing on replacing some of the original doom monsters with dm soldiers for my mod however i am always up for recommendations to help me improve the mod before its release so i will take your comments into account.

i am also planing on replacing some of the original doom monsters with dm soldiers for my mod
Well, might as well take elements and inspiration from other games, modify and replace them. You can make the places look like the interior of the dm's base. It's not too hard to edit sprites/textures, only making them look right is XD. Hmm, maybe taking a look at other mods or even the many Doom clones there are out there that are related to your theme somehow (here? ---> https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/68548-full-list-of-doom-clones-similar-games/). Also looking at SNES, Sega Genesis or whatever other platform sprites of zombies/soldiers/whatever, graphics don't have to stick with DOS. Like the classics of Doom, puzzles and switches. And secrets, plenty of dark secrets.

M

modfox

Well, might as well take elements and inspiration from other games, modify and replace them. You can make the places look like the interior of the dm's base. It's not too hard to edit sprites/textures, only making them look right is XD. Hmm, maybe taking a look at other mods or even the many Doom clones there are out there that are related to your theme somehow (here? ---> Full list of Doom clones/similar games? - Doomworld Forums). Also looking at SNES, Sega Genesis or whatever other platform sprites of zombies/soldiers/whatever, graphics don't have to stick with DOS. Like the classics of Doom, puzzles and switches. And secrets, plenty of dark secrets.
dont worry there is plenty of easter eggs to be found referencing other stuff

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I'll give it a shot, considering I play the original Doom games so much that I have Zandronum pinned to my taskbar.