• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.
L

-..Legacy..-

Now, this is just my opinion so please, don't think I'm bashing or forcing my ideas and ideals on anyone. In my view of things, a religion which prevents one from loving another human regardless of gender in an intimate fashion, is a religion whose doctrine cares not for the needs of its people. Now, I'm a pagan, so my view on religion is different from most, as is my take on using a god, or gods as a crutch.

The Aesir have never stated that one can not love people of the same sex, nor has he stated that we are born flawed, and filled with sin. A religion that propagates the idea of original sin and chronic repentance for every minor perceived slight against a god is in my eyes, harmful. Mentally and spiritually, for if you degrade yourself in your own eyes as a way of coming to terms with how you appear to your god, you have simply accepted self-degradation which constitutes a weaker soul.

In general, I stepped away from Christ because I was tired of destroying my self worth in order to be "Truthful" to him and myself. Now since this is about the Fandom and sexuality, I'll loop back around to that. Sexuality in my eyes is a basic part of human biology, be it homosexual or heterosexual. The fandom does have a sexual side, yes, as the fandom is run by humans. (I think)

Therefore in my eyes, the sexual side of the fandom is an expression of human sexuality and art. Which to me is a height of beauty I had not witnessed before joining the Fandom. I do not see the problem with it, as my gods do not preach against sexuality, nor do they ask for me to beg them for forgiveness. They simply ask that I conduct myself with honor and responsibility, and should I do wrong, to right that wrong through my own strength.

Just my two cents on the matter...well, more like five in this case. I apologize if this is horrifically off topic heh..

You're one of the only users on topic lol.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
One of my greatest enemies is depression and low self esteem, and I am not here trying to cause division or hate.

I was wondering: Given depression and your low sense of self esteem, and also, feeling like a 'worm', have you ever sought professional treatment for this? I'm not saying your faith can't be of help; not at all. But if you're suffering from depression and low self esteem, it may do a world of good to see somebody about it. And there are psychologists out there who work primarily with spiritual and Christian individuals. I just hate to see a person so miserable sounding. I've also suffered some severe bouts of depression, and seeing a talk therapist was for me a huge help; others also take meds, in my case, that proved to make things worse, but there are options out there that might buttress your recovery from feeling so depressed and bad about yourself.

And again, I'm not saying this to judge, but because you seem like a nice person, and whatever differences aside, I just thought I'd throw out a few ideas, that might help with depression, which is a really hard thing to live with.

D

Deleted member 82554

Now, this is just my opinion so please, don't think I'm bashing or forcing my ideas and ideals on anyone. In my view of things, a religion which prevents one from loving another human regardless of gender in an intimate fashion, is a religion whose doctrine cares not for the needs of its people. Now, I'm a pagan, so my view on religion is different from most, as is my take on using a god, or gods as a crutch.

The Aesir have never stated that one can not love people of the same sex, nor has he stated that we are born flawed, and filled with sin. A religion that propagates the idea of original sin and chronic repentance for every minor perceived slight against a god is in my eyes, harmful. Mentally and spiritually, for if you degrade yourself in your own eyes as a way of coming to terms with how you appear to your god, you have simply accepted self-degradation which constitutes a weaker soul.

In general, I stepped away from Christ because I was tired of destroying my self worth in order to be "Truthful" to him and myself. Now since this is about the Fandom and sexuality, I'll loop back around to that. Sexuality in my eyes is a basic part of human biology, be it homosexual or heterosexual. The fandom does have a sexual side, yes, as the fandom is run by humans. (I think)

Therefore in my eyes, the sexual side of the fandom is an expression of human sexuality and art. Which to me is a height of beauty I had not witnessed before joining the Fandom. I do not see the problem with it, as my gods do not preach against sexuality, nor do they ask for me to beg them for forgiveness. They simply ask that I conduct myself with honor and responsibility, and should I do wrong, to right that wrong through my own strength.

Just my two cents on the matter...well, more like five in this case. I apologize if this is horrifically off topic heh..
I would quote a George Carlin reference here but Felix seems like a pretty cool dude.

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer
Holy thread Batman!

Akartoshi

you have been booped by the web potater foxxo
So, are you going to actually answer what I posted or not...? I've asked this three times, but What were you trying to accomplish in this thread? I know you're provoking discussion, but we discuss things for a reason. We make people laugh, we get people to think, we get people to reflect. Ultimately, we get people to agree with our point of view in debates. Or at least that's the goal, though you might have fallen short of that.

So, what exactly are you making this for? What was your end goal? Would you like us to convert to christianity? Do you think being gay is a sin? So far you have been very vague...

Felix Bernard

Chemist, Conservative, Mark Levin fan
So, are you going to actually answer what I posted or not...? I've asked this three times, but What were you trying to accomplish in this thread? I know you're provoking discussion, but we discuss things for a reason. We make people laugh, we get people to think, we get people to reflect. Ultimately, we get people to agree with our point of view in debates. Or at least that's the goal, though you might have fallen short of that.

So, what exactly are you making this for? What was your end goal? Would you like us to convert to christianity? Do you think being gay is a sin? So far you have been very vague...

I thought I made it more than clear enough what I believe about homosexuality in my main post. Please read it again. As for my further intentions, I just made another forum post about them.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
FURRY IS NOT A SIN BECAUSE ITS JUST CARTOON ANIMALS AND BEING A FAN OF IT

When will normies stop taking this fandumb so seriously???

Felix Bernard

Did anyone here say being a furry is a sin, or is that just a general statement toward those outside the fandom?

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer

Lol. Not gonna happen anytime soon, mate.

This fandom's got too many morons in it. When Furries stop taking themselves so damn seriously, other people will also stop.

WolfNightV4X1

Did anyone here say being a furry is a sin, or is that just a general statement toward those outside the fandom?

It was a general statement and it was pretty heavily stated in the OP you had to address to yourself and others that it can fit in with religion, which it does, because people seem to treat the furry fandom as if it is heavily linked to it's sexuality, perversion, and other NSFW content...the furry fandom at it's core is just an appreciation of animal art and people without fail always link it to certain aspects of it's content rather than the big picture

Really anyone of any race, gender, culture, sex, religion, etc. can appreciate it because it's just a general hobby and nothing more. I had to clarify that yet again because I just never know with newer folks in the fandom who hyper obsess over that aspect of it

WolfNightV4X1

After recovering from a messed up illness
I have come to the conclusion that there is only one being out there that can control my faith ----------------> ME

Have a great day yall :D

Would like to interject that the idea of God isn't because he's a candy machine for you to put faith in, get good things out...or some expectation that all responsibility and need to achieve good in the world is released from our hands because "God will take care of it"

One of the interesting jokes I know goes something like this:

"A girl wants to win the lottery, she prays to God to help her win the lottery some day so she can live a peaceful, comfortable life.
The day comes and she didnt win the lottery.
For several years she prays and prays and prays, but everytime she does she never wins.
The day comes and soon she passes and goes on to heaven,

The girl asks, "God, why didn't you let me win the lottery when I have hoped and prayed and asked?"

He replies, "You never bought the ticket!"

YOU make things better, because we have the life given to us to take things in our hands and make it better

WolfNightV4X1

And sticking to the strict rules of only hetero sex after marriage can have a lot of bad consequences. Too much pressure is put, particularly on women, to be pure and that can lead to shame that is very damaging. There is a story (can't find a link right now, will edit if I find it) of a Good Christian woman who waited til marriage as she should, but then broke down after having the "right kind" of sex with her new husband because she felt unclean. So much of her self-worth and self-image was tied around this idea of being virginal that she felt ruined after sex. And what if a woman is raped, is she now still a sinner because she had sex out of wedlock? Even if she is assured that no, she's not unclean since it wasn't her fault, will she still be able to accept that after hearing for so long that she must never have sex lest she lose God's love and favor? Will a Good Christian man still want her after she has been tarnished so?

As for the Fandom, yes, there's a lot of sex, queerness, and perverseness that happens here. But those things aren't core tenants. You can turn on SFW and enjoy the animal people just fine without taking part in the sinful acts of others. Furryism(?) is not in itself sinful. You can definitely be a Good Christian and still be a furry. Or you could be a terrible christian and be a furry. You get what you put in, basically.

Adding to sexuality, I know there is a lot of toxicity to suppressing sexuality and I've seen a lot of poor effects from it. I heard a story back at my old church where a girl accidentally got pregnant. The way the parents reacted was watching her every move, they would not let the girl go anywhere by herself anymore, they even attended sunday classes beside her, kept her by them at all times. That kind of response and behavior is incredibly controlling and toxic, I was actually pretty shocked to hear they did the OPPOSITE of what they should have, considering the girl mustve been through a lot of trouble to have sought out unprotected sex, in fact, unprotected sex to a child not taught ANYTHING about sex instead of "dont have it" is a serious negative result of sex.

I'm not against abstinence nor the personal moral values of sex only when it is right, quite the opposite actually. However, Christianity for most of what I have observed carries such a strongly, visceral compulsion to hide away, shield, and prevent sex as if it didn't exist, as if shoving it into a box and stifling it and only opening it when it is "right". How will people know how to have sex, what to have sex with, how their bodies are like or what they feel if they don't understand it nor their own bodies beforehand? Neither my parents nor the churches I grew up in believe in openly discussing sex and it was always such a vague concept, little was ever known about it, in fact had I never had the internet I would not have known what it was at all as my naivete carried straight into adolescence and even after I began to have a budding sex drive not even knowing what it was. Refusing to teach children and teenagers about sex in any detail is a huge disadvantage.

Adding to other aspects of things in the bible, in my personal experience at church in a study group, some girls were reading passages in the bible, something along the lines of "Women must have their heads covered or it is an abomination", the girls sort of stopped, shrugged it off saying "It doesn't apply to us" and move one. Why is this? Why can you ignore a clearly stated passage, should they not be wearing headdresses at this time. Shouldn't they not have rights to households or other things that are not for that of a women?

There is definitely a lot of wrongness I've witnessed within the shame and fear culture and none of it is positive, and no when I say this I am not condemning Christianity as a whole, but how the individual Christian people walk their faith

S

Scales42

Would like to interject that the idea of God isn't because he's a candy machine for you to put faith in, get good things out...or some expectation that all responsibility and need to achieve good in the world is released from our hands because "God will take care of it"

One of the interesting jokes I know goes something like this:

"A girl wants to win the lottery, she prays to God to help her win the lottery some day so she can live a peaceful, comfortable life.
The day comes and she didnt win the lottery.
For several years she prays and prays and prays, but everytime she does she never wins.
The day comes and soon she passes and goes on to heaven,

The girl asks, "God, why didn't you let me win the lottery when I have hoped and prayed and asked?"

He replies, "You never bought the ticket!"

YOU make things better, because we have the life given to us to take things in our hands and make it better

So why should anybody bother with being religious in the first place? at the end of the day we are on our own. Of course
some religious folks claim that they only achieved something great because the "POWER OF GOD" suddenly hit them like an avil.
But I will take the liberty to say that this is pretty much a placebo.

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer
With all due respect... the only sin the furry community is responsible for is... is... th-the... r34. (Though sometimes it's good not gonna lie)
And such a beautiful sin it is. <3

*hits 621*

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Well, as "Everything is Terrible" collection proves, you can do pretty much anything as long as it's for the Lord - skate for the Lord, rap for the Lord, skydive for the Lord, racketeer for the Lord. Why can't the male dudes just screw each other in fursuits for the Lord? .u.

Felix Bernard

Well, as "Everything is Terrible" collection proves, you can do pretty much anything as long as it's for the Lord - skate for the Lord, rap for the Lord, skydive for the Lord, racketeer for the Lord. Why can't the male dudes just screw each other in fursuits for the Lord? .u.

Can one disobey God’s Holy Writ for the Lord? Does that make much sense?

Nice try though.

Last edited:

PaintedMica

Can one disobey God’s Holy Writ for the Lord? Does that make much sense?

Many interpret the word of God in different ways. Disobedience in this context is mildly subjective rather than objective as each person spoken to will have their own preconceived notions on how the rules apply to them.

Felix Bernard

Many interpret the word of God in different ways. Disobedience in this context is mildly subjective rather than objective as each person spoken to will have their own preconceived notions on how the rules apply to them.

With all due respect, one has to be extremely intellectually dishonest to not see these things would be going against His standards. Commandment and laws are not very subjective like the apocalyptic texts are... If laws were subjective and allowed for different interpretations there would be basically a form of anarchy. Ancient Israel understood pretty clearly this particular sin. Any person going in reading the text like any other literature would see it. Sure, one can interpret it in a form of eisegesis (forcing into the text what it does not say), or they can interpret through exegesis (allowing the text to speak for within its own context).