• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Haters

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
I have only encountered one person who was so full of bile and hatred that she personally attacked me on a discord channel for WoW because I was openly furry and made no secret of it. She was banned immediately.

Her opinion was that all furries are gay degenerates who are child molesters that live in their mothers basement. Amount to nothing in life and should be lined up and shot.

Coming from a lesbian woman of colour who lives on benefit support and makes cash by sending people nude pictures of herself (Apparently). It was kind of rich.

Never had trouble anywhere else.

Last edited:

Filter

uwu
Don't want people to look at furries like sex-crazed deviants? Stop acting like one.
Don't want people to look at furries like they are oversensitive? Grow a thicker skin.

Stereotypes exist for a reason and don't pop into existence out of nowhere. Specific behaviour patterns are observed by enough people and from enough individuals inside specific demographics to create that stereotype. Now the question becomes, why does the furry stereotypes exist? Well, observe the people the stereotype is about in the first place.
While I agree, I've also never encountered more asexuals or people who are able to ignore haters than I have in this fandom. It seems to me that furry fans represent both extremes. Most are easygoing people with a good sense of humor. Perhaps even too easygoing at times. The stereotypes are sometimes joked about and propagated by furries themselves. Sure, the fandom has more than its share of drama queens, but on average I'd say furries take themselves less seriously than Star Trek fans, sports fans, or most other fans for that matter.

Kurushimii

Depressed Monster
Don't want people to look at furries like sex-crazed deviants? Stop acting like one.
Don't want people to look at furries like they are oversensitive? Grow a thicker skin.

Stereotypes exist for a reason and don't pop into existence out of nowhere. Specific behaviour patterns are observed by enough people and from enough individuals inside specific demographics to create that stereotype. Now the question becomes, why does the furry stereotypes exist? Well, observe the people the stereotype is about in the first place.
They kind of do actually. Furries are not pedophiles/zoophiles or oversensitive by default, specific people do that and it's those specific people that are the loudest, therefore people stick with the narrative that all furries are like that, and growing a thicker skin means never getting upset, basically just lacking any emotion whatsoever which is not healthy. But a stereotype is an oversimplified view of an entire group of people. I.E. the stereotype that all women are carers. But the stereotype that all black people eat fried chicken, watermelon, or corn bread/corn did somewhat pop up out of nowhere. It was all the slaves were allowed to eat and I'm sure at least one person of each ethnicity could go for a good steak or salad once in a blue moon.
Would you assume that all Sonic OC creators are unoriginal or bad artists just because Sonichu was a thing? If so then look deeper into the creative side of the fan base than just that one character. (BTW, that's a real stereotype against Sonic fans just so you know, I didn't just pull that out of my ass.)

Last edited:

Jaredthefox92

>Has Sonic OC's.
>Collects Space Wolves
>Still on this forum.

And yet nobody cares, but mostly because I don't really consider myself a furry. I would also like to point out that weebs and 40k fans mix quite often. I think it's a lot of the times those people who project their things onto others, especially when it comes to sexual matters. It's not really the liking of anthro things, it's how you act because of your interests that matter.