• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry instincts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn-

=^.^=
Thietogreth said:
Can you move then individualy or do they move together? (I can sort of move them individualy =3)

I can sort of move them individually, but not well.

Kitshera Aureana

Too hot to handle.
I've been doing this since before I even knew what furry was:
  • Growling
  • Growling at spirits
  • Howling
  • Barking
  • Mewing

Even though spiritually I would describe myself as an aquatic angel fox, I have the instincts of both a kitten and a playful puppy. I once concluded myself as a fennec fox for they act like both.

Not long ago I was walking at night down the street and listening to music and I howled. I said, "Oh shi-" and quickly calmed down. My inner animal has always been trying to get out.

Sometimes when walking outside I can clearly imagine the paws in front of me running. I used to run through the streets and howl as loud as I could. It wasn't because I wanted to either. It was pure instinct.

Things just happen. :3

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
Does making random pigeon noises and trying to eat people's clothes [size=x-small](while they're still wearing them)[/size] count?<(._.)>

Farfetnoogen

So since I don't actually notice the animal-esque things I do, I had to go through this thread and steal things that other people said. Those traits being:
- barking (I actually figured out a territorial bark, but I haven't used it since I learned it when I was younger [against the neighbor's dog])
- growling when I'm annoyed/angry
- curling up to sleep
- walking digi-grade (I've been doing this since I was little. my parents actually brought me to a doctor for it. I was 3 or 4 then.)
- I was walking into a building after being out in the rain and I shook my hair to dry it. only after did I realize what I had done, which was when I broke out in a giggle fit.
- I love climbing into trees to just take a nap. it feels so much safer up there.

shiftyfox

The only thing i can think of is the fact that I burrow into my sheets a lot. When I was really young I had a neurologist study my sleep behavior and she noticed that I was constantly trying to dig into the bed while sleeping. Her explanation was that all humans evolved from something that resembled a muskrat, and thats where the burrowing instinct comes from. It goes away in most people after infancy, but some people just never outgrow it. So basically she was just saying I'm less evolved. Makes keeping my bed neat a bitch too.

...and I guess a teacher said I reminded her of a puppy, and all my friends agreed. But that was directed more towards how easily distracted I am.

quill

I growl. Scratch. Mimic sounds, or make them randomly when I'm content.

All without making a conscious effort.

NythWolf

i do thing like a wolf i yup, bite, play fight, growl, and when i'm listening for noise my ear pruck up. also smell i'm total let my my nose. i feel kind of silly saying this
i do thing like a wolf i yup, bite, play fight, growl, and when i'm listening for noise my ear pruck up. also smell i'm total let my my nose, and traveling packs. i feel kind of silly saying this

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I Bark, A growl, Bite, and like a canine playfight with my dog.

I'm fiercely territorial and loyal.

I will sometimes become a "Lap dog" when I am exausted, or sleep like a dog with my legs in the air...It's somewhat comfortable after you get used to it, among other things.

I don't find it strange, unless you are doing it at home, and in front of other people you know and know you are a furry (I.e.: A group of furries).

eternal_flare

voice of guilmon!
Zeke Shadowfyre said:
I don't find it strange, unless you are doing it at home, and in front of other people you know and know you are a furry (I.e.: A group of furries).
And why does it strange to do so, I mean when you know that many also
do them.
When I found myself doing those things in public, I might just stop asap.
But when I'm with my friend, well let it be.^.^ For one thing, I can't stop myself from biting some of my friends who I'm quite fond to.

16weeks

i scratched a hole in a new couch and ate a mouse......:oops:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
eternal_flare said:
Zeke Shadowfyre said:
And why does it strange to do so, I mean when you know that many also
do them.
When I found myself doing those things in public, I might just stop asap.
But when I'm with my friend, well let it be.^.^ For one thing, I can't stop myself from biting some of my friends who I'm quite fond to.

Sorry, let me rephrase that, it's not strange doing it infront of other furs, at home, or other people who know you are a furry.

I tend to growl in Public if I am being followed, agitated, or irritable...Last time I growled at someone...well...He won't be stalking my sister or me anytime soon..(Popped him in the nose).

And Yes, I am a Scavenger...I can and will eat almost anything that is beyond it's expiration date and raw....Raw lamb would be good now...-drools-

I am a hunter, I track and sneak very well, my sense of smell is more acute than anyone elses..I nip when I want to "Play"(-winkwink-), or play...I bare teeth for show of "respect my Authoriteh" and will bite and fight anyone who soils my authority...But my perona (And fursona) carries the traits of a trickster...a wise trickster...

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
When I realy start gettign mad I've got this odd twitch that makes it look like I'm exposing my canines. Kinda like a wolf growling. I've chewed up more random items than I can remember and I loved sleeping in small cave like areas. the big one, is whenever I get aggitated and pace some, everyone says I look like some wolf about to attack (and none of them know I'm furry:shock:). Also, a love of play fighting

TheGreatCrusader

Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!
I guess the closest thing to that is sleeping in a tight little ball and never actually having my head out from under the covers when I sleep. That's about it, I guess.

I don't understand what is so Gawd-awful wrong about doing the things that you guys do. What's the big deal?

Wolf_Fox_Guy

TheGreatCrusader said:
I guess the closest thing to that is sleeping in a tight little ball and never actually having my head out from under the covers when I sleep. That's about it, I guess.

I don't understand what is so Gawd-awful wrong about doing the things that you guys do. What's the big deal?

I dont see anyproblems with any of this. The only excetion being eating a rat for obvious health reasons but other then that it all seemes rather normal

ZenryuDoC

OK. Lets see...to start, i have over-exposed canines (i had to have my premolars removed so they could fit. my canines root and all is 2 inches long), i'm immune to salmonella (don't feel like spelling) because i've been eating raw reat since i was young. My dad swears i'm not his kid. I lay on the bed staring at squirrels with my dog. For some strange reason we never bark though...I walk digigrade, or at least i used too. Ever since i joined the military, these boots have prevented me so. I sleep curled in a ball on a body pillow. Strong sense of smell and hearing. I can see in the dark, but my doctor said because i can, the more i stay out during daylight, the more headaches i'm going to get because of overabsorption of sunlight. (that why i work night shift in Iraq) I've snarled at people, i admit it, sometimes at my roommate too. He's afraid i'm going to kill him in his sleep. How cute...hehehe. Hmmm...i stare at full moons for hours without realizing it. My personality is that of a fox. Most of this behavior is from my past. I was raised around dogs and wolves my entire life. The only "fox-like" behavior that i have developed is the silent sneaking up on people. I've even taught myself to walk silently on rocks without making noise. Takes a lot of weight shifting management when wearing boots. Oh wait, I also don't hesitate to bite and claw at people in a fight. But whether I were a furry or not, I would probably still bite and claw people in fights. They are natural weapons, use them.

Zared-Sabretooth

Resident Psychopath
me and my cat like to sit there and bat the hell out of each other, i find myself growling a lot and then theres the fact that i follow intuition more than a conscience decision.

quill

Wolf_Fox_Guy said:
What does walking digi grade mean?

I believe that's walking on your toes, rather than on the whole foot.

lol I used to do that too. Pretended I was a dinosaur.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

quill said:
Wolf_Fox_Guy said:

oh! ok, I do that to. Glad I'm not the only one. yeah, I used to imagine myself as a wofl while walking around like that.

Zared-Sabretooth

Resident Psychopath
quill said:
Wolf_Fox_Guy said:

Velociraptor..damn i love them

foxhunter

is hunting you
well i do lots of animal like things
-bite
-bark
-walk digi grade (every time i take my boots off. i cant help it) -sleep in a ball
-walk without making any noises(my dad called me Death when i snuck up on him once, he punched me out of reflex =p )-i stare at the moon alot
-i also shake myself off after taking a shower before using a towel.

this list could go on for some time so i'll stop there. but what can i say im a freak

Status
Not open for further replies.