• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry first?

Which way did you go?

• Zoo, then also became a furry.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Furry, then also became zoo.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't often go to zoos; I used to go when I was younger, but the idea of going to the zoo isn't as appealing to me now that I am 16.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
hakumeiookami said:
I don't often go to zoos; I used to go when I was younger, but the idea of going to the zoo isn't as appealing to me now that I am 16.

See, that's the thing. I used to love the zoo around 12 or so, then that took a dive around your age, and now I really want to go again (19 now). It's odd.

Sylvine

Umm... I'm afraid he didn't mean "Going to the zoo", but "being a zoophile".
Which I actually find disturbing and mildly whatyoucallit... offending.

~Sylv

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Welcome to thread derailing Sylvine :p

I've never actually been to a zoo that I can remember. I should visit the one sometime...

capthavoc123

Master of Disaster
Sylvine said:
Umm... I'm afraid he didn't mean "Going to the zoo", but "being a zoophile".
Which I actually find disturbing and mildly whatyoucallit... offending.

I hate having to explain the obvious, so listen carefully because I'll only say it once:

We know. That's the point.

I work at a zoo...well, a wildlife park (exotic species are being phased out in favour of promoting more local species) we only have camles and a couple of monkeys left for exotics. its pretty neat, but i kinda wish i didnt work there because i like to visit it and i dont like going on my days off cuz its just like going to work...

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
The last time I went to the zoo was in January this year to try out my new digital camera I got for Christmas, and it works GREAT! ^_^

To Bloodangel: I got to feed and pet a giraffe one time, too. :D

Anyway, I love zoos. :D Has anyone here been to the one in Omaha, Nebraska? That's a great zoo to visit. :D The one in San Diego is a great one to visit, too. ^_^

themocaw

Bokracroc said:
Vornesoul said:
Sibe... Such a troll. :p
He's more interesting than other trolls though.
He like, hits you in the face with a club but instead of running or clubbing you to death, he just sits there and watches you roll in pain. No laughing, no pyscho smile, just watches.
I'd have to disagree. He's not a very interesting troll at all. He's not funny, he's not creative, all he does is go around saying "lol furries" and "d00d, you guys suck." I was trolled better in sixth grade, and that guy's method of trolling me was to say that my momma was fat. It's so boring.

In any case, my favorite zoo story involves my friend Dan, and his cousins who came to visit from Germany. Dan's mom works at the zoo taking care of baby animals, and so she took her nieces into the cage to help her feed the baby snow leopards - ahh, the joys of having someone in the inside.

So Dan's dad is standing on the other side of the glass waving at his nieces as they cuddle and feed these adorable little fluffballs, when all of a sudden he starts hearing this horrible shrieking noise. "I WANNA FEED THE BABY TIGER! I WANNA FEED THE BABY TIGER!"

Next thing he knows, there's a 300 pound lady dragging a screaming brat towards him, and throwing a fit herself. "How come she gets to go feed the tigers? Is it some sort of bonus? We're members, damn it, we pay a yearly due, how come we never heard about this sort of thing," blah blah blah and basically threatening to sue the zoo and everyone there if her little waste of sperm doesn't get to feed some baby "tigers."

Dan's dad turns to her, gets a very sollemn look and says, choking back fake tears, "Ma'am, have you ever heard of the 'Make a Wish' Foundation?"

Elapsed time before the brat shuts up: 0.4 seconds. "I am so sorry," the woman whispers. "They look so healthy."

"They do," he says softly.

He waits until she's out of earshot before he starts laughing his head off.

themocaw said:
In any case, my favorite zoo story involves my friend Dan, and his cousins who came to visit from Germany. Dan's mom works at the zoo taking care of baby animals, and so she took her nieces into the cage to help her feed the baby snow leopards - ahh, the joys of having someone in the inside.

So Dan's dad is standing on the other side of the glass waving at his nieces as they cuddle and feed these adorable little fluffballs, when all of a sudden he starts hearing this horrible shrieking noise. "I WANNA FEED THE BABY TIGER! I WANNA FEED THE BABY TIGER!"

Next thing he knows, there's a 300 pound lady dragging a screaming brat towards him, and throwing a fit herself. "How come she gets to go feed the tigers? Is it some sort of bonus? We're members, damn it, we pay a yearly due, how come we never heard about this sort of thing," blah blah blah and basically threatening to sue the zoo and everyone there if her little waste of sperm doesn't get to feed some baby "tigers."

Dan's dad turns to her, gets a very sollemn look and says, choking back fake tears, "Ma'am, have you ever heard of the 'Make a Wish' Foundation?"

Elapsed time before the brat shuts up: 0.4 seconds. "I am so sorry," the woman whispers. "They look so healthy."

"They do," he says softly.

He waits until she's out of earshot before he starts laughing his head off.

Greatest zoo story ever :D

We have really crap zoos where I live, so it was awesome when I got to go down to Melbourne zoo in january. I was such a child, looking at all the animals like it was the first time I'd ever seen them lol. I must have spent 40 mins in the bird avairy and then I bought a toy falcon on my way out. I'm so sad :p

Mintywolf

Aaahaahaha themocaw that's the best story I've heard all day. It just fills me with glee. :D

There's a park near where I live that takes in injured and rehabilitating animals that can't be released into the wild again, I don't think it really counts as a zoo because they're all native to this biome, like gray foxes and bears and a bobcat and some otters. But there was a really sad incident a little while ago when some idiot parents let their idiot kid climb over the fences to the bear enclosure to pet the "cute" bears and well, you can guess what happened. But because he got bitten, they decided to euthanise not one but BOTH bears in case of a tiny chance of rabies. :( (And soon after, the rabies tests came back negative.) Now they have a new baby bear, a memorial statue, a higher fence, and prominent signs warning against the WILD ANIMALS so hopefully that won't happen again.

But that's kind of a downer zoo story . . . Um, once while my friend and I were there we got to pet an ox. He was very shaggy.

themocaw

Why do people act like idiots around bears? I'm sure every park ranger has told the story of the mother who decided to put honey on her kid's face to get a cute pictures of the baby being licked by a bear. :p It ends differently, but in any case, it's not a good idea. These are bears, dang it, they kill and eat stuff, that's what they do.

I am supposed to be working at a zoo soon...hopefully. I really hope I get the job...

Anyway, I remember the LA zoo too! Oh, such nostaligia.

furry

Hey, where's the "simultaneous" choice?
I feel fursecuted :(

Muse

themocaw said:
These are bears, dang it, they kill and eat stuff, that's what they do.

*puts down his 100% all-cow burger* You mean... Just like people do? :)

Anyway...

The last time I went to a zoo, I spent 6 hours with a sketch book, most of it spent in the bat building. I was pretty young though, and haven't been there in years. Every time the local furs arrange a visit, I'm ither working or unwilling to put up with furries and/or bad weather.

sgolem

Apparently when I was about two,
I had a seizure in the San Diego Zoo.
They took me to the monkey care,
To treat me 'till the ambulance got there.
My parents had been stopped the next day,
By people asking if I was okay.

Not that I remember any of it, but considering I was about 2 at the time, and I didn't get into furry art until I was in high school, I'd say it's a sure bet I went to a zoo first. True story, btw. I just noticed my sentence had a lot of rhymes, so I decided to take it and run with it.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
themocaw said:
Bokracroc said:
Vornesoul said:
He like, hits you in the face with a club but instead of running or clubbing you to death, he just sits there and watches you roll in pain. No laughing, no pyscho smile, just watches.
I'd have to disagree. He's not a very interesting troll at all. He's not funny, he's not creative, all he does is go around saying "lol furries" and "d00d, you guys suck." I was trolled better in sixth grade, and that guy's method of trolling me was to say that my momma was fat. It's so boring.
That's the thing. He so doesn't put any effort into it. It's barely a half-arsed Trolling attempt. More interesting to watch than the try-hard Trolls when "lol furries" is enough to get the Drama Train rolling.

Wakboth

Bokracroc said:
themocaw said:
Bokracroc said:
Vornesoul said:
That's the thing. He so doesn't put any effort into it. It's barely a half-arsed Trolling attempt. More interesting to watch than the try-hard Trolls when "lol furries" is enough to get the Drama Train rolling.
There's a certain spare, austere quality to it, yes. Nevertheless, I'd be happier if we had an ignore function; in my experience, the ability to ignore trolls, nitwits, drama llamas and the unspellers will greatly improve any online community. (Not as much as the ability to give them electric shocks over the internet, but that's harder to pull off.)

Anyway, on the people-powered subject of this thread, I don't have any interesting zoo stories; I really should visit a good one some day. (And as for why people forget that bears are dangerous: they're big, furry, lumpy, fat-looking things. Combine that with teddy bears and Pooh and the Care Bears, and you have a bloodbath in the making.)

Sibe

Banned
Banned
Vornesoul said:

Last time I was at a zoo was last year because one is 30 minutes away from my father's place. I'm not too fond of them, just because I tend to find caged animals boring. They don't DO anything!

Expect the monkeys! I <3 Spider Monkeys.

Zoos are neat. In portland the Light rail train goes right to the zoo. ITs awesome :D I like the polar bears and the lions.

edit: and the otters

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
This never would've happened if you'd just let me yiff the otter.

I think I've said it before, but I find it a very big turn on to see animals on top of women. Sorry, I can't help what I find attractive. I'm not into the guys on animals though and I don't prowl the neighborhood for loose animals to screw... And beastiality/zoo is illegal here, so it's not something I have a collection of or watch. I simply stumbled accross it online and found it facinating. Then I found out it was illegal and wiped my hard drive and stopped browsing the sites. I haven't watched any in about 6 years. But I also find animal sexxors as a turn on. And I do have a collection of that ;) Truth is most people find animal sex as a turn on. Zoos (places you go to see animals) have recently started having special shows and features during mating seasons that have been attracting large crowds of people. I don't think I was one then the other though. I think I was kind of both from the beginning.

Vegex

Banned
Banned
Zoos aren't funny, they make Jesus sad D:

sgolem

Rostam The Grey said:
I think I've said it before, but I find it a very big turn on to see animals on top of women. Sorry, I can't help what I find attractive. I'm not into the guys on animals though and I don't prowl the neighborhood for loose animals to screw... And beastiality/zoo is illegal here, so it's not something I have a collection of or watch. I simply stumbled accross it online and found it facinating. Then I found out it was illegal and wiped my hard drive and stopped browsing the sites. I haven't watched any in about 6 years. But I also find animal sexxors as a turn on. And I do have a collection of that ;) Truth is most people find animal sex as a turn on. Zoos (places you go to see animals) have recently started having special shows and features during mating seasons that have been attracting large crowds of people. I don't think I was one then the other though. I think I was kind of both from the beginning.
The giraffes are always going at it at the zoo by me. You think seeing it the two times you went recently might just be a coincidence, but when other people start talking about how they saw it when they went, you begin to wonder what they're feeding those things.

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've been to the furry more times than I've been to the zoo. He gave me a tinfoil cap and told me that to save me from myself, I had to close this thread!