• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry in the cold north called Wisconsin

ChouKuma

Okay, so it's not really cold up here at the moment, but it can get there in the winter and fall. I'm just wondering if I am the only Wisconsin resident furry on the forums or if perhaps that I may not be the only one? Hmm.... Either way, I like my cheese and milk from Wisconsin thank you...

I'm also just seeing if there is anyone other than me that lives in Wisconsin at the moment and is furry. I find myself very alone up here sometimes, as in, furry wise. Other than my male friend, who is gay... >.> sadness for me only. *sighs*

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Sadly I live in a horrible place called Florida. It may be warm in the winter but the people here suck and if you don't have money prepare to be board out of your furry mind. If you can at all stay away from this retched place and never live here.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
the worst part is that i dont even watch football or like it much

it's just inescapable if you live in this state
Yeah, I noticed that when I moved to WI from CA. I know, most people flee to California to escape the cold. I fled to WI to escape from California.

That said, I don't find the winters to be all that bad. I expected a lot worse. A good sweater, a good hat, a good leather trench coat, and pair of gloves and I can handle anything that's been thrown at me so far. It's the hat that makes the difference. I have a Russian-style fur (*gasp* yeah, I am a horrible murderer, so sue me) hat that looks silly as hell. But with that thing on, even -20F feels quite comfortable.

But Winter here does have its benefits. The stars are so crystal clear on a calm cold winter night, it seems like you can see a gazillion of them. They're not even that clear in the high desert in CA!

But I'm very much in the closet as a fur irl. I only acknowledge my furry side online so far.

Last edited:

Kender3421

Now what was that spell again?
I was from wisconsin but then I joined the military and now live in cali. Where at exactly do you live? North or South?

ChouKuma

Hah, wow, I'm from wausau, some where in the middle there. Lol. I haven't met a lot of furs here in my city minus my friend. but yeah. To be honest, I don't think i would ever live anywhere else other than here in wisconsin, japan, or wyoming or Montana or Colorado.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I'd be willing to live elsewhere, but not at the heart of a city (been there, done that), nor near the ocean (ugh, ditto.) Ideally, I'd live high in the mountains. But there are no jobs there. :-x

nurematsu

Iowan Otter
Hah, wow, I'm from wausau, some where in the middle there. Lol. I haven't met a lot of furs here in my city minus my friend. but yeah. To be honest, I don't think i would ever live anywhere else other than here in wisconsin, japan, or wyoming or Montana or Colorado.
My gf is from Merrill, just a bit north of ya :p What parts of Montana and Wyoming have you been to? I pretty much come from next door, Idaho

kh3rlz

wow... I live in wausau to... east or west side

J-wolf

Death's Apprentice
Hey anyone here from around the washington county area.

Arcane hollow

The Dragon Spinmaster
Naw, i live even further north >.> Upstate NY 5 minutes from Canada...

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Iowan here, live in Grundy, 15 miles south of where Parkersburg and the F5 tornado was last year. I heard they're doing okay rebuilding the town, good for them.