• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Furry Nation" publication date rapidly approaching!

JoeStrike

WAY older than Mr. Black
Furry Nation, my history of the fandom will be published as a Nook/Kindle eBook on September 10, then as a paperback on October 10.

I've been working on this sucker on and off since 2008, give or take a year. Being a "greymuzzle" I was lucky enough to stumble into the fandom in 1988 when someone sent me an invite to a "furry party" at a Philadelphia sci-fi convention. I watched furry fandom grow from a dozen people in a hotel room to 7,000 at a convention & since I'm a pretty good writer decided to tell the story best I could. If you're interested, it has a website with a lot more info: furrynation.com

Attachments

• Furry Nation Cover_750px.jpg
    Furry Nation Cover_750px.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 119

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
Congrats! As someone who despises writing, I commend you for finishing an entire book.

Fuzzylumkin

The token panda
I'm interested in getting a copy. I've been lurking in the background of furry fandom for about 15 years

JoeStrike

WAY older than Mr. Black
I'm interested in getting a copy. I've been lurking in the background of furry fandom for about 15 years

I'm not sure how much exposure it's going to get in bookstores, but you can order it online via its website.

JoeStrike

WAY older than Mr. Black
Congrats! As someone who despises writing, I commend you for finishing an entire book.

It wasn't easy; I was fighting a serious urge to procrastinate, but once my agent found a publisher (and it took quite a while to find the agent) I suddenly had a deadline, which is a definite cure for procrastination.

Open_Mind

Furry Nation, my history of the fandom will be published as a Nook/Kindle eBook on September 10, then as a paperback on October 10.

I've been working on this sucker on and off since 2008, give or take a year. Being a "greymuzzle" I was lucky enough to stumble into the fandom in 1988 when someone sent me an invite to a "furry party" at a Philadelphia sci-fi convention. I watched furry fandom grow from a dozen people in a hotel room to 7,000 at a convention & since I'm a pretty good writer decided to tell the story best I could. If you're interested, it has a website with a lot more info: furrynation.com
Ordered ... will have by Thurs! Looking forward to seeing this :D

L

-..Legacy..-

As always, advertise in all the specialty groups that it applies to, and get it on Amazon as fast as possible in digital as well. The more exposure it gets, the more word of mouth works.

G

Ginza

I'm actually very interested in reading this! Best of luck with it, hope it sells well

Saw a review from Kothorix via his Youtube site a few days ago.
Have this book on my 'Wish List' cart and will order next month as a personal Xmas gift.
Thanks for the heads-up about its availability!

Just got the book! Early Xmas, yay!
You got me with the first few paragraphs.
Dat talkin' snek, mahn! 's ALL its fault! Yeah...
Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

A

ArtyLoop

Hey JoeStrike
Can we signal-boost this a bit, can I write a short paragraph about the book and a cover shot in my furry newsletter? If so I'd be very happy to do it, just need some words and a reasonable cover shot resolution.

JoeStrike

WAY older than Mr. Black
Hey JoeStrike
Can we signal-boost this a bit, can I write a short paragraph about the book and a cover shot in my furry newsletter? If so I'd be very happy to do it, just need some words and a reasonable cover shot resolution.

It's fine with me, and I'm sure the publisher wouldn't mind either. The attached cover should work for you, it's directly from their website.
IH cover_Cleis.com_Dec 23 2017.jpg

Plz send me the URL when you post the item - thanx much

A

ArtyLoop

It's fine with me, and I'm sure the publisher wouldn't mind either. The attached cover should work for you, it's directly from their website.View attachment 25583

Plz send me the URL when you post the item - thanx much
Sure will do. I can also send you the e-mail address we use internally so we can send you a proof to check to make sure you're happy with what we wrote.