• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Furry Mate Finder"

furrymate

LOL good one, I do like gollum! However, not sure what part of a site that anyone can use for free to find happiness you don't like though!

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Horrible people get parted with their money; all remains right with the world

I use last.fm for my dating site. They must have 30 bands I haven't heard of for me to even consider dating them.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
not sure what part of a site that anyone can use for free to find happiness you don't like though!

I believe it's a beef with the internet dating scene in general—you have your usual complaints with that and those are easy enough to come across and understand (if you're in this business and you're not conscious of them, you're oblivious)—and then boil it down even further to a select subgroup of people, not known in the first place for their...social ability. It's like attempting to distill an elixir of pure crushing desperation.

But hell, everyone's got their niche, good on you if you can manage to make a buck off of it. You'll not find many customers here, though. I wouldn't put too much energy into it.

morphology

Arch-meanie
Furrymate, dude, even though you own that site, before advertising it here, lurk around so you know the feel of this site: It's pretty obvious that you won't be taken seriously, if the previous 2 pages have anything to prove. Plus you're advertising and technically that's against the rules.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
LOL good one, I do like gollum! However, not sure what part of a site that anyone can use for free to find happiness you don't like though!

For the love of...
A Furry spambot?!?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Am I the only one who gets irrationally annoyed when furries call their boy/girlfriend a "mate"?

No.
And it's the "Politically correct" way of saying I have a boy/girlfriend. :V

footfoe

Beware of Molesters
You mean this isn't a furry dating site?

oh god, i've been gone so long, i don't recognize anyone on here anymore T.T

Sharga

This mate finder (hahaha) thing aside, it makes me mad that there's so few sites for just plain meetups. No yiffy garbage, no relationships, just friends and locals.

Though I have made some great friends there, 99% of the time I go on Pounced I only get bites from creepos or people who flat out ignore the "taken, not interested" part.

E

Elim Garak

Don't expect to find the love of your life on the Internet. It's possible. But don't expect it.
Hey now, I heard a lot of success stories. Mostly from Americans though, especially Cali.
However, I live in a country with a small furry population and I honestly found my boyfriend in the country above me(Visit him/visits me every 2 weeks since its not too far away).I met him 4 years on STEAM, when the STEAM community beta started.
Of course YMMV.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
This mate finder (hahaha) thing aside, it makes me mad that there's so few sites for just plain meetups. No yiffy garbage, no relationships, just friends and locals.

it would be corrupted into a "yiffy garbage" site in two weeks flat

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I am very curious to know what "Yiffy garbage" is.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
You already know what Yiffy Garbage is, Mike. Try looking into that place where you dare not look. You'll find me there, staring back at you! :V

Sharga

I am very curious to know what "Yiffy garbage" is.

I was more referring to the phenomenon of nearly every social networking furry site devolving into sort of a niche dating service. There is nothing wrong with yiffing, or with pursuing relationships within the fandom. There is also nothing wrong with two consenting adults using the internet to meet up and have sex, regardless of their interests. However, when one has to wade through a sea of semen on a "social networking" site just to meet locals as friends, something seems deeply wrong.

It would be as if every time you posted on a public Facebook wall looking for friends you got lots of "hey bby" type posts instead, including your best friend's creepy uncle.

furrymate

Thanks for everyones thoughts! Please let us know if there is anything we can do on our site to make it a better experience for you.

If the site is not for you, that's cool too.

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
Hey now, I heard a lot of success stories. Mostly from Americans though, especially Cali.
However, I live in a country with a small furry population and I honestly found my boyfriend in the country above me(Visit him/visits me every 2 weeks since its not too far away).I met him 4 years on STEAM, when the STEAM community beta started.
Of course YMMV.

I'd say that for every successful online love story, there are many, many more stories of online love failures.

And yes, I've heard of successful online relationships as well, and it's great that you have one that's working well! I'd just say that the ones that work well are the minority of online relationships.

Seaglass

the Polymorph
its just that Pounce is more creepy due to some folks who are on there are just looking for friends or other furs in their area...and they get the creepy furs who are looking for typefucking buddies :V /QUOTE]

Oh, god, yes. Story of my life. I type in the name of a town not too far away from me and some person has a page that's just there foor free fursuit sex... o.e

DKitty

The Future is Meow
All dating sites are in my opinion, for the hopeless, anti-social, self-esteemless fantasizers.

I met my love of two years on DeviantArt, and that was when my now ex-fiance was giving me fucking shit & cheating on me. I had no intention of dating online at all or meeting anyone that time too.

While we are thankful for dA for our meeting, ironically we both left it several months ago because of the stupid upgrades & dumb shit we put up with for so long.

thewall

Crazy Awesome
Why do we call IRL spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends mates? isn't that taking the fandom too far? :3

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
The term mate in its general usage does not imply a single level of commitment.
Indeed. I use the word mate almost daily. Just as a synonym for buddy or pal
It's also one of the words i always pull off Australian accent, there is no other way of saying it right x3

thewall

Crazy Awesome
Indeed. I use the word mate almost daily. Just as a synonym for buddy or pal
It's also one of the words i always pull off Australian accent, there is no other way of saying it right x3

When mate is applied to animals, it is a pair of animals that have sex. What else was i supposed to think? You can just use the word friend, buddy, or pal like every other human being.