• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Facts

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Oh, I'm sure we number in the millions, but then, so do hundreds of other sexual deviations. If you think about it, this is the first time in human history that all the different "like" communities of people have been able to communicate easily, publicly, and share in their likes/dislikes.

Furries, gays, S&M folks, (the list goes on and on) have been around for all of history, it's just that for most of that history it's been pretty much taboo to admit to being anything other than what the state defined as acceptable and normal. Heck - it's STILL that way for most of the world's population. As those restrictions eased (and still ease) you see more and more people understanding and admitting to who and what they are, and better still, realizing that they're not alone. :)

Draco_2k

Rawr.
lurch.jpg

You rang?

TheGreatCrusader

Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!
Oh, I'm sure we number in the millions, but then, so do hundreds of other sexual deviations. If you think about it, this is the first time in human history that all the different "like" communities of people have been able to communicate easily, publicly, and share in their likes/dislikes.

Furries, gays, S&M folks, (the list goes on and on) have been around for all of history, it's just that for most of that history it's been pretty much taboo to admit to being anything other than what the state defined as acceptable and normal. Heck - it's STILL that way for most of the world's population. As those restrictions eased (and still ease) you see more and more people understanding and admitting to who and what they are, and better still, realizing that they're not alone. :)
It doesn't count if they don't know about the fandom. >_>

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
It doesn't count if they don't know about the fandom. >_>

Yet...

In this age, it probably won't take long for anyone with an Internet connection to find it. For those that don't have a connection and/or live in a repressed nation, it would likely not help them any to find and express it anyway. :( One day hopefully that will change for them as well.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.

>.>......Furrie is only a sexual deviation if one makes it a sexual deviation, for instance dressing up in a fursuit doesnt make it a sexual deviation, however if one had sex while wearing said suit THEN it becomes a sexual deviation. Cartoons like bugs bunny are not sexual deviations of furry. Clean furry art isn't a sexual deviation. however yiffy art is. Basicaly what i am saying is, you made it sound like the whole fandom is a sexual deviation, and my point is that it isn't, only part of the fandom is.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
>.>......Furrie is only a sexual deviation if one makes it a sexual deviation, for instance dressing up in a fursuit doesnt make it a sexual deviation, however if one had sex while wearing said suit THEN it becomes a sexual deviation. Cartoons like bugs bunny are not sexual deviations of furry. Clean furry art isn't a sexual deviation. however yiffy art is. Basicaly what i am saying is, you made it sound like the whole fandom is a sexual deviation, and my point is that it isn't, only part of the fandom is.
You're totally wrong. We're all just a fetish. >_>

Ow my eyes.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
You're totally wrong. We're all just a fetish. >_>

Ow my eyes.

Not every furry yiffs, nor does every furry like yiffy art work, therefore i still stand by my opinion that the fandom is only a sexual deviation to those that choose it to be. I am not gonna deny the fact i like yiffy art, but i am saying it isn't a sexual deviation to some furries.

Khim

Im still Khimy form the block.
what i hate about this is that i cant find the music used on this video, does anyone has it cuz ive been looking for days

TheGreatCrusader

Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!
Yet...

In this age, it probably won't take long for anyone with an Internet connection to find it. For those that don't have a connection and/or live in a repressed nation, it would likely not help them any to find and express it anyway. :( One day hopefully that will change for them as well.
It still doesn't count if they are unaware about the fandom. How do you know who will be a future furry and who will not? You don't know. You also can't say 'well, these people from the past were furries'. No, they weren't if they were unaware of the fandom. It's that simple.

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo
sweet!

Bambi

Good find -- its nice to have positive takes every once and awhile!

In fact so much that it felt like the video was listing insignificant statistics.

Apathy to me.

Some of those statistics where pretty true -- especially about Anthrocon.

Jonas-Shifu

Satire writer
Four people turned up to the world's smallest furry convention in Turkey.
That isn't a fur con, it's an excuse for a pissup. :p

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
4 people makes it a basement meetup semblance of a furmeet.

Also, come on people, we are not 1M+. We're 500k, *absolute tops*. I personally think 100k is an underestimation, and that we're probably more around 200k, but I got no numbers or anything so anyone can say anything about that.