• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry instincts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thietogreth

He who shale be ignored...
ChouKuma said:
I love my fangs and without them I could not enjoy my favorite food. Rare steak.

I wish I could have longer canines for several reasons, of which would be too long to list...

ChouKuma said:
Funny, one time one of my friends actually bought me a muzzle and tried to pin me down and put it on me. It was quite frightening.

Lol better watch you back for when they think it's time to put you to sleep for being to rowdy o.o...now where did I put that needle >3

feilen

Staring Contest Champion
I purr often, although not often around others, and I also always sleep curled-up. I also walk digi-grade style occasionally in the mornings, although not on purpose.

I've always walked digi-grade style ever since I could remember (being called a ballernia, twinkletoes and a faggot for it), but i think it's cool. I do growl at people when they make me angry, whimper when I'm sad and I hiss when pissed off (what I seem to be well know for). The only thing I think I could have left out is that I curl up when I wanna fall asleep.

Satoshi

Has magical powers.
I yawn like a cat all the time, and when I'm looking for something I get on all fours and crawl around = 3=; It actually helps xD

S

sage_mines

I sleep a lot, I'm very curious, I'm easily irritated, I actually trained myself to purr (which is actually kinda sad that I have nothing better to do), and my natural protection is to scratch.

Thietogreth

Actualy a lot of animals curl their tounge when they yawn, not just cats. My natural deffense is staying cool but looking "bigger" then I actualy am (such as stretch my arms and legs out, like making it look like they were shorter then extending them) like what bears do or some lizerds.

Kinday

I eat all my vegetables does that count?

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Sorry - I'm too humanised. (Term from an RP)

Even if I like to hoard stuff in my room just for "Sentimental values". That's not too draconic...human women have a tendency to do JUST that.

harden13

Me well i have a tendancy to meow and actuly sound like a cat because thats what our house usualy has when we took care of newborns. I cuddle lots usualy when i was with my old mate jessica now i just curl up into a ball and sleep in a corner hugging a pillow. But yeah i have some sort of weird connection to cats like i am one...

Coffee

My methods of locomotion: depending upon my mood, I sneak, strut, run, jump, that sort of thing. Only very rarely will you find me doing something that resembles mundane "walking". Far out.

Acorndeer

scooter_squirrel said:
spikey2k said:
Dear me this is gotten out of hand...I feel I should appologise for makeing the board...I didn't mean to stir this up.
-clippety-
I occasionally make various little chattering noises at times but usually not too loud for others to hear. I do also bite the crap out of my fingernails which is a bad habit I can't seem to break, guess that could fit this category. Thats about it though.

Oh man I know that problem all too well, lucky me I was able to break it by creative use of colorless nailpolish <.<
And many people often refer to me as acting some way squirrely like my habit of climbing things like trees, lamp-posts, hanging from doorframes and bolting around instead of just walking.

Anyhow I think my ways are just rational means of living, not imitation of animal. Like hanging, it does good to your muscles and tendons, releases preissure from joints and makes sure blood doesn't pack to extremeties.
Bolting is just a way to cover area more effectively so I can asset the situation later and go back to objects / areas of interest with more awareness of the options witohut having to sloth around like old men.

Then again my habit of storing up dry snacks like peanuts, drybread and such is useful when I have sudden visitors over.

And my great love to walk on railings and other unusual balance requiring sections is beneficial to my overall posture and control of movement which I feel to be important long time in life, to avoig falling over and breaking bones when old or tumbling over in surprising slippery situations :p

Sounds I make and often realize too late that I've made one again are like really low angry grunts when people surprise me unpleasantly by blocking my path or growls on a bad day. They are primal responses that come all too naturally for me.

More bad habits of mine is gnawing stuff so not ment to be gnawed. Like the bars of my eyeglasses, my old ones were horribly bitten, these ones I already bother to stop when I notice I am doing it again. and then i gnaw on paperboxes like ones with candy in them etc. whateever my teeth sink to :p

I think rationalizing most of my "animalistic" quirks is at least a good excuse to keep doing it XD

Acorndeer

Adelio Altomar said:
The thing about the ferrets...
they indeed do steal you things around. Ferrets, not only very active but very intelligent, need something to stimulate them when you're not entertaining them for about the 4 to 6 hours they needed interaction. Sometimes their own room full of toys will help prevent (but not entirely stop) your ferret from ripping holes in your couches and hording your things in there. But cute they are! :)

Answer to that is to make the hole there yourself that the ferret can use. Or offer it many hides all over the house to hide things in to so it feels that all of its eggs are not in the same basket (because who knows that ferret next door might plan on hoisting one or two of those hides!). and it doesn't then feel the need to dig more hides.

-Ryn-

=^.^=
Let's see, I have a lot of animalistic tendancies. I rarely ever simply walk, it's more of a predatory stalking-type of movement or a slow slink...When shoe-less I go digi-grade (and I'm shoeless as often as possible ^_^) I growl, purr, make inquisitive feline noises, yawn like a cat, love relaxing up in trees or other high places, move my ears toward noises as much as possible, bite, scratch, and pounce as primary forms of attack/defence, I recognize people by scent...There's more I can't think of right now, I'm sure.

I've been doing all of this since I was little, too. The neighbor kids though I was weird because they could never hear me coming when we played tag or hide and seek...in the woods....

I used to have roomates that were furs and had a few animal behaviors. A house full of cats is an interesting place...especially when you introduce a bear and invite your tiny fennec friend over at least once a week...

Thietogreth

The only scents I can usualy pick up are mine and my dogs (not farts btw). Other wise I smell perfumes or soaps and such. And when you say move your ears to the noise do you mean you move your head or just your ears? (I can wiggle my ears/keep them in place at different points on my head (back or forword). Not far but enough to be noticable).

-Ryn-

=^.^=
Yeah, I do the ear-wiggle thing, and I know I'm probably the only one who ever notices it, lol. As far as looking at the same time, it depends on whether or not I instantly recognize the noise.

Sabulana

I don't really think about it.

I have conversations with my cats both in English and in Cat. I end up making a lot of random cat noises actually. And in a fight I always try to scratch my opponents. It's just stuff I've always done.

The only thing I really do "for fun" as it were, is try to grab keys and things when they're dangled in front of my face. XD

Thietogreth

I know for sure when I talk to my dogs they have no idea what the heck I'm doing but they think it means play time all the same (when I bark at them or not at them. And by bark I don't mean an actual bark I mean I say "bark")

J

Jelly

If I have to use the bathroom in mid-flight, I will. I've even done it in turbulent weather.
I cross my arms over my chest when I sleep (I also punch, grab and throw people and/or objects; not to mention say disturbing things, smile, and clack out little tunes on my teeth).

...aheh. I confess to being a dumb kid once, I used to drink blood (generally speaking, not my own). And when I was an even dumber...more kid-like kid I ate bugs. I don't remember it, but my parents said I did.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
^I wouldn't say it's "abnormal". >.> More of uncommon, like people who always squeak and make noise whenever they yawn.

Thietogreth said:
Dragons love to horde shiny things =3 got any shiny things in your room?

oh yes plenty of shiny thingies. Except water dragons go after pearls that aren't quite as shiny. ;p

Thietogreth

You never said you were a water dragon so I would have never known =3. Also I see a lot of people shake their heads after they sneeze. I'm the only one who does it afterwords (as if to shake out what ever made me sneeze in the first place).

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
But all dragons go after shiny things - just different kinds. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.