• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry instincts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkTalbain64

Buff and Evil.
Uzhas said:
DarkTalbain64 said:
I climb stairs on all fours, shake water out of my hair like a canine and i growl and show my teeth sometimes but only when im getting peeved.

Cmdr. Talbain;

i didnt know that climbing stairs on all fours could be considered animalistic. O.O
I just thought it was becuase i was inept at my motor skills.

Hmm, all i know is people ask why do i climb the stairs like an animal but i guess its different in your case huh?

DarkTalbain64 said:
Uzhas said:
DarkTalbain64 said:
I climb stairs on all fours, shake water out of my hair like a canine and i growl and show my teeth sometimes but only when im getting peeved.

Cmdr. Talbain;

i didnt know that climbing stairs on all fours could be considered animalistic. O.O

Hmm, all i know is people ask why do i climb the stairs like an animal but i guess its different in your case huh?

Depends on how large the stairs are and how regularly you climb them....

Jonnaius

I've growled at people, howled at the full moon (as a joke, but i still did it) and i go up stairs on all fours. Also, when i ised to have long hair i used to shake it dry like a canine. I never noticed i was acting like that for ages, until someone eventually pointed it out to me. It came as quite a shock!

DarkTalbain64

Buff and Evil.
cataract_orange said:
DarkTalbain64 said:
Uzhas said:
DarkTalbain64 said:

Cmdr. Talbain;

Depends on how large the stairs are and how regularly you climb them....

I actually do it with any stairs i come across, only time i dont do it is when im carrying groceries or other things up stairs.

zaal

Digitgrade when standing in a moving train (Skytrain, I live in Greater Vancouver), but that's only because it's easier to shift my weight around when the train banks/turns/slows/stops/accelerates. Not sure if that's animalistic, but it sure is effective when you don't want to look like a fool being tossed around in the train!

Beastcub

lol
when hyper i tend to run down the back stepps and bark and i have been known to yip and bark in the back yard

i also cannot help but howl when really sad, its like the most natural way to cry for me. i'll let out short whiney howls if i am over emotional/sleep depribed and some thing on TV touches me/makes me sad....and when our dog died i really howled...

i also purr a little when happy, i snuggle deep into my squishy chair and let out a little purr.

i meowed in cermaics class once cause i was hyper and happy.

part of my reason for being so animal vocal though is we have so many pets and we have owned them all my life, and well a cat undertsnads me hissing at it better than yelling "get off the table"

so i am pretty lose at home with animal sounds, public is another matter.

Kelsh

I hiss and mew a lot. I also love taking day naps, staying up all night, meat, and also cats have a special connection with me. I've yet to see a cat that doesn't like me; they adore me and I adore them.

And I usually can understand what they want or whatnot.

SoloJaguar

Just my humble opinion here, but it seems to me that humans are just another form of animal. So doesnt it also conclude that anything that humans do can also be called animal behavior? Just because we dont see dogs walking around on their back feet on a regular basis doesn't necessarily mean that we have other traits that cannot be called non-animalish. So if everything we do is animal behavior anyway, then does it really matter if we like to revert to a period of time when humans had a few less "human only" traits, and do what the rest of the animal kingdom does on regular basis.....after all, that seems to be more natural than well....walking on only 2 feet.

WolfAngel

*howl*
SoloJaguar said:
Just my humble opinion here, but it seems to me that humans are just another form of animal. So doesnt it also conclude that anything that humans do can also be called animal behavior? Just because we dont see dogs walking around on their back feet on a regular basis doesn't necessarily mean that we have other traits that cannot be called non-animalish. So if everything we do is animal behavior anyway, then does it really matter if we like to revert to a period of time when humans had a few less "human only" traits, and do what the rest of the animal kingdom does on regular basis.....after all, that seems to be more natural than well....walking on only 2 feet.

True... but I guess the thread aplies more from a fursona point of view, more than "how animalistic a human could act"...

Although, you made a good point :)

I growl when angry (or roar if I'm seriously pissed) and have a tendency to try to claw and bite when fighting, not much beyond that, although I move around in a rather cat-like way (typically on my toes when sneaking, running etc.)

SuperSwede88

May The Horse Be With You!
when I eat I dont let anyone near my plate. it's like my own territory xD

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
heres a question, Many animals will migrate to mate during a particular part of the year. This isnt a taught behavior but sometimes just instinct. so, could having a strong want to mate with be considered a furry instinct at times instead of biological clocks or getting horney?

Иван

SoloJaguar said:
Just my humble opinion here, but it seems to me that humans are just another form of animal.

Know what irks me? I said something like this to a couple people irl, and they laughed.

O

Option7

Humans are animals... We are mammals, just like monkeys, dogs etc.

It's just that we are more sophisticated than other animals.

Иван

Option7 said:

that's what I told them! (donks the stupid irl people on the head)

Aldog076

The one of many
theres that and we innovate...From robots"See a need, fill a need" and we human have infinite need with limited resources...thats is wut makes us different from any animal on earth..but ya besides that we are like any other animal we kill, we eat, we mate , then we die...

O

Option7

If anything, I guess our advancement from other animals is more of a hindrance. We are given this ability to use these resources, and we've fucked the whole thing up. If we were more primitive, then there would inevitably still be wars etc, but I guarantee the whole global situation wouldn't be as fucked up as it is.

Иван

Aldog076 said:
theres that and we innovate...From robots"See a need, fill a need" and we human have infinite need with limited resources...thats is wut makes us different from any animal on earth..but ya besides that we are like any other animal we kill, we eat, we mate , then we die...

Our needs are finite (or at least they were)
The problem is our wants. Sometimes I think Gautama Buddha had the right idea there

Kasseth

Option7 said:

More sophisticated? In some ways, perhaps. In others far less. We have achieved just enough sophistication to create a major extinction event through our own efforts, which is undoubtedly unprecedented in the animal kingdom. "Sophisticated", perhaps, but it's not really something to be proud of.

O

Option7

I'm not denying that we fucked up big time. But, do you see a dolphin with an internal combustion engine? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.