• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry music

OCAdam

Procrastinator Extraordinare
Is there something wrong with me if I listen to rock.... and the rock I listen to gets further and further back into the past? 5 years ago I started on modern rock, then went to 90's. Now I'm in the late 60's to early early 90's range!

Either way... rock rock on! :p

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
Is there something wrong with me if I listen to rock.... and the rock I listen to gets further and further back into the past? 5 years ago I started on modern rock, then went to 90's. Now I'm in the late 60's to early early 90's range!

Either way... rock rock on! :p

You rockist :C

Broaden your horizons, maaaaaan

OCAdam

Oh, I kinda forgot to mention I do listen to VG soundtracks, along with that DnB band Pendulum. Err.... and metal... metal's good too!

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
Oh, I kinda forgot to mention I do listen to VG soundtracks, along with that DnB band Pendulum. Err.... and metal... metal's good too!

What about jazz? Holy Christ, god forbid a fur pick up a fucking saxophone, forget it. You kids, you don't know what it was like. Just listening to those noiseniks pollute the airwaves with "computer music". *Scoffs and shrugs*

OCAdam

Well, I broke that one a while back! I used to play in my junior high's band, and I played both Alto and Tenor Saxophones! Never did get all that great though... got annoyed at the stupid directors. Doesn't everyone?

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
Well, I broke that one a while back! I used to play in my junior high's band, and I played both Alto and Tenor Saxophones! Never did get all that great though... got annoyed at the stupid directors. Doesn't everyone?

No, I took keyboard lab.

I'm sure most kids who take saxophone in school don't plan on continuing it past graduation.

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Is there something wrong with me if I listen to rock.... and the rock I listen to gets further and further back into the past?

There's nothing wrong with that at all! I think that in order to fully appreciate the music that you love now, you have to go back and hear where it all came from. There are too many people, especially younger people (which I say having no idea how old you are), who could care less about anything that existed before their own time. People who listen to rock but couldn't name a Beatles song, people who say they love techno but have no idea who Kraftwerk were. I say, educate yourself, and don't necessarily limit yourself to rock. The coolest people I know are the people who have an appreciation for music that covers many different genres and time periods. So keep it up, man. You're doing it right. :)

OCAdam

Sweet, people who DO understand! Although, I haven't gone all the way back to the Beetles ATM, I'm at the Hendrix period of music you could say. :p Probably should go a bit further... I seem to be gravitating that way anyways!

Delphinidae

Competitively intelligent.
Also, I think furries don't know how to play instruments which is why they see Fruity Loops and are all leik, "OH, well..fruity loops, I don't need a band to make music!" *Produces sub-average drum 'n' bass/trance/goa trance/house/dubstep (?)*
Anyone who thinks FL Studio (not FruityLoops anymore) is bad, clearly doesn't know how to handle it and is probably jealous or in denial. Just because you make it on your own, it's still music (if you're good at it).

FL Studio is among the world's leading Digital Audio Workstations, being the best value on the market (lifetime free upgrades, plus a low price to begin with). You probably know nothing of this, but the program evolved a lot from the simple thing it was back in the turn of the century.

It's also extremely easy to use, another thing going for it - in fact, it only has a bad name because a lot of newbies use it to learn, since it's straightforward. It's used as a teaching tool in certain schools.
After minimal digging I got this for you: http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/shootout/shootout_summary.htm
According to that link, FL is the best value when you compare what you get to what you pay. If you believe the charts (I do), the best DAW in existence is Cubase Studio, but that'll be too expensive for me. Sonar deserves an honourable mention as well.

Why is Reason off the charts? It's an overpriced shit, it's extremely difficult to learn and use, the interface is vomit and even the plugins cost an arm and a leg (ReCycle comes to mind for 250 dollars, a feature you essentially get for free inside FL Studio). Yes, I've tried Reason. I didn't even get as far as setting a note before I decided I'm fed up. Most will agree that FL gets the same results quicker and easier, and most professionals will be out poking Cubase Studio anyway and they won't read forums like these.

You play an instrument? Good for you. I won't loathe you because you do (in fact, I could lol at you like "oh, you can't even make a song on your own, you're dependent on other people or hamstrung by recording difficulties"), and I'd kindly expect the same tolerance in return, towards people who work with DAWs. I will admit to not being able to play any instrument (even a piano, the base of all sequencers), but I believe I'm not worth less than you.

-----

Now, back on topic: the original poster threw up something that's nigh impossible to read. I'm glad he enjoys the work of some furry artists, but I wish he spoke English.

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
Anyone who thinks FL Studio (not FruityLoops anymore) is bad, clearly doesn't know how to handle it and is probably jealous or in denial. Just because you make it on your own, it's still music (if you're good at it).

FL Studio is among the world's leading Digital Audio Workstations, being the best value on the market (lifetime free upgrades, plus a low price to begin with). You probably know nothing of this, but the program evolved a lot from the simple thing it was back in the turn of the century.

It's also extremely easy to use, another thing going for it - in fact, it only has a bad name because a lot of newbies use it to learn, since it's straightforward. It's used as a teaching tool in certain schools.
After minimal digging I got this for you: http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/shootout/shootout_summary.htm
According to that link, FL is the best value when you compare what you get to what you pay. If you believe the charts (I do), the best DAW in existence is Cubase Studio, but that'll be too expensive for me. Sonar deserves an honourable mention as well.

Why is Reason off the charts? It's an overpriced shit, it's extremely difficult to learn and use, the interface is vomit and even the plugins cost an arm and a leg (ReCycle comes to mind for 250 dollars, a feature you essentially get for free inside FL Studio). Yes, I've tried Reason. I didn't even get as far as setting a note before I decided I'm fed up. Most will agree that FL gets the same results quicker and easier, and most professionals will be out poking Cubase Studio anyway and they won't read forums like these.

You play an instrument? Good for you. I won't loathe you because you do (in fact, I could lol at you like "oh, you can't even make a song on your own, you're dependent on other people or hamstrung by recording difficulties"), and I'd kindly expect the same tolerance in return, towards people who work with DAWs. I will admit to not being able to play any instrument (even a piano, the base of all sequencers), but I believe I'm not worth less than you.

-----

Now, back on topic: the original poster threw up something that's nigh impossible to read. I'm glad he enjoys the work of some furry artists, but I wish he spoke English.

Okay okay

I'm not knocking Fruity Loops (Which is a much better name in my opinion), it is just that there seem to be an influx of furry musicians operating under the frame of "techno" when they could do industrial stuff, they could make beats, they could do noise & loops. If you are happy with the music you create, more power to you, but it would be nice to see a wide variety of computer music.

T

TakeWalker

There's nothing wrong with that at all! I think that in order to fully appreciate the music that you love now, you have to go back and hear where it all came from.

I've kind of never understood this idea, maybe you can elucidate.

I like music. I like modern music (80's-today, generally speaking).

I have listened to a lot of older rock/electronic/etc., and as I tend to dislike it, having done so doesn't make me enjoy what I do like any more than I did previously.

Do I like old punk? Hell no. Classic rock? No, with minor exceptions. 70's era electronic artists? I've never heard one I like.

What's the point in hearing all these older artists, save to consider oneself 'cultured' in the realm of popular music?

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
I've kind of never understood this idea, maybe you can elucidate.

I like music. I like modern music (80's-today, generally speaking).

I have listened to a lot of older rock/electronic/etc., and as I tend to dislike it, having done so doesn't make me enjoy what I do like any more than I did previously.

Do I like old punk? Hell no. Classic rock? No, with minor exceptions. 70's era electronic artists? I've never heard one I like.

What's the point in hearing all these older artists, save to consider oneself 'cultured' in the realm of popular music?

Well, it was just my own opinion that I was expressing. If you've given older music a fair chance and genuinely didn't find anything in it that spoke to you, that's one thing. But more and more it seems like people would just rather not even learn anything about the past, whether it be about music, history, or anything else. There seems to be a mindset among younger people that anything that came before their own era is automatically lame, and it's not even worth bothering to learn the bare essentials about it. So when I hear that someone's making an effort to go beyond just what's out there now, it gives me hope, in a weird way.

Opinions change, too, so you may feel differently somewhere down the line. I listen to stuff now that years ago, I *never* could've imagined myself enjoying, and I find that the more I explore, the more I end up liking, and the more I broaden my horizons. I don't do it so I can feel more 'cultured' than someone else, but I'm not gonna lie and say that it isn't a nice by-product lol.

As always, your mileage may vary. ^_^

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Sweet, people who DO understand! Although, I haven't gone all the way back to the Beetles ATM, I'm at the Hendrix period of music you could say. :p Probably should go a bit further... I seem to be gravitating that way anyways!

That's cool, Hendrix is good. But Led Zeppelin has to be my favorite from that era.

Alex Cross

Taste the Music
Well, FL Studio is actually a very organized step sequencer program that doubles as recording software. If you know how to use it, you can produce some professional quality stuff.

OCAdam

That's cool, Hendrix is good. But Led Zeppelin has to be my favorite from that era.

Oh yes, how could I forget Led Zepp!? *facepalm* Great band...

Although I'm kinda listening to the Eagles' song Hotel California ATM. Need to find a tab that is specifically able to easily say which is the.... MAIN main guitar for the fun parts...

T

TakeWalker

Well, it was just my own opinion that I was expressing. If you've given older music a fair chance and genuinely didn't find anything in it that spoke to you, that's one thing. But more and more it seems like people would just rather not even learn anything about the past, whether it be about music, history, or anything else. There seems to be a mindset among younger people that anything that came before their own era is automatically lame, and it's not even worth bothering to learn the bare essentials about it. So when I hear that someone's making an effort to go beyond just what's out there now, it gives me hope, in a weird way.

It's just an opinion I hear a lot, it seems to be a prevailing notion. I can understand that, I suppose. Of course, it could also be a veiled attempt by the old guard to make sure the music they grew up enjoying isn't forgotten. I mean hell, 80s hair metal is considered 'classic rock' now. ._. That makes me sad in my place.

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
It's just an opinion I hear a lot, it seems to be a prevailing notion. I can understand that, I suppose. Of course, it could also be a veiled attempt by the old guard to make sure the music they grew up enjoying isn't forgotten.

That might be something to that lol, at least for some people. But I encourage people to dig back further than just what I personally grew up on. Late '70s and '80s might be my era, but the '60s was before my time, and I've come to love a lot of '60s music.

You can take music out of the equation entirely and just boil it down to this: I feel that if you really love something, you can stand only to benefit by making some kind of effort to know a little bit about its history... even if it's just that you end up being better at Trivial Pursuit lol.

T

TakeWalker

You can take music out of the equation entirely and just boil it down to this: I feel that if you really love something, you can stand only to benefit by making some kind of effort to know a little bit about its history... even if it's just that you end up being better at Trivial Pursuit lol.

Now that I can agree with. :D Trivial Pursuit is awesome.

haynari

Well I am a furry bassist. I don't play techno. I play like rock, punk, classic and a ton of other stuff. I do enjoy some techno music though. especially daft punk.

VVhiteWolf

Needs an anthro avatar pic...
You really slapped English in the face on this one. You frickin made it your BITCH.

Lyxen

Revivalst
FL is like the trax makers default, You can make anything you want imagiable, make your own style.....then you can find others to work on the trax with you,, FA is awesome if you want furry sounds,, collab rulez/// .flp me