• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Minecraft Server

deadboy01

I am joined :D

My little base of operations is underground, in a little pool of water in the desert next to the spawn. Looking forward to actually running in to people at some point :)

--mute00

Limbo

._.
Oh, yeah, you should add SWatchdog to your list of needed mods. It allows you to check who removed/placed a block, and what their IP was, so that you can even IP ban them when they're not online (to use /whois, the person has to be online)

ADF

Just to note, a tech guy will be coming over to switch my ISP tomorrow. There shouldn't be any downtime, but if there is, that's the reason I fell off the Earth for a bit :p

Classik

Sleepyhead
Nmf8i.png

f2zVr.png

So I logged on to see all of my villagers (around 30 or so) and my iron golems killed, and a hole in my fence where someone must have broken to let zombies in. I have huge reason to suspect it was smedge, as cyanide told me he was logged on between when I was last logged on and now, and talking about zombie villagers. He also would have motive.

ADF, if you have a logging system, please test where these iron blocks are:

lZdmr.jpg

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Yes, I was on since you were on last. That's because I am on on every day, usually several times.

And seeing as I'm apparently getting the blame for it again, yes I was near your house yesterday. I was in the Nether, found a gate and went through it, because as far as I was aware, it was only the public one and Natural Causes gates. I came through, found it was yours so left again in case you decided to log on and accuse me of something.

I went the opposite direction of your villager farm, so I don't know if it was fucked then or not. I did murder a few Ocelots in the jungle though because I like to hear them die.

Last edited:

ADF

So I logged on to see all of my villagers (around 30 or so) and my iron golems killed, and a hole in my fence where someone must have broken to let zombies in. I have huge reason to suspect it was smedge, as cyanide told me he was logged on between when I was last logged on and now, and talking about zombie villagers. He also would have motive.

ADF, if you have a logging system, please test where these iron blocks are:

We do have a logging system, but it never seems to actually want to log anything :/ It is hooked up to a SQL server, otherwise it would be throwing errors at me. But it doesn't appear to actually log any activity as records are often empty.

I'll give it another go when I can log in, but don't get your hopes up I'm afraid. I'll try to catch you online some time and repopulate your village.

-edit

Looking at server add-ons, it would probably help if that support guy who switched us over to the latest patch (without permission mind you) gave us the right damn version of logblock >_<

Last edited:

ADF

Right, the bad news is no, we don't have any logs of the above I'm afraid. But it can be fixed simply be repopulating the village and protecting the blocks so they cannot be damaged.

The good news is after updating to the version of logblock we should have (damned multiplay support) it's decided to start working.

This means that we not only have logging now, but we have roll back ^.=.^ So that's something.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Just out of interest, seeing as I keep getting blamed for griefing AJ, can I actually grief him so that I'm getting blame for something I've actually done. Cos this is something like 3 things now I've got blamed for, and I haven't even had the fun of doing something to deserve it.

ADF

Just out of interest, seeing as I keep getting blamed for griefing AJ, can I actually grief him so that I'm getting blame for something I've actually done. Cos this is something like 3 things now I've got blamed for, and I haven't even had the fun of doing something to deserve it.

Getting accused of doing something by people isn't the same as taking the blame for something, which is normally followed by a punishment of some sort. You haven't received any temp bans or such, so being accused by people hasn't had any negative consequences outside of it being an annoyance. But I can track activity now, so if something does happen and it isn't your fault I can demonstrate that.

Of course if also means those responsible will be on record.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Just for the record, I've been across to have a look at this village, and I'm offended at the implication I'd do anything that shoddy.

For starters, knocking a hole in the wall is far too obvious. I did a quick test and it appears area protection goes as far as the walls of the village on at least one side. I didn't check the others, so not sure about that. What this means is that my way of attack would be to use my own blocks to build steps to the top of the wall, to allow things in, lure them, then demolish the steps to leave no trace.

Not sure what I'd do about the golems, probably use creepers. Second, killing the villagers is boring. I'd have tried to get zombies into the houses, which is far funnier when someone goes in to trade and finds a room full of walking corpses. Third, if I had attacked just to kill everything, I'd have got the cows too, unless they're fresh ones since the griefing.

But most off, if I had been as crude as to knock a hole in the wall, I would have fixed it to make the point of entry invisible. It's better to let the victim wonder how it was done than make it completely fucking obvious.

Think of it this way. Why would I just walk in and murder a town full of villagers, when I can spend 5 days building a giant box over their town to keep the mobs in and kill them? I don't do the simple ways. Simple ways are boring.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Unless of course the simple ways are a means of hiding in plain sight. It couldn't have been me, because I would have done it less obviously...

Theres simple ways and simple ways. And they're all completely fucking boring. If I do something, it's because it's fun. Knocking a hole in a wall and hoping things wander in there is not fun, or guaranteed to actually do anything.

While we're on griefing though, someone keeps getting into my house and hatching chickens in there. The obvious culprit is AJ because he is convinced I'm doing things to him.

StormKern

Would it be possible to get a server restart ? TP and mob lag is getting really out of hand.

Multiplay allows you to do scheduled restarts. Daily or bi-daily would be great.

While I'm here. With server population slowly growing and your (AD) sporadic appearances on the server, I would highly suggest looking for a moderator to help with general issues that arise.
But since you don't have a permissions scheme, you cannot have a moderator that isn't an OP.

Setting up permissions is not terribly hard. The hardest part of it is finding the permission nodes for all the plugins that you have running and dividing them accordingly.

Classik

Sleepyhead
The Server desperately needs a reboot, and also bi-daily automatic reboots. Right now there is tremendous teleporting lag and there is delay on actions. And it's not just me either. Natural and others are being annoyed by it as well. After every teleport, the server takes about 30 seconds to catch up, where you are incredibly vulnerable. This wasn't happening about a week ago.

Also Smelge, we know it was you. AD can't ban you because he doesn't have any photographic proof, but you fucking told Natural that you dug out below my portal. I haven't been anywhere near your house. When I TP to spawn it is to use the Nether portal and end portals. You were at Eternia while Cyanide was on, and you spoke about zombie villagers. When I logged back on, there was a hole in the wall and my unfinished door frame was opened up. That easily allowed zombies to walk in. After taking out the Golems of course.

Now look, I haven't retaliated at all. I really don't feel like attacking some butthurt person who is upset because I didn't like what they did to my villager farm, and I didn't like how their 68 chickens were seated right next to spawn and caused lag to anyone who was near there. So far you have been a nuisance to me and other players on the server. I want to get along with you, but you seem to want to break the only written rule of the server, "don't be a git", at every possible chance.

I don't want you banned unless you continue to modify my creations. Please don't be a git.

ADF

You know, I don't think it's the server. I was getting terrible teleport freezes as some people know and was suffering from a ram leak, it was fixed when I switched my java version to 6 64bit. I gave the server a restart anyway, but it hadn't restarted that long ago so you may want to check if your java version isn't responsible for minecraft acting weird.

Classik

Sleepyhead
You know, I don't think it's the server. I was getting terrible teleport freezes as some people know and was suffering from a ram leak, it was fixed when I switched my java version to 6 64bit. I gave the server a restart anyway, but it hadn't restarted that long ago so you may want to check if your java version isn't responsible for minecraft acting weird.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 32bit. I wasn't experiencing this lag a week ago, and there have been no updates to java since then. I'll check for any errors though.

ADF

Ok updated to OpenJRE 7 and still experiencing the TP lag. OpenJRE 6 was based on Java 6 update 24, which was very outdated. But after moving to OpenJRE 7 I am still experiencing the same lag.

I am going to go on some other servers to test lag, but this might be an issue Bukkit fixed in the latest version:

https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse...bucket-connector-plugin:dvcs-commits-tabpanel

AD, what bukkit version is the server running right now?

We're presently running the 1.4.5-R0.3 build. I originally wanted to wait until the release build, but as you recall one of the multiplay tech support people confused what I was asking.

ADF

I was informed that Lockette randomly stopped working O.=.o

A quick reset fixed it, but I felt it should be noted given that for a time anyone could access any chest... no idea why that happened.

I hope its ok if I joined the server I took a look around the large fortress near the spawning point and accidentally took one or two chicken eggs but other then that all I've done so far is build a pyramid shaped house atop a hill facing towards the back of the giant tower like fortress and labeled it with two signs my name is Little_wolf112 on the minecraft server. If there are any rules other then don't mess with people's stuff let me know.

ADF

Chickens are egg machines so you've got nothing to worry about there :p Just get on well with other people, not building too close to their projects, and you should be fine.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Well, lets talk about how my herd of cattle have all been slaughtered. Because thats a thing. Most of my chickens are gone as well, and only a few sheep left. I'm going to assume this is another revenge attack for stuff I didn't do, except for the Nether portal thing, but thats because it was funny.

Well, actually lets dig a bit more into this nether portal thing.

Ever since things started going wrong, AJ has been blaming me for griefing. He's ignored that things have been getting done to me too because he has some kind of hate boner against me. It's got to the point where he's been whining so much that it's pretty much certain that any incidence of griefing on the server is going to be blamed on me.

Forget about things like evidence, just blame me for it each and every time.

That is why I dug out the ground under your portal. Because I'm fed up of getting blamed for things I didn't do, so I might as well actually do something to balance things out.

Last edited:

ADF

You've never been banned for anything you didn't do though, Smelge :/ I never acted out on any of the claims people made regarding your alleged activities. While it would be understandably annoying to constantly get accused of doing things you didn't do, I still have to respond when you actually do something.

As you know I was trying to find some less severe alternative but it didn't work, so I'm afraid you're banned until Monday. If I hadn't done "something", people would be annoyed that you admitted to greifing someone's portal and nothing was done. There has to be some sort of deterrent.

Admittedly it actually took a lot of effort to get that ban into effect, none of the usual ban commands were working O.=.o Hence the server reset, I had to add you manually (and the hell we're going to do if that didn't work). I'll have to contact multiplay tech support and ask what's going on, as it's not good to have to reset the entire server to implement a simple ban.