• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry instincts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kisuke

I sleep curled up in a little ball, if that counts, and I whine sometimes if I'm too tired to notice.

S

Shadow Wolf

Pretty sure all I've ever done is howl to relieve some stress

Nicona Shadowwolf

Who are we talking about?
I have barked and growled but it is usually when I am playing with my dogs. Not something I do to other people.

I have a tendency to walk very quietly at times as well as not be noticed. So when I walk up to a friend or group of friends. No one notices me for a while because they don't hear me or my subtle movements don't get noticed...

-Onyx

Kisuke said:
I sleep curled up in a little ball, if that counts, and I whine sometimes if I'm too tired to notice.
hehe, I do that too (as well as a ton of other random stuff listed in here... agreeing with most of them would just take too long =))

spikey2k said:
sateva9822 said:
The most animalisitc thing I do it get on all fours and run around with my ferret.

Off topic: I want a ferret, is it true they steal your things?
off topic too but; I want one too, and now I want to know if they steal your things too lol,

Convel_Firesong

Hmmm lets see here. I growl, whimper in a dog like manner I am a wolf after all, bite and scratch, there will be a lot of times I'll squat down or sit down like a dog. I curl up like a dog and nap from time to time, I also strech like a dog especally when I just wake up. I dont howl and bark as much as I use to when I was a child but I still have my moments. I tend to wrestle like a dog when I'm in a playful mood mostly when I'm around other furs. I'll catch my self walking on my toes or down on all fours. Thats pretty much it that I can think of at the moment. ^^

Oh and I walk extremly quietly unless I want you to hear me you never do.

Fallen

I personally have growled at people before and not even noticed I did it....That was a bad day in class. And I find myself purring when I am alone.

I sleep curled up in a little ball, if that counts, and I whine sometimes if I'm too tired to notice

I have a tendency to walk very quietly at times as well as not be noticed. So when I walk up to a friend or group of friends. No one notices me for a while because they don't hear me or my subtle movements don't get noticed...

All of these

SpikeBlu

I have actually noticed something when I got into furry and that is I LOVE water now. Rain, pool water, getting sprayed by a super soaker... I love water. I guess I need to be more specific. I use to hate getting wet when I was wearing my clothes, like if I was walking on the street and it rained. I simply hated it. Now, I don't care if I get wet. Well, there are times though I don't, mostly if it's freakin' cold out. But yeah, I love the water. Then again, I am an otter so that makes perfect sense. lol

Greeb

Well if something annoys me or I am angry at something, not at person but at something else, like internet is slow or something I make make deep growl, also when fighting feel some beast inside of me, like have you heard about berserck? Kinda strange when trying to get the person down I start to growl, hmm well that gives me some more strenght to finish my job, but control my anger, but not considering myself as a fury I am fury atist and doing Rp's...

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Uuuhhm... No. :x I don't believe I've ever had any "furry instincts" to do "furry things" before.

I think anything like that would be a sign to have your next rabies vaccine. D: *ducks*

theg90

With my slightly grown-out hair, I sometimes sjake my hair. Other than that, I might catch myself making slight animals noises whenever the ocassion happens, grrr, growling and stuff. No one around me notices or cares, so I continue on.

Thietogreth

He who shale be ignored...
Well I've had insticts for a while but they have developed differently over the years. The earliest I've exibited these was with my first dog, most likely because I was always with him. I followed him on all fours, he followed me, and so on and so forth through our lifetime. After he died I started subtlely exibiting differen't behaviors. I do growl, though softly, I haven't found anyone who lasts long enough in a fight to let me bite them (meaning one hit in the sholder and they start crying like babies, and I'm not even that strong...), and I run on all fours, like in my childhood, with my new dogs to play around. I've always thought it would be fun though to join a Feral Run group so I could run freely in the open.

theg90

Also, I love getting into playfights with my dogs. I wrestle, slam, and pretty much everything but bite. I have on occasson growled when something or someone bothers be or something is happening that I don't like. I, strangely, wish I had some pointy ears or a tail or something like it.

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
back when i was going through highschool in my hometown, there were tonnes of Rottweilers(sp?) around barking at absolutely everything that crossed their path via chain link fences. Once day while walking with some friends to the nearest convenience store, a person has just bought a new Rotty and put it behind a chainlink fence. As we were walking it started barking, and were tyring to talk. And its interrupting and wouldn't stop. So as we passed by i put by face right up to his and barked and yelled for a few seconds and scared it away. It since then never barked at me again. But we all laughed quite hard at it.
I moved to a different city, and almost the same thing happened, but i was around a new set of people, and i pulled the same stunt except it was to a dog in the back of a truck that wouldn't shut up. I did it and all my friends did was like "DUDE?! what the HELL man?! like.. DUDE your in PUBLIC! STOP IT!"

Ive never done it again. But thats as close as ive ever gotten.

Coincidently just over the weekend, i was watching a movie with my brother, and i yawned. Upon completing said yawn maneuver, my brother said "..th..that was awfully cat like of you" and im like "huh? what?" and hes like "you curled the tounge just like a cat would" and im like "..your crazy".

I also tend to shake my head after i sneeze or yawn, i saw my dog do it when i was a child and adopted it since then

hmmmm...

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
The thing about the ferrets...
they indeed do steal you things around. Ferrets, not only very active but very intelligent, need something to stimulate them when you're not entertaining them for about the 4 to 6 hours they needed interaction. Sometimes their own room full of toys will help prevent (but not entirely stop) your ferret from ripping holes in your couches and hording your things in there. But cute they are! :)

Thietogreth

I would just love to see a moment when people like us all get together and do our things. It would be funny as heck and fun to take part of.

harry543

I know I growl and snarl at people that make angry, and howl at the moon sometimes. I also catch myself, when i don't have shoes on, walking around on my tip-toes( digi-grade style.

Thietogreth

harry543 said:
I also catch myself, when i don't have shoes on, walking around on my tip-toes( digi-grade style).

I also do that both willingly and subconsciously. Anyway something I just recently remembered (which is a funny story) is that one day when I was picking up my niece; one of her teachers was outside waiting with her. We started a conversation and he told me that he learned the pitches to howl, or bark, to communicate with the dogs of the neighborhood. He even showed me and got some dogs nearby to start barking and stop.

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
Thietogreth said:
harry543 said:
I also catch myself, when i don't have shoes on, walking around on my tip-toes( digi-grade style).

I also do that both willingly and subconsciously. Anyway something I just recently remembered (which is a funny story) is that one day when I was picking up my niece; one of her teachers was outside waiting with her. We started a conversation and he told me that he learned the pitches to howl, or bark, to communicate with the dogs of the neighborhood. He even showed me and got some dogs nearby to start barking and stop.

im not gonna lie, thats pretty friggin awesome. Any audio clips or tips anything? Theres a few dogs 'round there here parts that wont shut their traps each morning i go to my car for work (they think im invading on their property or something). Itd be an awesome test lol

Thietogreth

DJDarkViper said:
im not gonna lie, thats pretty friggin awesome. Any audio clips or tips anything? Theres a few dogs 'round there here parts that wont shut their traps each morning i go to my car for work (they think im invading on their property or something). Itd be an awesome test lol

Unfortunitly I own no recording device or my own video camara X3, But I did see something on ether animal planet or the discovery planet where this guy (of whom's name escapes me X3) lived with wolves and abided by their natural laws (and when I say live I mean he slept outside, ate raw meat, most of the time, and tought the wolves how to howl since he has been with them since practical birth (mother wolf died from something)). Apearintly there are 3 types of howls: territorial howls (where one wolf pack howls to see if another wolf pack (who responds with another howl) is in their territory) a gathering howl (for both if one wolf is looking for their pack or two packs are trying to meet) and I forgot the other one X3 but it's not to quiet other howls. It's for something else important. The teacher though, he learned it from his pet dog from when he was a kid.

Arthur_Aqvila

I have to admit to growling some times and I do one thing that I do not know wether its a animal noise or not but I make a Rawr noise like Chewbacca when I am extremely angry and I want everyone to shut up. I do not intentionaly do it its more like a reflex and has nothing to do with my fursona which is an Anthro-Eagle.

I have been known to deliberatley insult seagulls by immitating them though.

A wise friend of mine said "You can laugh at me all you want but it doesnt change the fact I enjoy life to the full!" I think that applies in this case

ChouKuma

I must say, I have many instincts. I love to hiss at people when i cannot find words to say to describe my anger or hate. I growl playfully a lot when sparring with friends. I tend to randomly insert purrs somewhere into my conversations, as if to show I'm happy. I love laying on back edge of the couch, I find it quite comfortable. Honestly, I do. When I'm hyper I race from one end of the house, constantly changing my mind as to where I'm going, almost ripping, like my cat rips when she's all excited and jittery. I have so many, and honestly, Most people pet the top of my head and say good pet, mainly because that is how I act. I was once told I was like that annoying dog that would not leave you alone, or the cat that follows you everywhere. But, I didn't mind being called that, I thought it quite funny.

ChouKuma

I also have an affinity for biting, sometimes I cannot control it, and three times was almost suspended for it. Those three times were the times i broke flesh at school. I'm in a constant teething stage I must say. Or at least, that's how it seems. It is the honest truth when i tell people I bite, and most of my social group can attest to being bitten either playfully or attacked once or twice by me. I love my fangs and without them I could not enjoy my favorite food. Rare steak.

Funny, one time one of my friends actually bought me a muzzle and tried to pin me down and put it on me. It was quite frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.