• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry jobs?

is it okay that a dog furry is a dog walker for work

• yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • can’t decide

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

nick

curious and accepting ally
hello. I have come to ask a question and learn from you, the community, about a furry I found on Facebook. they are a friend of a friend and I saw their picture with the dog head on and I clicked through to their profile. I discovered that they are a dog furry, and they listed their work as dog walker. they have pictures of them walking the dogs both with and without the full suit on. is this okay do you think. thanks.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend

Leadhoof

The NODS stay ON during sex.
I don't see why not, though it might drive away some customers.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Being a furry is just a hobby I don’t see why not?

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
Aside from the obvious zoophile which is very unlikely, I'd also mostly be worried about if my dog will be scared.
He's had a bad past with big dogs and I'd rather him not attack the walker when he puts on the fursuit.

Otherwise, I don't mind, he does him. Aslong as my good boy is walked and safe then all is good in the world.

CinnamonSkunk

will steal ur food
Do they wear the suit while walking dogs? I'd say it's fine if not but if they do I'm more concerned about them getting heat stroke because >_o damn those things are hot.

jffry890

I'd say have at it, dude, but you're gonna get some odd looks. Then again, he's already shameless so whatever. It might turn off customers though.

DorjeStego

I'd say have at it, dude, but you're gonna get some odd looks. Then again, he's already shameless so whatever. It might turn off customers though.

It might draw others though. Practically any kind of advertising these days will alienate ~someone~.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I would say it depends on the dogs. Dogs are situational animals. They might be fine with something in one particular setting a freak out with the same something somewhere else. I would say stick to maybe a tail at most.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I only hire fursuiters to walk my dogs. :p

Sam Akuchin Wamm

you're not as dog-like as you imagine yourself to be. the dogs aren't fooled. they know it's a human under there.

from what i've seen the dogs have reacted badly because it's a person they don't recognise and they are wary of strangers in general.

couple that wih the overfriendliness that a lot of furries do when in character and it can be unnerving.

the dog doesn't really care what species you are as long as you approach them properly in a non-threatening way.

that's the reason why dogs can often get along with all kinds of housepets.